Day Eleven

All you need is 20 seconds

More Woogyu moments :) Just not in that way :X & Secondd invasion!! :'( I wanna be there too :(

 

===========

Sunggyu motioned me to take a seat.

"Oh..Kay," SungGyu sat beside me and looked at me," What's happening?"

Smiling, I answered."What do you mean what's happening? Nothings happening, I'm Oka-"

"You're okay. You're Okay? You serious?! Just look at you Woohyun!~ Can you look into my eyes and say that everything's alright?!"

*Damn, nothing escapes Kim Sunggyu... He knows me too well... Ottoke?!*

Placing a hand on my lap, he sighed.

"You know you can trust me. So please, tell me what happened."

WIth no other option, I bared my heart out to Infinite's trustworthy leader, the one and only Kim Sunggyu.

 

~THIRTY MINUTES LATER~

 

"But I really don't know why I am so concerned and stuff. It's- it's just-- Argh! I'm so confused!!" I shouted in frustration.

"Namu ah... Answer me truthfully, do you like her?" Sunggyu asked with a straight face making me pause mid sentence, stunned by his question.

"A-ah, Hyung seriou--"

"Do YOU have FEELINGS for HER?" Sunggyu rephrased, this time emphasizing more on certain words.

Sighing, I nodded my head in realization.

How could I be so stupid to not realise my feelings for her?

"But it's too late already right Hyung? I don't even have the gut to confess even if i still have the chance to..."

I looked away in shame.

Ashamed of my lack of courage.

 

I heard a "huh" sound and looked at Sunggyu Hyung, only to see him half-smirking-half-laughing.

I stared at him with a shocked and confused look on my face.

"My dear dongsaeng. Let me share with you a story. Once upon a time...."

"Hyung, That's not funny okay?" I eyed him (a/n I can't remember what's =.= called for i can only rememebr the singlish version of it xD)

"Ya ya ya, Can't you entertain your hyung for even a moment? Aish... Fine. This story is based on a true life story..."

He looked at me and smiled. "My father was..."

 

-FLASHBACK-

"Yah. You should really think of something to do. We are now tied! Whats wrong with your key player?" the governer told Mr Kim, Sunggyu's father and the coach of the Doosan Bears.

He just kept quiet and looked at the field. 

He took notice of everyone in the field. 

*The hitter.. He is exhausted. What is wrong with him? Why is he panting so hard?*

"I can't continue this.." he whispered to himself.

He called for a change of players. 

"Lee Sunghwa. You're up." Sunggyu's father told the player who was sitting on the bench from the start.

He began to get curses everywhere.

'He will make us lose!'

'NO! Don't do that!? Are you an idiot Kim Sunghee!?'

'YAH! Are you stupid!?'

Sunggyu's father just ignored all those comments and look at his benchwarmer player straight in his eyes.

"Please.. Ignore all these bad comments. Just remember. When you're up there, it just take 20seconds to focus and hit the ball. Remember.. 20 seconds to create a miracle for our team." he told his player.

The player just nodded nervously and ran off to the field.

When he got into position, he looked at Mr Kim.

At that moment, Mr Kim mouthed to him. "Remember.. 20 seconds to make it happen."

When the pitcher threw the ball, everything just happened in a blur.

The player hit the ball and it hit a homerun.

Everyone started to cheer for the team. 

Mr Kim smiled to himself.

*I was right to trust in that man..*

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

"So what I'm trying to say is, all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage.

Just literally twenty seconds of embarrassing bravery.

And I promise you, something great will come of it. This I promise you Woohyun. My father's no great person for nothing."

 

Hyung's story enlightened me and soon I was feeling much better.

I nodded my head in reply, " Kamsahamnida hyung, I understand now."

=============

Much love to hazwannsky for helping me with the flashback <3