Is It Too Late? (DaYeon)

Dahyun One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Dahyun rushed to the airport, running out of Jeongyeon’s & Mina’s car. “Thanks guys!” , she swung her bag over her shoulders , and made the run for the ticket counter. “Are there any more tickets left to France?!” , she asked the stewardess at the counter catching her breath.     “I’m sorry miss.. the plane is full. Unless you want to take the next flight?”   “It’s alright…..thank you..” Dahyun walked away disappointed. She sat down on one of the seats near the entrance of the airport. Hands covering her face while she cries, “It’s too late… damn it Dahyun why the hell did you lose something so precious?” she thought to herself.   She lost it all, it was too late.   *Flashback*     Nayeon wore her round spectacles today, hoodie, jeans and her sneakers. She did not have the mood to dress up nor put on light make up like the usual. With her hood on, she approached her locker before meeting Jeongyeon and Mina at the cafeteria.    Dahyun was approaching the cafeteria, to meet her new found friends Mina and Jeongyeon. Mina, Jeongyeon and Dahyun met through their recent school sports meet, amazed by each others talents.    Books dropped to the ground, attracting attention nearby. Nayeon quickly crouched down to pick her books, when she felt someone’s hands and presence infront of her. She was looking down too at the books, “Here let me help you”. Nayeon was charmed by the person’s kindness. Nayeon was still crouched down, until that voice called her again.    “Do you need help standing?” she offered her hand to Nayeon after placing her books into the locker. Nayeon shook her head to get out of her thoughts, looked up but she could not see that person’s face because it was like a silhouette under the bright light. She held onto the person’s hands and stood up.    “Thank you” Nayeon said, still flustered.   The person who helped Nayeon then went closer to Nayeon’s face. “Ya Nayeon ah, you’re welcome!”   “Hmm? How did you kno-“ she said looking at the person’s face in shock, then realising it was someone she knew.   “Heehee, Hello! I recognised you instantly when you looked up at me.”    “D-Da..? No way! Is it really you Dahyun?! How’d you recognise me?”   Dahyun smiled at how cute Nayeon was, “Yes, I transferred here a few months ago. Hey, we have been friends since elementary school, I have seen the real you how can I not recognise?? silly as ever.”. She pinched Nayeon’s cheeks, Nayeon pouting at Dahyun adorably.   “Why didn’t you tell me you transferred over??”   “I wanted to surprise you, but I couldn’t find you either till today.” Dahyun said with an apologetic look.    Nayeon went to hug Dahyun, “I miss you”   “I miss you too” Dahyun hugged her back. “So where you headed to after this, I am going to the cafeteria wanna come?”   “Oh I’m headed there too! Lets go~”, they held hands just like they did when they were little to the cafeteria. Nayeon smiled at the warmth of Dahyun’s smooth hands.   As they arrived at the cafeteria, Mina and Jeongyeon noticed them both so they waved their hands. They both waved back, which also made them look at each other after. “You know Mina and Jeongyeon?”, Dahyun then slowly nodded trying to absorb how coincidental things are. “I don’t have to introduce you to them then! haha”   They sat down at the table, Jeongyeon and Mina kept asking them questions on how they met and all. “I guess who do have to share our story girl~” Dahyun said laughing at Nayeon.    “The way Nayeon and I met was pretty memorable haha. We had art lessons, where we had to draw the animal we were given by our teacher, along with the animal headbands. Nayeon’s was a bunny and she drew many bunnies on her face instead haha with moustaches. I laughed pretty hard haha”   “Hey!!!! Yours was the same too alright! You were a kitten and you wrote ‘Meow Meow’ on your forehead!!!!” Everyone at the table laughed.    They chatted happily, “So how did you guys met Dahyun?”. Mina and Jeongyeon then smiled at Dahyun.    “Didn’t you see her at the sports meet??” Mina asked Nayeon   “I was there!”   “How could you have not seen the sports woman of the year?” Jeongyeon teased   “It’s you Dahyun???”   Dahyun nodded her head shyly. Nayeon has been close with Dahyun a lot, but she realised she did not notice her.   As the school year passed now with her childhood best friend along with Jeongyeon and Mina, Nayeon felt school was easier going through the day with them. It was down to their final year, and the school sports meet was post-poned till after the college entrance exam to make it more memorable. They would study together at the school’s library, with Dahyun swirling her pen while thinking, Nayeon flipping through the pages reading and highlighting, Jeongyeon with Earpiece in writing notes down and Mina writing her notes on post its. Sitting in between individual private column tables with lighting. They would study for hours till Dahyun gets tired, Nayeon would tell Jeongyeon and Mina she would drive Dahyun home.    “Yes! We are done!!!” Jeongyeon said happily stretching her hands out.   “Can’t believe time flies so fast~” Mina said   Nayeon didn’t want the year to end, which meant she might not be able to admire Dahyun whenever she walks pass her class. Dahyun sitting at the corner of the classroom, looking out the window, with her headphones on. She thought hopefully they will go to the same University. Soon enough it was the day of the School sports meet.   Nayeon was done with her long distance event with Jeongyeon, they both clinched top 10 for their division. They went to take a seat at the spectators view, gulping down the bottle of water in their hand as they watched the screen. “Performing Rhythmic Gymnastics, presenting to you Contestant 2403, Myoui Mina!” said the Emcee.    “I hope her hard work pays off! Remember she made a mistake last year? “ Jeongyeon reminded   “Yeah, she’s been working really hard on that it’ll pay off” Nayeon reassured. “By the way, where is Dahyun?”   “Oh she’s preparing for her event later”   “What event will she be in? She won’t tell me” Nayeon pouts   “Haha, you’ll see”    The song to Mina’s performance started, with her standing at a disciplined position. She then smiles at the camera, and starts. The nerve wrecking moment came, when Mina threw the hula hoop up in the air everyone was anticipating. Will the hula hoop reach her hand?    “Ahhhhh please please please!” Nayeon said as she lean towards Jeongyeon holding on to her Jacket.    The crowd went roaring when Mina caught the Hula Hoop! She ended it nicely, showing her precious gummy smile. As she was approaching to the call room, she met Dahyun on the way. Mina noticed that Dahyun was nervous that she didn’t even noticed her. Mina grabbed Dahyun by the hand and gave her a hug which Dahyun was taken aback by. “Hey all the best out there alright champ? We’ve got your back”    Dahyun moved away for awhile to see who it was, then hugged mina tighter, “Thank You.”.   Nayeon and Jeongyeon caught the interaction, “Awww” Jeongyeon cooed. Nayeon didn’t know why she felt half happy because Mina is comforting her but she felt a little jealous too. She shook her head, getting the thought out of her head.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter