chapter 8

Accidental Marriage

“Hello Changmin” Jaejoong spoke and waved at him.

“So, have you booked any hotel?” Changmin asked

“Nope. I will stay at your place”

“You crazy?” Changmin asked his brother-in-law, who in turn giggled.

Changmin sighed and took the luggage from his hand.

“Let’s go to the car”

 

The car ride was very quiet – actually not.

“Why are you doing this?” Changmin asked

“This is kind of creating a problem in our marriage. I want her to accept us.”

“Your parents where cool”

“Actually they are not. Yunho worked hard and made them realise he was perfect for me. I need to make her realise I am perfect for Yunho. This is something I must do”

“As you wish” Changmin stated

“ But seriously he is so stubborn”

“He got it from mother”

 

“No” Mrs. Jung was adamant

“Mother please. He is your son’s spouse. He deserves to stay here” Changmin said

“No”

“Please” Jaejoong started “You are my mother-in-law and I have come to pay my respect.”

She sighed

“I don’t want you in my house.”

“I will take my leave but she must acknowledge me”

Mrs. Jung sighed. This Jaejoong guy or her precious son-in-law was getting on her nerves.

“Okay fine stay but you have to shut up”

“Thank you”

“Listen here. Get rest all you want because you will have to make dinner for us and I want a traditional one”

Changmin literally face-palmed. ‘He is an American-Korean. It is easier for him to cook pasta than a traditional meal’

“Okay”

“And by traditional I mean the food has to be set at the low table.”

Jaejoong nodded and went inside his room. He sighed.

“Might as well take a bath and sleep”

Jaejoong regretted sleeping. His mother-in-law had given him a picture of the dish to prepare and seeing the picture he literally felt like flying back to America.

‘I am sorry Yunnie’ Jaejoong sniffed.

He could cook but this was too much.

 

 

Jaejoong sighed and stared cutting the vegetables. He looked at the time – he literally had 3 hours.

“Hey brother-in-law, need help?” Changmin asked

Jaejoong nodded and showed him the picture.

“I will do some cooking”

Little did poor Jaejoong know that his mother-in-law was spying on them

‘So two can play the game’ She smirked

“But seriously brother-in-law, remember I had a terrible marriage. She will be extra hard on you. She hated my ex-wife and she turned out to be a horrible woman”

 

Jaejoong had finished setting the table and decided to call his mother-in-law.

“Do you need to tell me something?” she asked testing him

Jaejoong looked into her eyes ‘There is no doubt about it. If I lie and tell Changmin helped me then I am screwed but I don’t want to lie to her cause the truth will come out one day’

“I admit mother-in-law, your younger son has helped me” Jaejoong told.

Mrs. Jung was surprised ‘He should have denied it and then I could have shown him the picture I took to prove that he is a liar. Well at least he is not a liar but that doesn’t prove anything’

“You disobeyed me”

“I am sorry mother-in-law but the cooing was too much for me to handle.”

“You will be punished”

Jaejoong found himself washing the dishes.

He sighed ‘Changmin’s ex-wife was a and here I am suffering for her’

Changmin looked at his mother “How much must he endure?”

“Till I am satisfied”

“You think hyung will be happy?”

“Better be safe than sorry. As it is he is gay. At least he should have a good partner” she told

Jaejoong over-heard the conversation and sighed. He felt like crying. He had to get up the next day and clean the house.

He looked at the plates that he had to clean.

“You can rest” Jaejoong heard a feminine voice behind him. He turned around and saw his mother-in-law.

“Don’t worry, I will do this”

“We have a maid. She will do it tomorrow in the morning” she smirked a little “I was just testing you”

Jaejoong nodded and put his head down. “I appreciate the fact that you told me the truth about dinner”

Jaejoong smiled “Good night” he said.

‘I was right, she is a good woman. She is just a bit old school and fears her elder son doesn’t have a spouse like her younger son. I knew I made the right decision coming to Seoul’