Chapter 1

Accidental Marriage

“Grandmother please tell me a story” a young 5 year old boy said.

“Okay I will but I will stop by 10 pm. It would too late after that” she replied

“Pali Pali” the young boy said

“Well let’s see… Once upon a time………………….”

 

 

 

It was 15th century Korea, a time when kings and landlords used to rule.

Kim Jaejoong, he was the only son of the Kim couple and thereby the owner of the small restaurant they owned. Jaejoong was the chef and he was well known in the city for his cooking skills.

Jaejoong was busy making food, when his mother came “A new order has come”

Jaejoong nodded and speed up his work.

 

Jung Yunho, was the son of the Jung landlord. He was the eldest child of the 3 siblings.

Yunho was 19 years old, Changmin was 16 and the youngest Jihye was 14.

Yunho had actually a romantic relation with a girl named Boa, but everything changed on his marriage day.

Boa was a typical 19 year old girl, she loved cooking and was very pretty.

Then again back in those days it was expected from the wives of landlord to cook for their family.

Yunho had announced that he wished to marry Boa.

Everyone was happy except Changmin.

 

“Why Boa? That Jaejoong is so nice” Changmin said

“Oppa!! You crazy?” Jihye asked

“He cooks way better than her. My stomach have standard. My poor stomach”

“Let’s assume hypothetically he marries eldest brother, then how can they have a child?” Jihye asked

“Well I am as straight as an arrow”

“So is Yunho-oppa”

“But hyung must sacrifice for my stomach” Changmin said

“Well why don’t you marry him?” Jihye reasoned

“He is elder than me, stupid” Changmin said

“So how do you plan to make him marry Jaejoong?” Jihye asked

Changmin just smirked.

 

Yunho looked at his mother and spoke “Umma, I have no understanding of good hanbok for ladies”

“But it your marriage son, you must chose a hanbok for your wife”

“But what if I make a horrible decision?”

“Well it is okay to make a mistake and pick a bad hanbok. Remember you are just young. Your father gave me a very horrible looking hanbok”

“Hey ! It was cool” Yunho’s father said

“Nope”

“Aigoo” The middle aged man replied.

Yunho just smiled.

“APPA UMMA!!!!!!!!” Changmin came running into the room.

“Yes Changmin?”

“Who is getting the food?” Changmin asked

“Well our maids can..” Yunho couldn’t finish his sentence because Changmin interrupted him

“Can the Kim cooks do it?” Changmin asked

“Okay” Mrs. Jung said. She didn’t think twice because after all they were the best cooks in town. Also Changmin loved food.

“Yes” Changmin said ‘Now only another thing left to do’

 

It was the wedding day, everything was so beautiful and peaceful except Changmin’s mind.

‘I have placed the pebbles carefully’ Changmin examined

“Oppa” Jihye said

“Did you do it?” Changmin asked

“Yes, I have feed Boa’s friend that juice and now she is sick”

“Good. It will take her 1 day to recover and she will be just fine” Changmin said

“This is still stupid”

“Keep quite or I am smacking you”

“Ugh, I am telling Umma and Appa”

“Go on and I will tell how you never do your homework and never listen to the teacher. I will also tell how you make me do your homework” Changmin said

“I hate you”

“I love you too. HAHAHA” To Jihye that sounded like the devil was laughing.

In the ancient time, the groom would pray to his ancestors and after that put the blessed lily flower on his bride’s head.

Changmin’s plan was to somehow make Yunho trip and make it land on Jaejoong’s head.

But Jaejoong had to be there somehow.

Boa entered the shrine along with her parents.

She sat down on the floor. One of her friends stood on her right but the other friend was missing.

“OMO, what to do?” Boa asked

It was a custom for the bride to have unwed friends on either side to show her purity.

The priest and Yunho had already started the praying ritual.

“We don’t have much time.”

“I know, what if we bring on of our unwed chefs here? Will he be fine?” Changmin asked

“Please do so ” Boa’s mother said.

Changmin nodded and ran to the kitchen.

“Jaejoong-sshi, please come”

“Why?”

“One of the bride’s friend is ill. The wedding will be incomplete if one person is missing”

“But I need to cook”

“Son, go with the young lord” Jaejoong’s mother said

“Thank you , ajhumma” He said and Jaejoong started following Changmin.

Within in minute, Jaejoong reached the room and stood beside Boa.

Boa’s mother was happy because the ritual could go perfectly now but that is what she thought.

After the prayer was over, the priest said “They have granted permission.”

Yunho turned around and went to put the flower on Boa’s head.

But he stepped on a pebble and ended up losing his balance. Yunho grabbed the nearest thing possible so he would not fall down.

 

Everyone in the room was shocked. Boa had tears in her eyes.

Yunho’s hand was on Jaejoong’s head and the flower on his forehead.

Jaejoong had become Yunho’s wife

Yunho and Jaejoong were stunned but the priest said “Well apparently the deceased Jung’s have chosen Jaejoong as Yunho’s bride. Even though a same gender marriage is rare especially accidental but your forefather wanted this to happen”

Boa softly said “I respect their decision” and she left the room crying.

Yunho’s parents where stunned but said nothing.

Jaejoong’s mother was also there. She entered the room at the last moment and saw what had happened.

‘Oh dear’

Changmin smiled.

 

 

 

“It’s 10 pm. Now go to sleep” the grandmother told her grandson.

“But, I want to know more about this Jung Yunho and Kim Jaejoong. Did they live happily ever after?”

“Enough. If you are a good boy then I will tell their story tomorrow”

“But…” the young boy pouted.

The grandmother just smiled.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please comment , upvote and subscribe.

Also this story is more like a grandmother telling her grandson the story of Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho.

The identity of grandmother and grandson would be found later.