Closer

Partners
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Young men, follow me.” She said and went back. The two guys looked confused at one another and slowly followed the old lady. Sunggyu reluctantly and Woohyun hopefully that she will help them somehow.

They entered a dark room which was surprinsingly big for how little the shop outside is. The room was lighted by purple lights, it really gave the room a mystical air. It didn't have a round table and a glass globe like Sunggyu and Woohyun might have seen in movies. There was a small table with a pillow behind it. The old lady went there and stood on it with her feet under her. For the customers there were also pillows prepared on the other side of the table but Sunggyu thought they didn't look as fluffy as her. The two guys remained at the door scanning the room so the old lady made them a sign to come sit down. They reluctantly moved towards the pillows.

"What bring you here, young men? I heard you are detectives. What can my magic do for you?" Sunggyu would have rolled his eyes if it wouldn't have been rude.

"First we need your declaration that this will be kept secret. We don't want to put the case and the people involved in danger." Sunggyu said like a diligent police detective. He couldn't put Sungjong and his friend in danger. If it really was a psychopath doing spells and magic , he might as well be known by this old lady or be a frequent visitor of this shop.

"It is in our shop policy that I keep secret whatever I tell to people and whatever they tell me during sessions." The old lady said giving them a piercing look.

"We need your help in one of our cases." Sunggyu said and took a minute. He still thought it was a little stupid to do as a detective. They should look for clues not getting their fortune told.

"We need all the information you have on the sects around here with accent on the ones that were known for sacrifices." Woohyun said serious.  As if he was asking for drugs results or prints analysis.

The old lady didn't say anything. She wasn't looking at them either. Sunggyu felt nervous as . What if they blew up the whole case?

"Are you telling me you have a case and you think they are sacrifices? Why?" The woman was now looking at the with a curious look.

"A witness heard him chanting something like a spell." said Woohyun.

"Does he remember it?"

"He doesn't." Woohyun said with a sad face. They came for help but they don't really have what to offer. What did he think?  That she will welcome them saying that she was waiting them and she has everything they need? This kind of magic is just for movies, this was reality.

Sunggyu saw Woohyun was lost now. He didn't know what more to ask, he lost the hope he had when he entered this little shop. Sunggyu put a hand on Woohyun's hand and the later raised his head just to be welcomed by a "it's gonna be alright" smile.

"Have you noticed anything else strange in the last few weeks in the shop?" Sunggyu asked hoping something will come up.

The old lady stayed quiet for a few minutes."There was a weird guy. He came and asked me if I knew any spell on how to bring people back to life." It didn't really match with a guy that was a serial killer but it was something to note.

"Thank you foe your cooperation." Sunggyu finished with a bow giving a "let's go look to Woohyun." Sunggyu then got up and left the room. Woohyun got up too and bowed.

"Thank you for your help. Also, what answer did you give to that weird guy?"

The old lady smiled at Woohyun "I'm sorry but it's confidential." Woohyun just nodded his head in agreement and turned around heading to the door.

"Detective?"

"Yes" Woohyun turned again to face the woman.

"Keep him in your life. You two match well and I can see he cares about you." Woohyun widened his eyes a little bit in surprise but quickly lowered his head in embarrassment. He nodded to her again.

What does she mean?

Sunggyu and him a good match? Yes their relationship was better

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter