chapter 5

Accidental Marriage

Jaejoong signed as he watched his husband getting married. He had to grant permission, which he did but he literally can’t say a no.

He watched his husband put the flower on top of the woman’s head and the priest declare them as a couple.

“Come here” Jaejoong said and the woman slowly walked towards him. He handed her a necklace and spoke “Your husband is my husband, let us live in harmony”. The woman looked up and slowly spoke “Guide me”

As per tradition, the woman went to the kitchen and started making the meals for her new family.

Jaejoong looked away and Jihye spoke to him “Elder wife, I know you are sad but please you must accept the truth. Maybe she is a nice person”

“I hope so”

 

Jaejoong sat quietly as Yunho performed all the rituals. He wasn’t stupid, he knew they had and he was not okay with that.

‘I can’t get jealous and I only gave him permission’ Jaejoong internally debated as he looked outside the window. He heard a knock and he said “Come in”

The second wife entered and said “I made you tea”

“Thank you”

“I am sorry”

“Can you please leave?” Jaejoong asked.

The second wife nodded and left.

She exited the room to find her mother-in-law standing outside “Yes Mother?”

“Remember I chose you for a reason. Don’t make me ever regret my decision” She spoke

 

Jaejoong looked sadly outside the window “Jaejoong”

Hearing Yunho’s voice Jaejoong turned around “How may I help you Lord?”

Yunho saw the cold tone in Jaejoong’s voice and spoke “If I offended you in anyway then feel free to punish me but remember you gave me permission”

“Did you give me a choice? Your reputation was at stake. I had to do this in order to protect the entire family.”

“But we must do our deeds for the good of the people”

………………………..

6 YEARS,

6 years have passed by and things where a whole lot better.

“Don’t go there” the second wife gently told her eldest child.

“But mother, I need to go to eldest mother”

“He is sleeping”

“Aisshhh”

In 6 years, the second wife have given 3 children to Yunho but all where girls, indicating they couldn’t take the thrown.

Worst was Changmin got married and had a son – putting the pressure of a male heir on Yunho and his wife more. Surprisingly, Changmin married the younger daughter of the herbal medicine doctor and not the elder one. The elder one was the friend of Changmin but he married her sister.

Jaejoong was called “eldest mother” by his step-daughter and “elder wife” by the rest.

They heard a knock at the door and Jaejoong entered with 2 cups of tea in his hand.

“I made you guys tea” He said and placed it in front of them.

“You should have rested. Yesterday you and wife of Your brother-in-law did all the cooking and cleaning for our guests. I could have made the tea” the younger wife spoke

“Nonsense, you just had a child birth. Your baby is only 2 months old. You should rest”

“Can I have beef……” the eldest girl couldn’t complete her sentence as her mother had hushed her up.

“It’s okay. I will ask Kim-sshi to buy good quality beef tomorrow have a beef party” Jaejoong laughed.

 

Jaejoong went to his room and found Yunho sitting inside .

“What happened?” He softly asked

“It’s about Changmin” Yunho said

“What happened to him?” Jaejoong asked

“I don’t think he is happily married.”

“They have a son together”

“No Changmin is not happy.”

“Is that the reason you want to talk to me or is it something else?” Jaejoong gently asked

“You caught me. Well the thing is, the counsel of minister is planning on a party. A party to find me another bride since I have no son from my second son and it has been 6 years since our marriage.”

“Why should I say that?”

“I don’t want to get married, but what should I do?”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please comment, upvote and subscribe