helpless

heart eyes | dopil ★♡

"you're having hearts in your eyes again."

wonpil sighed, tearing his gaze away from the brunette at the table across the cafeteria.

"it can't be helped. yoon dowoon is the epitome of perfection and everything in between."

junhyeok shook his head at his friend's lovestruck expression. wonpil's head slumped against the table.

"why don't you just go and talk to him or something? i mean it's not like you guys don't know each other." junhyeok questioned, looking confused yet amused at the same time.

"you've got to make a move, wonpil. you have 
been crushing on him for like what? a year and a half?"

and there came wonpil's muffled reply."it's a year, six months and nine days, hyung. i know because i've been counting."

he sighed.

"i'm a coward and also too much of a chicken to make a move. plus, i don't stand a chance anyway. he's way out of my league."

junhyeok's brows furrowed together in disagreement. pressing his lips in a thin line, he reached out and placed his palms on both sides of the younger's head, force-lifting his head up. 

staring straight into his friend's eyes, he said seriously.

"don't you say that about yourself. why are you so sure that there's no chance when you aren't even willing to try? who knows, he might has his eyes on you, too. just like how you're always ogling him." finishing his speech with a teasing grin, he watched as wonpil's ears turned bright red.

"that last sentence was unnecessary, hyung! i don't ogle! i'm just simply staring!"

"oh really? i've caught you drooling several times while "simply" staring at him, though." he said, visibly making the quotation marks with his hands to highlight his point.

"s-shut up. that's n-not true." he stuttered out.

junhyeok bursted into laughter at that.

still laughing, he lightly ruffled his friend's hair. "it's okay, kiddo. i'll make sure to bring extra tissues next time in case you drool while looking at him again."

wonpil groaned and hit his head on the table. junhyeok continued laughing.