3. First Impressions

Incomplete Thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

3. First Impressions

 

      

 

 

Pairing: Seulhun [Seulgi and Sehun]

Concept: Photographer/Model!Au

Inspiration: The perfect Red Velvet Teasers (you know that picture where Seulgi is holding a flower, yes that one, ugh amazing)

[1st part]

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi was already 28 minutes late and she didn't know how she was supposed to explain it in the best way possible to not get this contract snatched away from her. She had an apartment to pay after all.

 

She ran inside the apartment building as her scarf bobbed on a steady rhythm and let herself catch her breath before clicking on the upper sign of the lift. She looked at the numbers above and nervously bit her lips when she noticed the numbers were going down slowly from the 16th floor.

 

This building was ridiculously tall enough but 16 floors, seriously? She was already so late.

 

Seulgi glanced at the stairs exit to her right and almost considered using them but stopped as soon as she remembered he lived on the 21th floor.

 

"No way. I wouldn't do it even if they paid me," she thought out loud.

 

It's not like she had ever been much of an athlete anyway.

 

While she was trying to remember when was the last time she actually worked out, the elevator's doors opened and she could finally board in. She tried to calm her nerves by listening to the slightly creepy background music that was playing in the elevator but couldn't really do it as she received another text message from Irene.

 

You have probably already started by now but I just wanted to wish you good luck! You can do this Seulgi!

9:29 AM

 

How would Irene react if she knew she hadn't even stepped into his apartment yet?

 

Seulgi scrolled up to read the previous messages she had received from the latter last night.

 

 

Remember, his name is Oh Sehun and he likes it when people are professional. He's also a bit of a perfectionist I must say.

11:46 PM

 

But don't be scared: although he looks cold, he is actually a really warm person who takes care of the people he loves. As long as you're professional, you're on his good side.

11:46 PM

 

Last but not the least: do as he says. And most of all don't be late, Seulgi please. You're the first and only person I ever recommended: don't forget you are holding up both of our reputations now.

11:57 PM

 

 

Seulgi let out a painful sigh. It was already done: she woke up late after finishing a paper due for midnight, she couldn't decide on what to wear because first impressions always mattered in this industry and her bus just had to skip her stop today of all days because it was too full to board in anyone else.

 

Forget the clothes, she dressed up for nothing. There went her first impression. She could also forget the refreshing smile she prepared all week in the hope of making the photographer in charge more comfortable around her. Yes more comfortable because a model and a photographer who couldn't communicate well wouldn't deliver as well as a pair who could. It was all about balance and teamwork.

 

She could forget about that too because she was late. Irene always told her that models who were late were models who didn't need their job. And also that they wouldn't last a week.

 

Seulgi continued to run trough the floor, restlessly looking for his apartment.

 

"2162, no that's not it," she mumbled before moving even faster. "2167, 2169, please where are you Oh Sehun."

 

She almost let out a cry of joy when she finally found his door.

 

She knocked once before realizing there was a doorbell on the side. Before she could ring it this time, a voice spoke up.

 

 

"Who is it?"

 

 

Seulgi looked around to situate where it was coming from from, a small blue light as the voice talked again.

 

 

"I said who is it?" the voice that she now knew belonged to Oh Sehun said.

 

"Seulgi, it's me, Kang Seulgi."

 

 

She heard a loud sigh before a buzzing sound went off and the door slightly opened.

 

 

"Good morning, I am terribly sorry I know I am late—"

 

"Get in," he said before walking away to his living room and leaving her bashful by the entrance. "And close the door behind you."

 

"I am sorry for being late," she continued nevertheless as she followed him inside. "It wasn't supposed to be like this, really. I am so sorry—"

 

"Irene is your mentor isn't she?" he asked before cutting her off again. "I don't think she has ever been late?" he thought out loud without sparing her a glance even once.

 

"Yes she is." Seulgi gave up on her apologies.

 

"She is the one who helped you get this contract?"

 

And many others, Seulgi thought. What would she be without Irene in all honesty.

 

"Yes."

 

 

Sehun finally eyed her and she couldn't help but tense up when she noticed his eyes inspecting her from head to toes.

 

 

"Do you have any experience?"

 

"I worked as an online clothing store model for a year," she answered curtly.

 

"So basically none," he commented. "Did they let you off when you were late?"

 

"That never happened before," Seulgi nervously said.

 

 

He cocked his eyebrow, looking dubiously at her.

 

 

"We should get started, you already put us way behind schedule."

 

 

He motioned her to leave her coat and bag on one of the dinner room's chair and to follow him to another spacious room.

 

Seulgi only noticed then how big his place was. She wanted to ask if it was his studio or if he really lived there but stopped because he already looked so irritated. She came to the conclusion that no matter how rich he was, renting a studio this big every month was unthinkable. This was definitely where he lived.

 

He went to his camera and started setting some things up before finally breaking the awkward silence that was making Seulgi go crazy.

 

"Where were you on the day of the initial shooting?" he asked as he cleaned the lens of his camera with a black cloth.

 

She had almost forgotten why she was even here in the first place.

 

The story was that Seulgi only obtained this contract because a well-known brand clothing needed someone to replace a model who bailed out last minute for personal reasons and Irene insisted to make her stand in.

 

This company's fashion magazine was something people always anticipated and it was a big deal for everyone but Seulgi who never really understood the hype about fashion but who agreed anyway because the pay was good. It was a really short contract that contained only two (well-paid) photoshoots with many other models.

 

Things got more complicated when she couldn't come to the first shooting but her boss who had been extremely kind told her she could get her pictures taken by the same photographer on another day. She was ecstatic to the thought of not losing this job but felt bad when she heard that the photographer refused to reschedule another shoot for her.

 

"He asked that you go to his place instead," her boss had explained to her. "He refuses to take out all his equipment a second time just for one person. A person who didn't even bother showing up, as he said."

 

She recalled agreeing to it right away because she thought that was the least she could do. But now she felt a lot less bad with that cold attitude of his.

 

"Huh? Hm… I had something… to do," she awkwardly said.

 

It's not like Seulgi couldn't tell him that she had a really important exam on that day that couldn't be reported unless for serious medical reasons (and a magazine photoshoot obviously didn't fall in those clauses), but that guy didn't look in the least interested by what she would say and only waited for the moment he would be able to nag at her for missing an important shoot.

 

 

"That's it?" he asked not in the least impressed. "You do realize that you'll only get solo shots right? And unless you're Jun Jihyun or Lee Sung Kyung, that's gonna be awkward."

 

 

Seulgi shrugged. She didn't actually have to tell him anything. He was just the photographer, she didn't owe him any explanation. Her employer knew why she was absent and agreed because he said that he wouldn't force her to choose her job over her studies before signing with her.

 

 

"I guess," she simply answered. "But I'll still do my best."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter