Tteokbokki Love 1

Tteokbokki Love

 

 

 

 

“~~~~~~~~~! Bring out one Tteokbokki plate here!” Seyong hollered from the dine. “One tteokbokki is up!” You hollered back and pushed the plate at the counter.

Seyong winked at you, grabbed the plate and gave it to the high school girls. They giggled when Seyong gave them his authentic smile.

*I bet these girls are just coming here to see Seyong.* you thought and went back to cooking.

After work, you closed up the shop and went home with Seyong.

“Halmoni! Where are you?” You yelled as you take off your shoes. Seyong followed and threw his body at the mini couch at the living room.

“~~~~~~~~-ah! I’m at the kitchen.” Your grandmom answered. You sniffed the air and a familiar aroma crept up inside your nose.

*Dwenjang chigae!* You beamed and ran to the kitchen. You saw your grandmother cooking. You smiled.

Ever since your parents died at an accident when you were 6, she was taking care of you a lot.

Seyong’s eyes opened when he heard you yelling: “HALMONI! IT’S SO GREAAAAAAAAAT!”

He straightened up. “Food.” Seyong ran to the kitchen and snatched the spoon away from you to taste the soup, too.

He looked at you and then to your grandmom. He held up a thums up. “The best.”

The three of you chuckled. “Araso, araso. You prepare the table now and we’ll eat.”

You and Seyong nodded. “Yes, halmoni!”

 

“WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?” Mr. Choi slapped his hands at the conference table and stood up.

Manager Park – World Hotel’s Manager and Myungsoo’s friend – looked at Myungsoo who scoffed.

Myungsoo looked at Representative Choi, “What am I saying? We lost exactly 430,000,000₩ .”he said, “Don’t you know that?”

“What do we have to do about that? You’re blaming us for that!?”

Myungsoo ran his finger on his temple. “Well, we can’t blame anyone but all of you who nearly took 400,000,000₩  on World Hotel’s funds just for yourselves.” He said as he pointed at the 7 more Representatives.

Mr. Choi’s eyebrows furrowed. “What are you going to do?”

Myungsoo closed the binder and stood up. Manager Park followed. “I’m  going to make you write your resignation letters and then leave the company.” He sternly said, “That’s all and I’m expecting 7 letters on my desk tomorrow. You may go now.”

Myungsoo walked away as Park Hoon- Myungsoo’s cute secretary- and Manager Park followed.

Myungsoo heavily sighed as he sat. Park Hoon pushed his frames and cleared his throat. “Sajangnim, what are we going to do now? There’s no Representative left already.”

Myungsoo whirled his chair around and faced Park Hoon. He totally ignored the sentence and closed his eyes. “Bring out all the projects now.”

Park Hoon made a face and bowed. “Yes, sajangnim.” 

After a few minutes, Park Hoon entered the office again, hugging the folders on his chest.

Myungsoo started to open all the files. After he's done, he pushed them aside. "Make sure to fetch Chairman Jeong on time tomorrow, okay?"

Park Hoon nodded, "De, sajangmin."

Myungsoo looked up. "Do you still need anything?" he asked.

"Sajangnim?" Myungsoo opened the folders again, re-reading it. "Hm?" he answered, not even looking up.

Park Hoon once again pushed up his frames. "Did you read the project that Manager Park made?"

Myungsoo shook his head. "No, I didn't." Park Hoon tilted his head sidewards. "I'm sure it's there." he mumbled but then shrugged. "Nevermind, sajangnim. I'm just going to ask Manager Park about it."

World Hotel's president nodded. "Araso. You can go home now." Park Hoon sheepishly laughed, "Aren't you getting off from work, sajangnim?"

Myungsoo stared at him. "Park Hoon?" "De?" Myungsoo motioned him to go out already. "Go."

Park Hoon bowed. "Do you want me to drive you home?" Myungsoo shook his head. "No need."

"Coffee?"

"No, thanks."

"Wanna eat dinner together, sajangnim?"

"No. I don't wa- ARE YOU PLAYING WITH ME?" Park Hoon bowed and ran off. Myungsoo sighed. *Park Hoon. Seriously.*