chapter 4

Accidental Marriage

My hand have healed a lot but I am still a little weak, so here is the update………………………

 

“You should not have done that. Do you have any idea about what you did?”

Jaejoong turned around to see his father-in-law

“I provided a pregnant woman shelter?”

“You have no idea about the world, do you? The most fertile kingdom, is connected by her husband’s kingdom. Her husband’s kingdom can interfere with our trade which will result in starvation of our kingdom. Plus their army is stronger than us. If they attack us we will be dead. Men will be taken as slaves and women will be used as objects for their pleasure.”

“But she needs help. At least till she delivers the child?” Jaejoong asked

“You think I don’t want to provide shelter to a women, who I have seen at age 2. She is almost like a daughter to me. But I can’t risk the life of 2000 people for her.”

“But why most other people suffer? It makes no sense”

“Welcome to the world of politics”

 

Yunho looked at his wife, who looked back at him.

“Why did mother call us in the chamber?” Yunho asked

“I don’t know” Jaejoong said after sipping some tea.

Yunho’s mother entered and spoke “I will tell you. And this is a serious topic. Also Yunho if you don’t mind can you go outside the room. Enter when I call you. I need to talk to Jaejoong alone”

“Yes mother” Yunho said.

When he left, she sat beside Jaejoong and said “Common people are not aware of this rule. But Yunho will have to re-marry”

“Because I am a male?”

“Yes, the oldest son of the ruler of land, must become the new ruler. The oldest son must produce atleast one male heir. You can say, Changmin married a woman and produced a son, who can be the heir to Yunho but that would bring shame to Yunho”

“He is a good person. I must try to protect my husband’s honour” Jaejoong tried to understand.

“Also normally, when the next heir marries a woman, she must produce a heir in 5 years else there is a re-marriage. Your father-in-law? I am his second wife. The first wife produced no child and 2 days after my marriage with your father-in-law, she committed suicide. Since you are a male this will be brought sooner. Can you imagine then? I do not want you to do something stupid. It will be hard, I know that , but this will happen”

“But if I am unfit as a wife, why was this marriage accepted?”

“Because our in-law’s ancestor chose you. You where preferred over Boa and no, she will not marry my son. When time comes, he will marry some woman. It is hard but it is for the greater good”

“I see” Jaejoong looked at his own lap.

His mother-in-law left the room and began talking with her son.

“I told him the truth and now it is up to you two. Decide what you want carefully”

Yunho entered his room to see a visibly disturbed Jaejoong.

“What will you do?” Jaejoong asked

“Does my opinion matter?” He asked again

“It does. You need to give permission” Yunho said

“Do you want to be a father?” Jaejoong asked

Yunho looked at his feet, afraid to say the truth because the answer would hurt Jaejoong. He wanted to be a father but Jaejoong was a male.

Yunho ‘s body language gave the answer Jaejoong was looking for.

“Very well I give you permission. Prepare for marriage as soon as possible”

“Will you be happy?”

“Marriage is about sacrifice. Beside all is well that ends well”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please comment,upvote and subscribe