6. Little Things

Incomplete Thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

6. Little Things

  

 

Pairing: Baekseul [Seulgi and Baekhyun]

Concept: Idol!Au

Inspiration: Little Things | One Direction

[Completed]

 

 

"You're going home tonight?" Jongdae asked as he put on his cap.

 

 

Baekhyun looked up from his phone to see Jongdae taking his stuff to leave. He almost forgot they had some time off before continuing the promotions for CBX's new album and was mentally preparing himself to stay awake for another schedule. But it wasn't necessary this time.

 

 

If he had the choice then of course he would. It wasn't a real question.

 

 

"Yes, I think I'll go home," Baekhyun smiled.

 

 

 

He checked the time and sighed at how late it was. After a few days of sleeping late and waking up early or not sleeping at all except in the car, he completely lost track of the time. What day it was or the exact date, he couldn't tell. All he knew was that he was dead tired and needed to rest as soon as possible.

 

 

Baekhyun quickly gathered his stuff, more in a hurry to go home than he would admit and thanked the staff before heading out of the recording studio. He took small and quick steps to his reach his car and didn't wait a second to drive off as soon as he buckled down his seatbelt.

 

 

Baekhyun the radio to accompany his lonely ride back home and smiled a bit when his own album started playing. It was a small accomplishment but it always filled him with pride when the music he made with s was appreciated like this. He made a mental note to tell her that later with another lame joke he would find to make her laugh.

 

 

"They played my song on the radio, I think I'm getting famous," Baekhyun practiced.

 

 

He shook his head, this one won't do. He could already imagine her scrunch her nose at him and hit his arm for trying to be funny. Baekhyun needed a better reaction to lift his tiredness.

 

 

"Right now, CBX is the most successful rookie. I hope you're not too disappointed with getting the B out of the three."

 

 

 

She would definitely call him out for his poor humour and the lazy rhyme with this one.

 

 

 

"Whatever," Baekhyun chuckled at how silly he sounded. "She'll smile at anything anyways."

 

 

He already knew she would relieve his stress and lack of sleep one way or another just by being there. He didn't have to be funny. Baekhyun knew he didn't have to try around her, he could be himself and it was fine.

 

 

He parked into the dark parking lot of the apartment building and entered before making his way to the elevator right away without wasting time.

 

 

Baekhyun checked his phone as he waited for the elevator only to see he had one missed call from Minseok and three text messages left unopened.

 

 

"Missing me already?" he sarcastically laughed when he saw that two out of the three messages were from the members of his sub unit while the last one was a notification from EXO's group chat. "We spend countless hours together everyday and the moment I take a break to go home they harass me."

 

 

He jokingly shook his head as he entered the elevator. The elevator seemed to go so slowly and everything looked twice as heavy in his hands, even his thin phone and his car's keys that couldn't weight more than a few grams. Baekhyun sighed after rubbing his eyes to stay awake. His body was sore and it took him every bit of willpower he had left to not just sit down in the elevator and rest there.

 

 

"We're almost there," he cheered himself as he saw that he was one floor away from his apartment.

 

 

Baekhyun quickly stepped out of the elevator and walked towards his place as he made a second mental note to stop talking to himself out loud.

 

 

He reached his apartment's door in no time and unlocked it in a swift motion. He let his heavy duffel bag fall to the floor and took off his sneakers.

 

 

Baekhyun silently closed the door behind him with a muffled sound before stepping further into the apartment. The lights were off and everything was completely silent except from the sound of his heavy footsteps.

 

 

He didn't need to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter