19. Do You Love Me

Incomplete Thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19. Do You Love Me

 

   

 

Pairing: Seulkai [Seulgi and Kai]

Inspiration: Ya Ya Ya | EXO (please give it a listen it's so good!)

Concept: Ordinary college students

 

"This is never going to work, it's stupid," Seulgi mumbled under her breath. Her eyebrows shot up when Jongin glared at her, surprised that he heard her but she still decided to brush it off. It was true, she thought it was stupid after all why not just own it.

 

"Would you mind your own business for once?" Jongin said with an eye roll before turning his back on her.

 

"It's soon going to be my business because you'll be complaining about this to me, might as well just prevent it."

 

"Don't be ridiculous."

 

 

Seulgi mimicked Jongin's eye roll and sighed as she watched the focused man in front of her writing on what seemed like a hundred post-it notes. Seulgi didn't know what he was doing, why he was  doing it nor why he wanted to do it at her place but she was still there to watch over him as she always did. Jongin had always been an helpless romantic who fell for one girl to another like it was mandatory to always be in love and she was used to all the letters and poems he wrote, the drawings he drew and the terribles gifts he always prepared. At least he was creative about it.

 

And he rarely missed his shot.

 

 

"So which one of my friends is it this time?" Seulgi distractedly asked as she watched Jongin pick another shade of yellow from the different post-its packs he bought and draw a small bear on it before smiling to himself. He was always so predictable. She hadn't been following exactly since she had to finish an assignment due for midnight but she noticed how Jongin was definitely trying to make a huge drawing with all those post-its.

 

"What do you mean? I don't go out with your friends," he answered half-heartedly.

 

"Yeah, they're rarely my friends after you're done with them anyway," Seulgi spat.

 

"Don't be rude now, we can't stop people from having feelings."

 

"Can't you have feelings for someone's else friends?"

 

"I can have feelings for you," Jongin said as he put the post-it on the wall. "If you want," he added after checking the angle, it was indeed aligned with the other post-its.

 

Jongin looked at her amused but his grin dropped as soon as he saw the look on Seulgi's face, she was serious. They always had this conversation and it never brought them anywhere: she would tell him to look elsewhere, he would disagree and she would let it go because there wasn't much she could say anyway. He would end up joking about loving her instead and she would pretend she couldn't hear and that's how he always won. Jongin was empathic, gentle and everything nice but he was also very determined and Seulgi couldn't win. He was also a jokester, there was nothing to understand out of his words.

 

"But I guess you don't," Jongin said before returning to his tasks. "I love you by the way," he continued. Seulgi remained unfazed, completely absorbed by her task. She would never answer him and he was used to it. "Did you block my number again? I couldn't reach you during lunch."

 

Seulgi shrugged as she continued to type on her computer.

 

 

"Please stop doing that whenever you're pissed, I can't keep up."

 

"It's just a soft block but I wasn't mad, my battery died," Seulgi said, acknowledging her bad habit of leaving Jongin on read or blocking his number for a few hours whenever he did something bad (like flirting with her friends, dumping her friends, talking about how he liked her friends to her, etc.). "Would you tell me instead why you're posting your stuff on my wall? How are you going to leave with all of those," Seulgi asked a bit irritated. 

 

"I'm not going to leave with them, I am going to leave them here."

 

"W-why? You're going to invite your crush over to my apartment?" Seulgi stuttered

 

Her eyes grew wide when Jongin remained silent and simply looked back at her. His face stayed expressionless until he decided to keep on finishing his task. It was getting late, he had to hurry.

 

"Listen Jongin, I support your love life and you know I only want your happ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter