Chapter 6

The boy from nowhere

 

                                                                            Chapter 6

        "You?"

 

            The boy asked, Seokjin looked at the blond boy infront of him and felt embarassed wen he realized that he was still holding the boy's hand. So he let go of the boy's hand, it was his first time holding someone's hand beside his parents and it was so warm, the blond boy infront of his has a big hand and it was warm. When he saw the boy was staring at him, he smiled through his mask and nodded at the boy.

 

              The latter smiled at him but unlike his usual smile, the rectangular smile he was always showing to everyone that Seokjin grew fond and loved seeing, the smile he shown to him today, it was a sad one, not even reaching his eyes or maybe he was the only one who could see the sadness in it for the boy was just smiling. Seokjin felt something was off from the boy so he looked straight to the boy's eyes and saw an endless darkness and loneliness in it.

 

             " I know you, you're from my class. You're Kim Seokjin right?" he was thinking when he heard the boy who was sounded so tired. He looked at the boy in a shock state, he never thought someone would know his name. A smile was formed on his lips while looking at the blond boy and nodded. But Seokjin didn't know the boy's name, he just knew him by face. He only knew Jeon Jungkook because that person left a big impression on him.

 

               The boy sat down looking at the field as the wind blew. The blond boy closed his eyes feeling the wind on his body. Seokjin had the chance to look at the boy, his face was so calm. Seokjin didn't know why but he's heart was beating so fast, just like the last time when he saw the boy laughing at their room. He looked away when the boy opened his eyes, then suddenly looked at him.

 

               " Why did you do that? Why did you drag me away from the edge?" he heard the blond boy asked with a low tone. Seokjin sat down next to the boy but there's a distance between them and looked at the field, he smiled the wind was blowing and it was so soothing, it was so peaceful. " My body reacted on its own." Seokijin said not looking at the blond boy. A smile was plastered on his face but a mask was covering that smile. It's quite true because when he reached the rooftop and saw the blond boy on the edge, looking down on the ground, he thought the boy might fall because the rooftop didn't have any fence, he felt so scared so he immediately ran to the boy and hugged him from the back and dragged him away from the the edge.

 

             The blond boy looked at Seokjin when he heard that. He never heard or seen someone would do something without thinking and just because their body reacted on its own. He knew Seokjin because he was introduced to them when he transferred, also because he was the only student who was wearing a mask, the blond boy found it weird but also it was the reason why he could memorize and recognize the mask boy beside him, Kim Seokjin.

 

             He stared at Seokjin, he saw the smile on Seokjin's face though it was covered by the mask. The blond boy wondered how would it look like without the mask. He sighed " Is that so?" he asked. Seokjin suddenly looked at him and with serious face. " Can I ask you?" Seokjin asked him in a calm tone, he atleast know how to be polite for his mother taught him how to, also he already knew what apologize mean,he asked his mother about it, the blond boy was taken aback for it was the first time Seokjin actually talk to someone aside from their teacher in the school.

 

           " Yeah what is it?" he asked Seokjin without looking at him, he knew that the boy with a mask was looking at him. "Why are you standing on the edge of the rooftop, it's dangerous, you might fall?" Seokjin asked the boy, there's a hint of concern and worry on his voice and for the second time the boy was shocked after he heard it, but he thought maybe it was just normal for someone like Seokjin.

 

            " That? Ahh I'm just feeling the air." he lied, yes he knew how to lie, he was always doing that, in front of everyone, even his own bestfriends. He was always pretending, not wanting anyone to know about him, and until now he was just glad that no one could see it, no one could feel it, maybe he was just a good actor or no one actually cared. He looked at Seokjin and smiled when he sad, but his eyes widened when he saw that Seokjin was staring at him intently, not smiling.

 

           " You're lying" Seokjin said, it's not even a question. He knew that the blond boy was lying, he could feel it, he could see it in the boy's eyes, the boy looked at him with wide eyes, like he wasn't expecting that. Seokjin didn't know why but something in him wanted to know the truth.

