absence, dating and texts

heart eyes | dopil ★♡

the next morning, wonpil groaned tiredly as the sound of his alarm clock blasted throughout the room. he sleepily reached out to turn it off before falling back into bed, yawning in exhaustion.

he'd spent most of his night tossing and turning around, trying to think up of a good way to tell dowoon about what happened to his shirt. a way that would not involve dowoon getting mad at him or possibly throwing the jacket in his face or worse, punching the living daylights out of him (a bit of an exaggeration but still).

before his anxiety ate up another part of him, wonpil got out of bed and took a quick shower. once all dressed up, he went over to the living room, where dowoon's not-so-perfectly-blue-anymore jacket rested lifelessly on the couch. after wordlessly staring at it for almost a minute, he groaned and grabbed it off the seat, stuffing it in his backpack before eventually heading to school. (and praying on the way that his attempt to avoid dowoon today would prove to be successful.)

---

fast forwarded, the day was so far so good. he got to school and there was no sight of dowoon anywhere. his classes weren't too bad. he met up with junhyeok at lunch and as usual, his and sungjin's public display of not-affection was all over his face. (and he's so done that it didn't even make him want to throw up anymore.)

"so where's the jacket?" sungjin asked. wonpil almost sweat in nervousness.

"uh yeah about that- it's uh- in my backpack. yup. it's in my backpack."

sungjin eyed him suspiciously but decided not to press any further.

"wonpil, i have something to tell you." junhyeok suddenly blurted out as the younger was gobbling up the rest of his cheeseburger.

wonpil looked up for a brief moment and gave a causal nod as an indication that he was listening.

"sungjin and i are dating." junhyeok said. wonpil nodded again before going back to munching on his food. the older boy gasped.

"that's it? a nod? that's your reaction?"

wonpil narrowed his eyes and him before proceeding to clamp a hand on his mouth and exclaimed in his most surprised voice.

"oh my god, really? you and sungjin hyung dating? i would have never seen that coming! congratulations! would you like me to book your wedding venue?"

with that, sungjin broke into a fit of laughter. junhyeok shot him a glare and stepped on his foot underneath the table.

the rest of their lunchtime went by quickly, filled with the two of them constantly bickering and sungjin's boisterous laughter in the background.

---

then came his music class, a class which dowoon also took. wonpil silently prayed that dowoon would be absent so he wouldn't have to face him and the guilt of ruining his jacket.

and as if all the angels in heaven heard him, dowoon didn't show up to class that day. wonpil was finally able to breathe out a sigh of relief.

time passed by rather quickly when one was without worry. before he knew it, class was over and wonpil got up, did some much needed stretching before packing his things and stepping out.

---

two hours later was wonpil sitting on his couch, causally flipping through the channels when his phone suddenly beeped. he bent forward and grabbed the device off the coffee table.

from: +xxxxxxxxxx

hey wonpil, it's dowoon! sungjin told me about the jacket! and he also gave me your number, hope you don't mind!

wonpil froze. oh no. just as he was about to go in panic mode, his phone beeped again, signaling that another text just came in.

from: +xxxxxxxxxx

i heard you brought it with you to school today? sorry, i'm out of town atm..... until friday actually. maybe we could meet up later?? how does sunday sound?

wonpil almost stopped breathing for a moment. still in a daze, he shakily whipped up a reply.

to: +xxxxxxxxxx

sunday is great:)

a few minutes passed before another reply came from dowoon.

from: +xxxxxxxxxx

i'll see you at the boba shop around the corner then?my treat, of course.

wonpil shook his head at the offer even though they were texting.

to: +xxxxxxxxxx

you don't have to!!

leaving the messaging app for a moment, he went and quickly added a name onto dowoon's number.

from: dowoon

oh but i insist and will not be taking no for an answer. goodnight wonpil:)

the little smiley face emoji at the end made wonpil's heart race a little bit faster than usual. needless to say, he did indeed have a very good night, briefly forgetting about the ruined jacket stuffed inside of his backpack.

--
i am a mess and i never update i'm sorry