A Third Victim

Partners
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi, I'm back with the 3rd chapter. Enjoy it ^-^

“Detective Nam, this is Detective Kim.” Sunggyu came closer to the guy and extended his hand for a shake.

“Kim Sunggyu, more precisely.” Woohyun took his hand never breaking the eye contact. It was like they already had a fight for dominance.

“Detective Nam Woohyun. I’m in charge of this case.” Woohyun said in an attempt to show him who was the boss here.

“We’ll see about that.” Sunggyu said with a smirk. From his first impression on the guy he could see why the case wasn’t solved yet.

"I hope you two can find a suspect by the end of this week." said the Captain looking mostly at Sunggyu. Woohyun felt so uncomfortable, he could die there. He was a ing detective too. Who is this er that everybody thinks so great of him?

"Of course I will" Sunggyu said with a smirk. It was intentional. He didn't want to be bother by that Nam detective. It'd be better to just focus on the case; he wasn't here to make friends.

By the way Nam looked at him and his Captain; he knew that he felt hurt and so out of place in this room. He felt bad. The younger didn't look good with that sad face on. Why would he even bother about how the younger felt though?

“You are dismissed. Let’s see each other again when there will be good news.” Said the Captain, clearly not sensing how he was biased towards Sunggyu. He smiled to Sunggyu and only glanced at Woohyun. Sunggyu could see this wasn’t only about the case. The Captain didn’t like Woohyun because of another reason. Sunggyu tried to hold back his detective nature. It wasn’t his job, who cared if the Captain didn’t like the guy? It was their problem.

Sunggyu smiled and bowed as he excused himself saying he was tired and had to check on his assistant.  He also added a fake yawn. He would rather escape from this place as he started to feel uncomfortable under the younger’s eyes on him like knifes.

“Detective Nam, take him to the hotel.” The captain added to Sunggyu’s unpleasant surprise.

“It’s alright, sir. I can catch a cab.” Sunggyu hoped he won’t insist. He didn’t want to be alone with that guy. Oh god, how awkward would that be.

“No, I insist. This way you will familiarize with each other and detective Nam can explain some administrative things as well.”

Well . Sunggyu knew he won’t back out so easily. But one thing was right. He will be with this guy every day from tomorrow. He should get used to being awkward.

“Sir, don’t worry. I’ll safely take him to the hotel.” Woohyun finally spoke. He bowed to the Captain and didn’t even throw a glance to Sunggyu going out from the office. He was going most likely to the car, Sunggyu thought.

“Good evening, sir” Sunggyu ended and also headed out.

 

He sighed when he reached the parking lot. The bastard didn’t wait outside the car. How the hell would he know which car was his? He was looking for the car when a loud honk startled him. Woohyun didn’t say anything as Sunggyu got up.

The road was quiet. Well if he wanted to find anything about the administrative rules he will clearly not hear them from Woohyun. The guy was so damn quiet, eyes on road. He didn’t look at Sunggyu even once. As uncomfortable as Sunggyu felt when he was throwing daggers with his eyes in the Captain’s office, this ignorance was far worse coming from the younger.

When he saw the big letters reading “Hotel” he felt relieved. He could finally realx. He hated awkward situation the most and he couldn’t remember the last time he felt as awkward as now with this detective in his car.

 

Woohyun stopped the car. He remained like that saying nothing. He could feel that guy’s eyes on him. He tried to keep his face straight. At least, for tonight. He wanted to feel superior.  He wanted to make that guy wonder about him. He wanted to solve this case? He better does it alone or tries to make Woohyun do it. He better stresses about it.

He heard the guy sigh.”Will you at least give me your number, Mr. moody?”

“Why would you need that?” Woohyun said only after realizing what a childish thing he said.

“Oh God, because I want to ask you out. “ Sunggyu said, ironically, rolling his eyes.” Because we need to work together, remember? I need a way to contact you, Mr. Smart.” Woohyun hated how he was so sarcastic. He hated how he was giving him names. And he also hated that smirk on his face. He wanted to punch his face so hard.

“Give me yours. I’ll call you.” Sunggyu didn’t seem to have something against his suggestion or maybe he was just too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter