Just You and Me

Unwanted Benefits

 

 

Lisa opened her eyes groggily, sunlight slanting through the blinds and warming her through the covers.

That’s weird, she thought as she pushed herself into a sitting position. The last thing she remembered was sitting on the couch in Jennie’s living room, curled up against the older girl as they talked quietly, the television providing background noise. Had she fallen asleep? The blonde looked around, realizing that she wasn’t in Rosé’s room like she had been the last time she’d slept over. This room was a tad bit messier, with papers sprawled on the desk and articles of clothing hanging on the back of the chair. Looking at the clothing, Lisa came to the sudden realization that she was in a pair of pyjama pants and an oversized sweater that definitely weren’t hers. She blushed darkly at the fact that she didn’t remember changing the night before and it occurred to her that Jennie must have done it for her when she’d fallen asleep. The sound of a soft knock on the door shook her out of her thoughts and she looked up as the door creaked open. Jennie poked her head into the room, a soft smile gracing her lips when she caught sight of Lisa.

“Hey, sleepyhead. Glad to see you’re up,” Jennie greeted, opening the door further and stepping into the room.

“What time is it?” Lisa asked, her voice raspy.

“Half past noon.” Jennie rubbed the nape of her neck sheepishly, tentatively approaching Lisa. “You looked so exhausted that I didn’t have the heart to wake you. I hope you didn’t have any important classes today.”

“It doesn’t matter. I wouldn’t have been able to focus anyway.” Lisa looked up at Jennie, smiling at the older girl’s shy expression. “Thank you for letting me sleep in. I’m not even sure what time I fell asleep.”

“Somewhere around two in the morning. I carried you from the couch but you woke up when I got you to the bed so I gave you a change of clothes and went to grab you a glass of water. You were fast asleep by the time I got back.”

“Oh, so you didn’t…?” Lisa tugged on the sweatshirt, unable to say what she was thinking. Jennie’s eyes widened dramatically and she quickly shook her head.

“Nonono, o-of course n-not,” Jennie stammered. “I didn’t… I-I wouldn’t… I wouldn’t invade your privacy like that.”

“You’re really adorable when you get flustered like that,” Lisa giggled. She stretched forward to kiss Jennie’s cheek, which was warm and bright red. With that, the blonde climbed out of the bed, playfully poking Jennie’s still-flushed cheeks. “So, how long have you been up, cutie?”

“Um… a while. I didn’t sleep much actually.”

“Awe, how come? Too worried about Rosé and Jisoo?”

“Actually, I think it had more to do with the fact that this girl I really like was sleeping in my bed. For some reason, I couldn’t get my pulse to calm down.”

“Oh, really? This girl you really like has that much of an effect on you?” Lisa asked, closing the distance between them and wrapping her arms around the older girl’s neck.

“Uh, well, y-yeah. I g-guess so,” Jennie stammered, her brain turning to mush at the close proximity between her and Lisa.

“You know, I’m starting to wonder where that overconfident Jennie I first met went.”

“I don’t think you want her around again.”

“Mm, I think I do.”

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you,” Jennie said with a shrug. Lisa smirked at Jennie teasingly, expecting her to drop the conversation there. But the smirk was immediately wiped off of Lisa’s face when she found that she’d been spun around and was now pressed between Jennie’s body and the wall. Lisa felt her breath hitch when Jennie’s lips traced her jaw line. The older girl’s breath was hot on Lisa’s neck when she whispered, “Confident enough for you?”

“Hardly,” Lisa bit back, trying to keep her voice from wavering though her heart was pounding in . Jennie let out a low chuckle, her hands pressing the blonde’s hips back into the wall.

“How about that shy Lisa I first met? Where did she go?” Jennie murmured, pressing feathery kisses to Lisa’s neck.

“Um… she was, uh… that’s just a facade,” Lisa stammered. She was finding it hard to concentrate with Jennie’s lips ghosting across her skin. “I just… uh, I wanted to come off as little threatening as possible… I wanted you to like me.”

“Hm, mission accomplished,” Jennie hummed. Her teeth tentatively grazed the soft skin of Lisa’s neck, right below her ear.

“J-Jennie,” Lisa breathed out shakily. She had to bite her lip to stop a moan from slipping out when Jennie repeated the action, applying slightly more pressure this time. The older girl had barely done anything yet but Lisa’s breathing was already ragged.

“Do you want me to stop?” Jennie asked breathily, her hands sneaking beneath Lisa’s shirt to the blonde’s flat stomach. Lisa shivered under the gentle caress of Jennie’s touch.

“No, I want you to kiss me.” Lisa cupped Jennie’s cheek and brought the dark-haired girl up for a kiss. Their lips molded effortlessly with each other, moving in perfect unison. Lisa’s hands were in Jennie’s hair, running through the dark locks and tugging on them playfully. Jennie’s hands were still pressed against Lisa’s stomach, lightly scratching at the taught muscles.

The two of them were drowning in each other as if the rest of the world didn’t exist, and they were so lost in the feeling that it took them several moments to realize that there was a phone blaring somewhere in the background. With a great amount of effort, Lisa detached her lips from Jennie’s. A defeated sigh left Jennie’s lips as she stepped away from Lisa, allowing the younger girl to make her way to the desk and answer her phone.

“Hello? Rosé?” Lisa said as she put the phone to her ear.

It’s me actually,” a familiar voice replied.

“Jisoo, hey!” Lisa exclaimed. “Where are y--?”

Look, I just called to tell you that I’m okay,” Jisoo cut in. “She did tell you last night, right?

“Yeah, she did. How’s Rosé?”

She has a hangover from hell but she’s otherwise fine.” There was a pause. “Are you asking because you care or because you’re with Jennie?

“What kind of question is that? Of course I care.”

So you are with Jennie. Did you spend the night?

“Jisoo, what does that have to do with anything?”

You’re right, nevermind. Anyway, I just wanted to let you and Jennie know that Rosie and I are gonna be out for a while. I’ll take her home later today, maybe in the evening.

“What do you mean you’re going to be out for a while? Where the heck are you going? You don’t even have your phone and… wait, did you just call Rosé ‘Rosie’?”

Yeah, I did. And we’re just going to be roaming. We both need some fresh air, some time away from school. I’m on my way back to the dorm to shower and change right now actually. I’ll pick up my phone while I’m at it. Do you mind if Rosé borrows something of yours?

“Uh… sure? I guess. I mean, the clothes she let me borrow are still in my closet if she wanted that back.”

Awesome, thanks! See ya later!

“Jisoo, wait!” But the older girl had already hung up, leaving Lisa to stare at her phone in confusion.

“What the hell was that all about?” Jennie asked, moving to stand beside Lisa. The blonde looked up at her companion, a dumbfounded expression on her face.

“Honestly, I’m not sure…”

***

“I can’t believe you talked to Lisa like that. She sounded so confused,” Rosé laughed as she followed Jisoo into the dorm room. The older girl shrugged, a smile tugging at her lips.

“Yeah, well, I didn’t want to prolong the conversation any longer than necessary,” Jisoo replied as she rummaged in one of the closets. She tossed Rosé a towel. “Go ahead and shower while I find the clothes for you. We have to be quick in case the girls decide to come looking for us here.”

“Awe, but I don’t want to be alone,” Rosé pouted. Then a mischievous smirk took over her features. “Wouldn’t it be quicker if we showered together?”

“You spend way too much time with Jennie,” Jisoo mused, approaching the younger girl. She wrapped her arms around Rosé’s thin waist, pulling the girl against her. Jisoo pressed her lips to the underside of Rosé’s jaw, murmuring against the girl’s skin, “Not everything is about , you know.”

“I never said anything about . Seeing you is not the same thing as having with you,” Rosé replied innocently. She leaned down, capturing Jisoo’s lips and kissing her slowly. Then she took the older girl’s bottom lip between her teeth, tugging lightly and drawing out a moan. Jisoo parted her lips, welcoming Rosé’s probing tongue. They kissed for a while, enjoying the sweet taste of each other’s lips. After a long moment of their lips moving together, Jisoo pulled away and looked up at Rosé.

“Alright, fine. I’ll go in with you. But you have to keep your hands to yourself,” Jisoo said seriously.

“And if I don’t?”

“Then I’ll take you home in an hour.”

“Okay, what if I do then?”

“I’ll take you wherever you want to go and we’ll stay out as long as you want.”

“Deal.”

***

It wasn’t until nearly nine o’clock that night that Jennie finally heard the front door open. Lisa had spent most of the day there but had left after receiving a text from Jisoo claiming that she was on her way back home. However, that had been over an hour ago and Jennie was on the verge of falling asleep when the door jolted her awake. She jumped to her feet, rushing to greet Rosé, but found herself face to face with Jisoo instead. The older girl put a finger to her lips in a gesture for Jennie to stay quiet, motioning to the sleeping Rosé that Jisoo was carrying on her back.

“What happened? Is she okay?” Jennie demanded in a whisper.

“She’s fine, just tired,” Jisoo replied.

“Let me take her to her room then.” Jennie held out her arms, reaching for Rosé. The younger girl, however, groaned and tightened her hold on Jisoo, burying her face in the crook of Jisoo’s neck. The dark-haired girl stepped back, hurt changing her expression.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take her.” Jisoo offered an apologetic smile before trudging away, carrying Rosé to her room. Once she shut the door and locked it, she gently set the younger girl on her bed.

“Thank you for carrying me in,” Rosé said, suddenly much more awake. She grinned widely but Jisoo only crossed her arms in reply.

“Did you ask me to do that just to annoy Jennie?”

“What? No, of course not.” Rosé sat up immediately, gently tugging Jisoo down next to her. “Why would you think that?”

“Rosie, I told you I don’t want to be your rebound. If I’m just a way for you to get Jennie’s attention then I don’t want any part of it.”

“Hey, look at me,” Rosé whispered. Her hand cupped Jisoo’s face, coaxing the girl to look at her. “I didn’t think about Jennie for one moment today. I only thought of you. I asked you to carry me because I wanted an excuse to be held by you again, and a reason to bring you to my room. I wanted to ask you to spend the night with me.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. I told you this morning--”

“Not everything is about , I know. That’s not what I want. I just want to fall asleep and wake up in your arms again, since I can’t remember the first time so well.” Rosé was blushing now and she dropped her gaze. But Jisoo put a finger under the younger girl’s chin, gently lifting her face and connecting their lips in a slow, soft kiss. When they pulled away, both girls were smiling slightly, their cheeks tinged pink.

“I’d love to stay with you,” Jisoo whispered, pecking Rosé on the lips again. “But I don’t think Jennie or Lisa will be happy about it.”

“Who cares? They weren’t happy about our disappearance either, but we did it anyway. Are you really gonna focus on pleasing them instead of me?” Rosé pouted. Instead of answering, Jisoo closed the space between them so that she could press her lips to Rosé’s again. The kiss was sweet and intense and passionate, and it took all of Jisoo’s willpower to break away. She kicked her shoes off and climbed onto the center of the mattress, motioning for Rosé to join her. The younger girl did so, curling up against the red-haired girl’s side. They snuggled close to each other, refusing to leave any space between their bodies. The only sound in the room for a while was the sound of their combined breaths and the faint thumps of their racing hearts. Just as Jisoo was starting to drift off, Rosé’s soft, sleepy voice cut through the silence. “Thank you, Chichoo.”

“For what, Rosie?”

“For making me happy.”

***

“Hey, Lisa?” Jennie said into her phone, glancing uneasily at Rosé’s bedroom door.

Jennie? Is everything alright? Have you heard from the girls yet?” came Lisa’s voice, laced with worry.

“Yeah, they’re both here.”

Both of them?

“Mhmm. Jisoo carried Rosé to her room. They’ve been in there for a while.”

What are they doing? Isn’t Jisoo going to come home?

“No, Lisa. I don’t think she’ll be going back tonight.”


I know this took way too long and I apologize, but I've been busy doing stuff with my family and I now have limited access to the computer so I can't write as often as I'd like.

That being said, I hope this chapter is enjoyable and I apologize for the teasing potential moments between Jenlisa and Chaesoo (sorry not sorry). Maybe I'll write some in the future if you guys are interested. Vote below~ ;)

Until next time!

-unsungpoet <3