Detective Kim

Partners
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu woke up with a groan; he definitely regrets drinking so much last night. But he needed to celebrate. He finally solved that big case that gave him headaches and white nights for months.

He got up and stayed a little longer on the edge of the bed to get rid of the dizziness that came with his hangover. He still needed to go to work.

Sunggyu headed to the bathroom. He really needed to take a shower, he could smell the alcohol on himself and it didn't do any good to his hangover.

He got out of the shower, using a towel to dry his hair and with another one around his waist.

Sunggyu was tall, skinny, not fit, but the curves were right where they should be on his soft milky skin. He had straight chestnut hair and a handsome face with the main feature being his piercing small eyes that could see through the suspects lies.

Maybe he would be popular with girls if not for his busy work that didn't allow him to think of any possible relationship. But Sunggyu didn't mind about that. He loved his job, he loved solving murders and giving people hope when their loved one's die.

Sunggyu wasn't the type to wear formal clothes even if 90% of his colleagues did. He loved baggy t-shirts and leather jackets. His outfit today reflected just that. He put on his watch, shoes and headed out.

The way to the office wasn't that long, but Sunggyu still preferred to take his car every morning. He didn't like the car the police provided him, he was more attached to his Kia.

 

He always stopped at the coffee shop right across the station for his breakfast. Mostly because he wasn't a brilliant cook, but also because he befriended the barista, Myungsoo, an old convinct that Sunggyu helped when he was still on the narcotics department.

"Morning, Hyung. You look brighter today, since the conclusion of the big case yesterday but definitely not more rested."

Sunggyu frowned and massaged his right tample" I am still recovering from that case. I swear the hangover the celebration of its end gave me it's worst than the actual investigation.".

Myungsoo chuckled. He knew how the older had a way of dramatizing things, maybe that's why he is so good at his job.

"Here's your coffee hyung, have a good day." Myungsoo finished with a smile.

"You too, Myung." Sunggyu waved him already with his back turned leaving the coffee shop.

It was a nice day outside. He always liked May, it wasn't as hot as summer but it wasn't as capricious as March or April. It was the perfect weather for a t-shirt and a jacket.

 

He entered the police station without really greeting anyone. They were all busy and he knew how annoying was for someone to interrupt you when you were onto something on a case.

But not everybody was like that.

"Hyuuuuung!" he heard a loud voice calling for him. He already knew what was waiting for him.

"What do you want, Yeol? Keep it low."

"Ah, sorry hyung but the captain is looking for you. And also I heard a rumor but I'll tell you more about it at lunch because boss looked pretty serious. Why though? You just solved a big case."

Sunggyu shrugged. He will only found out if he goes to see him. "I'll see you at lunch. I'll go see what the boss wants."

 

He knocked on the door and heard a quiet "Come in".

"Captain, I heard you wanted to see me. Did something happen?"

He studied the Captain but he didn't seem angry. He wasn't the employee of the year but he could not remember doing something wrong recently.

"Don't worry, Detective Kim. I just wanted to congratulate you. Also, I've got a new case for you." The boss stopped like Sunggyu would not like what was coming next. And for a good reason because the detective didn't fancy working with others, more if they weren't his subordinates."But this isn't our case. It's from Busan. The word spread that you are like a specialists on serial killers since you solved that "convenience store killer" case so fast. They want you to help them and since it seems to be pretty quiet in Seoul recently, I agree

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter