10. The Weekend

Incomplete Thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

10. The Weekend

    

 

Pairing: Seulhun [Seulgi and Sehun]

Concept: Cheating!Au

Inspiration: The Weekend | SZA

[Completed]

 

 

 

It wasn't written anywhere and most people answered differently whenever she asked so Seulgi wasn't exactly sure when the weekend was supposed to start. It was just like how some people said that the week started on Monday and others believed it was Sunday, it was a matter of opinions. For Seulgi, the weekend started on Friday night and ended on Monday morning, not before that and definitely not after that.

 

That's why she was surprised to see another pair of shoes in front of her apartment's door when she came back home Friday at noon. She recognized those shoes and she knew very well who they belonged to but she couldn't believe it even if the evidence was right in front of her.

 

 

She closed the door behind her and put down her grocery bags on the floor as soon as he called her.

 

 

"Why are you here so early?" she asked as Sehun walked to her with a goofy grin. "I thought you were coming tonight."

 

 

Instead of answering, Sehun planted a kiss on her forehead and helped her carry the heavy bags to the kitchen.

 

 

"I thought you wouldn't mind," he said as he watched her filling up the fridge. Sehun leaned on the counter and gave her a soft smile.

 

"Of course I don't, don't be ridiculous," Seulgi chuckled as she picked two cans of iced tea. "But is there a reason for this sudden visit? I thought Oh Sehun was a man of habits," she teased while passing by him to get to the fridge.

 

"The week was long," he sighed before walking to her. He then took the beverages she was holding and put them in the fridge for her. "I missed you."

 

Sehun leaned in for a kiss and then another one. Seulgi smiled against his lips before returning the kiss as Sehun embraced her by the waist.

 

 

"That's why you came so early?" Seulgi giggled.

 

"It's never too early."

 

"I'll have to agree on that."

 

 

Sehun had to be the best boyfriend ever, there was nothing she could reproach to him. He always had that adoring gaze when he looked at her and it made Seulgi weak in the knees. She couldn't exactly remember when her feelings for him became so strong but she knew they had always been there. Seulgi had always loved Sehun from the moment she met him and she believed it was the same for him.

 

The greatest thing in all this is that she felt loved back, she was sure Sehun loved her. That was certain. And yet…

 

 

"What's wrong?" Sehun frowned after noticing Seulgi zoning out for a few seconds.

 

"Nothing, absolutely nothing is wrong," she reassured him with a smile. "It's just that I've been thinking a lot lately and I somehow can't stop. I guess I'm tired."

 

"Are you sick?" he asked with concern.

 

"No, don't worry," she chuckled after seeing her boyfriend's worried expression. "I'm just overthinking on my own."

 

 

Sehun nodded but she was sure that he was still very much worried. It never took a lot for him to feel concerned. Sehun could get worried at the slightest problem she had. Seulgi figured it was because he couldn't see her during the week that he was so protective whenever they met.

 

 

"Are you hungry? I was going to cook lunch," Seulgi distractedly asked as she looked for her apron. "Sehun have you seen my apron? I took it out just earlier—"

 

"You mean this?" Sehun asked. Seulgi burst out laughing after turning to see her 6 foot tall boyfriend wrapped in her pink and fluffy bear apron.

 

"It obviously doesn't suit you," she chuckled.

 

"I think it looks great on me," he retorted. "Mind you, it's a perfect fit."

 

"Stop fooling around, I need it to cook," Seulgi lightly hit his arm.

 

"I'll do it, you don't even feel great," Sehun said as he dragged her to the couch. "You sit here and you rest, okay?"

 

"Are you sure? I don't mind," Seulgi said.

 

"How about I cook today and you're in charge tomorrow?"

 

"Deal!"

 

 

Seulgi chuckled as she watched Sehun walk back to the kitchen. Her smile faded as soon as he disappeard from her sight.

 

 

"How do I do it this time?"

 

 

1 year, 2 months and 17 days. That made 62 weeks. Seulgi and Sehun had been dating for 62 weekends. She could perfectly remember how they met, each detail, every movement, every smile. Nothing could escape her memory.

 

"Just go talk to him, what do you have to lose?" Sooyoung insisted.

 

"I can't just go like that!" Seulgi retorted. "What am I even gonna say? Hello we don't really know each other and I know I sound creepy but you're totally my type," Seulgi said sarcastically.

 

"Yes!" Sooyoung exclaimed. "He'll probably laugh or think you're cute, trust me. He has been looking your way since you came, I doubt he will ask you to get lost."

 

 

Seulgi bit her lips and anxiously turned around again to look at the handsome guy who had caught her attention as soon as she entered the restaurant. He was sitting at the bar with a friend but his friend left to go to the bathroom and he was finally alone. Once again, he was looking back at her. Seulgi blushed and turned towards Sooyoung.

 

 

"Should I do it? You really think I have a chance?"

 

"You can try or you can die trying," Sooyoung affirmed.

 

 

Seulgi quickly fixed her hair and checked her make up before hesitantly getting up.

 

 

"With confidence!" Sooyoung pestered her. "Do you want to die trying?"

 

 

Seulgi took a deep breath and started walking to the tall guy sitting alone by the bar. She stopped in her tracks a few times since it was the first time she was doing this and it looked risky but he was just so ethereal. She had to try. It didn't take much for Seulgi to get swiped off her feet, as soon as Sehun turned to her, she knew she would give this man all her heart, time and energy.

 

 

"Yes?" he asked her with a soft smile, he seemed amused by this. Maybe he didn't think she would really come even if he spent the whole night looking at her.

 

"Hi, my name is Seulgi and you're totally my type," she confessed. Seulgi figured if she said it in one go, she wouldn't be able to chicken out at the first opportunity. She blushed even harder when he chuckled.

 

"I'm Sehun."

 

 

 

That's how it started and now she was about to end it.

 

 

Seulgi walked to the kitchen where she saw Sehun busy chopping vegetables. He smiled as soon as he saw her resting her head on the door frame. She took slow and heavy steps towards him and started breathing peacefully only after lacing her arms around him. Seulgi's embrace became tighter as she inhaled his familiar and warm cologne.

 

"I love you," she breathed.

 

"I love you too," Sehun said before bringing her hand to his lips. "That is the only thing I am sure of."

 

"You're mine," she declared.

 

"I am yours."

 

"You're mine Sehun," Seulgi painfully repeated.

 

 

But not entirely mine.

 

 

Sehun was hers but not completely hers, she had to share her love for him.

 

Hyejoo, that's how she was called if Seulgi remembered correctly. She had seen her once by mistake after entering the wrong café. She was supposed to meet Sehun but instead she stumbled on his girlfriend. It took Seulgi 4 months, more exactly 16 weekends to discover that Sehun had been dating someone else since the beginning. By then, she was head over heels for him and it hurt a lot but she knew what she had to do. She was mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter