chapter 7

Accidental Marriage

Changmin was busy skyping Yunho.

“Hyung, how are you?” Changmin asked”

“It’s morning here. Jaejoong is making breakfast now. He is baking bread now.”

“It’s night here. What did you have yesterday?” Changmin asked

“Steak and mashed potato plus some vegetable sauté”

“Smells nice” Changmin spoke and Yunho laughed at his younger brother.

“How is mother?” Yunho asked

“She is fine I guess. She told my son a fake story about you”

“You know, mother really loves us. She send a letter once and judging by her handwriting she was drunk. She wrote if we were okay or not. I know she cares. All I want to do is spend Christmas with you guys. I am not asking much”

“I also want to spend time as a family. You know just mother, my son, you, brother-in-law and Jihye. But she is shutting you down”

“How is Jihye?” Yunho asked about his sister

“She is working as a teacher now and started dating this random guy. Anyway, mother is calling me. I will talk to you later”

 

 

“Mother, why are you calling me?” Changmin asked

“I want you to stop talking with Yunho”

“Mother please !!!”

“Look, I told you your wife was a horrible person and look how she abounded you and her child the moment you lost the job. Instead of supporting you and left”

“That was my mistake but hyung made no mistake. All he wants to do is visit us for Christmas and spend time together”

 

 

Meanwhile in America,

“Come have breakfast” Jaejoong gently told his husband

“It makes no sense. Our love is not a crime. It’s been 7 years, how can she not understand”

“She has to one day. Besides we need to tell her, we are planning on adopting a child” Jaejoong spoke

“Like Changmin’s ex was a but you did nothing wrong. She is taking all the hate for her on us.”

“Let her do it Yunho. Keep in mind, she was brought up in a homophobic society. At least she is not harming us.”

“I know but is it wrong for a son to have his mother’s cooking? Beside we did nothing wrong”

Jaejoong looked at the complaining Yunho and deep down he knew he was right. As much as he wanted to saw his mother-in-law is being too much, he respected his own mother who told him “Never say anything bad about your in-laws unless they commit a crime. I know they might not accept this marriage but never say anything bad to her”

“It’s because of father” Yunho said, with tears in his eyes. Jaejoong looked sad as well.

The day Yunho announce he fell in love with the “accidental” marriage partner, all hell broke loose.

His father screamed at him and decided to go for a drink. It was not Yunho’s fault that his father would die from car accident due to drunk driving within 24 hrs.

“My father died and so she is mad”

“Yunho, drunk driving is bad and he was old enough to do that. I understand he was shocked but he could easily have taken the cab service. Do not blame yourself for the mistake of your parents. They believe one thing but the truth in another thing”

“How would you know my pain? Your parents welcome you home and mine blames me for everything.” Yunho stated coldly

Jaejoong looked down, he was never good with words but he tried “I am saying not to judge them too much”

Yunho sighed “I am not hungry”

“Your food will get cold”

“Throw it or heat it later” Yunho said and went to their bedroom.

Jaejoong said nothing – their marriage was not at all filled with paradise. Their main source of problem was Yunho’s parents.

‘I hope mother-in-law tries to contact us’

Yunho was sitting on the floor – his head was full of thoughts.

“I have to do something else …….” Yunho sighed , remembering the time Jaejoong’s parents flew to America just to spend Christmas with them.

“Is it too much to ask for a family meal together?” Yunho questioned himself.

What Yunho didn’t know was that Jaejoong was eves-dropping. ‘ All Yunho wants is a meal with his mother’

Jaejoong looked at the floor “I can’t fly all the way to Seoul alone, but I can try”

“Yunnie” Jaejoong said softly

“Yes?”

“I want to go to Seoul alone”

“Why?”

“Just say yes”

“Okay”

“Will you not miss me?” Jaejoong asked

“I will” He said

Jaejoong smiled and looked up tickets to Seoul.

“Cool, the next available flight is in 4 days. I can go there soon. I can meet up with Changmin” Jaejoong thought and e-mailed Changmin.

 

 

 

Changmin was about to sleep when he heard a buzz from his phone indicating a e-mail.

‘What a drag….’ He opened the message and his eyes popped out.

“Hi Changmin, it’s me Jaejoong, how are you? Sorry to disturb you but I am coming to Seoul in 4 days ad I am planning to meet mother-in-law”

‘Is he crazy? Last time she kicked him out of the house’

Changmin sighed. ‘Great I am stuck with a homophobic mother-in-law and a crazy brother-in-law. At least he cooks well’

 

 

Little did Jaejoong know what was in store for him 4 days later.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please comment, upvote and subscribe