Chapter 3

Accidental Marriage

“Why have you not done your homework?” the grandmother asked her grandson.

“Don’t feel like it.” The child replied

“Okay, then no bed time story for you today”

“Okay, can I have some food while you continue telling me the story of Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho?”

“Okay, only if you eat the vegetables”

“Alright”

“So as I was saying….”

 

 

Jaejoong look baffled at his brother-in-law.

“Yes, I want you to cook, 4 types of meat for lunch” Changmin said

“I will try”

Jaejoong woke-up early morning and as per his mother-in-law’s instruction, he made jasmine tea for his family.

“How is it?” He asked

“It’s very good” Yunho’s mother said.

“Thank you” Jaejoong said

“Also have you decided what will you cook for lunch?” She asked

“Yes”

 

“Stop grandma !!!” the grandson said

“Why?”

“I need to go to peepee”

The grandmother started laughing.

“Ready?” she asked when he returned. The boy nodded.

 

Jaejoong was busy cutting vegetables ‘If he eats so much meat, it will be bad for his health. But I need to make them taste good’ and he began boiling them.

“OH MY GOD” Jaejoong’s mother-in-law screamed.

Jaejoong mentally debated whether or not he would get up but decided against it.

Yunho and Changmin jumped up hearing their mother scream.

The middle aged woman saw her pregnant niece standing in front of her. Her niece was only 25 and she looked pale.

“Come inside”

When the girl sat inside her room,  Yunho’s mother asked “What happened?”

“I left my husband”

“Why?”

“He kicked me out because I was pregnant when in reality he was looking for another wife. My father, your brother showed me the door as well. I had to come here for shelter. Please give me shelter”

“You need to ask my husband”

The girl nodded and waited for her uncle to come out.

“I have heard your story and I am afraid you will make no place here”

“Please give me a place to stay, I beg of you”

“You know the tradition very well. The land your husband owns is connected to one of the most fertile lands of this kingdom. Trade happens from your husband’s land itself. I am no king but a powerful landlord and if I give you shelter, your husband can block the path making my people not get any food. Must my people suffer for you?”

“At least shelter me for the pregnancy or the night. Can I get a room just for tonight?”

“My heart says yes but I might not take any risk”

 

Yunho and Changmin were hearing everything from outside.

“We must help noona” Yunho said

“How?”

“I have an idea” a new voice spoke and they found it belonged to Jaejoong

“What will you do?” Changmin asked

“Give me a minute” Jaejoong said and ran to the kitchen and returned with a cup of tea.

“Watch me” Jaejoong said and knocked on the door. Yunho and Changmin ran from the viewing range.

“Come in” Jaejoong heard his father-in-law speak and he entered the room.

“I brought some tea” Jaejoong said

“She is an outsider”

“But father it is the tradition to not show someone the door if they come a day after someone married in the house. I know I am just here for not even a day, but I chose not to disrespect you or the tradition. Can’s she leave, after a cup of tea?” Jaejoong asked

“Very well. But after this show her the door”

“I will make sure father”

Jaejoong handed over the tea and spoke “Pleas drink the tea”

The pregnant woman just nodded.

Finishing her tea, the woman left for the door and Jaejoong followed behind her and attached her a letter.

“Go to this address and give them the letter. They might provide you with shelter”

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please comment, upload and subscribe