 

            " What? What. are ..you.. talking..about?"  the blond boy stuttered, how would Seokjin, a stranger know instantly that he was lying. The latter looked at him and he was again surprised when he saw the sadness in Seokjin's brown orbs, he wonder why Seokjin, someone who didn't even know his name, someone who was a complete stranger would be sad because of him.

 

            Mean Seokjin just proved the the blond boy who was looking at him was lying when the boy stuttered but he understood why the boy didn't want him to tell the truth, cause why would someone trust a complete stranger like him right. But seeing that boy's true self just made Seokjin want to know his story. Because he could see that the boy was like in a cage desperately calling for  help, he wanted to save him from that dark cage.

 

            " You're broken" Seokjin stated not minding the blond boy's question, now Seokjin finally understood everything, that boy was indeed broken, he's shattering like a glass. He knew that the boy was just pretending in front of everyone, wearing a mask so no one would see the broken, him. The blond boy was always smiling or showing his boxy smile, that even Seokjin himself believed in and loved seeing, and laughing, even though his eyes spoke the opposite.

 

            The boy felt the pain inside him when he heard that from Seokjin, it was short yet it pierced inside his heart. Why would Seokjin know, he just transferred at the school one month ago and yet he could see the real him easily, just how. He didn't speak or say something eve Seokjin didn't say anything, silence fell upon them. The air was blowing, he looked at the boy with a mask who was looking at the field, the boy didn't force him to talk.

 

             " I did that because I want to know if angels could really fly but you came so I didn't get the answer" he broke the silence, he didn't know why but he felt like he could tell Seokjin about that. The latter suddenly looked at him but said nothing. He sighed and looked at the field, smiling sadly, his mask faded, and it's all because of the boy beside him.

 

            " I just want to know if people would look good if they fall" he continued, that time he stood there at the edge of the rooftop wondering if he would look good when he fall. Pain bloomed inside his heart, he hated his life, loneliness, sadness and anger, he was keeping all those emotions inside him. Not wanting to be a burden especially to his friends he pretended to be that happy go lucky guy that always made everyone happy, it though making everyone happy when he himself wasn't.

 

           " People are not rain or snow or autumn leaves, they do not look beautiful when they fall." Seokjin said in a sincere yet sad voice, looking at the field. He looked at Seokjin, those words, he already heard those words when he was young from his mother he loved the most, his heart was tightening.

 

           Tears suddenly made their way out of his eyes, he remembered his deceased mother, his dearest mother. His life turned into a living hell when his mother died especially when his father married another woman who treated him like a trash, who wanted him out from the family. Everyone thought he have the best life for their family was rich but it was the opposite. 

 

            Everyday he would experience and hear bad words, there were even chances when his father would raise its hand on him but he was just accepting all of it for he knew that he didn't have any place to go, he felt like he was always alone, yes his bestfriends were always there for him but still he felt lonely, he missed his mother who loved him, who would always take care of him.

 

          As of now he didn't have any will and reason to live and for him death was more inviting than life. That's why he planned to end his own life in the rooftop but Seokjin came and dragged him out. Tears were flowing from his face when Seokjin faced him, he didn't know how to react, he felt so weak, how could he cry in front of a stranger.

 

          He froze in his spot when Seokjin moved closer and then suddenly he was wrapped on Seokjin's embrace. Seokjin hugged him tighter with its hand ruffling his hair softly. He didn't know what to do or what to feel, but it was warm, Seokjin was warm, it was so comfortbale and soothing.

 

         "Just cry, it's okay. I'm here" he heard Seokjin said, his voice was so soft and reassuring and there he cried his heart out, he knew it's not right, he knew he looked vulnerable but he cried in Seokjin's arm, he was crying hard when  suddenly memories flashed on his mind, all the pain and sufferings, his vision changed, he was now in a dark cage, it was cold and lonely. A dim light entered and revealed mirrors inside it, he saw himself, his self who was shattering and breaking into pieces.

 

          He was terrified, he knew he was broken but seeing yourself shattering, it's a scary thing. He cried and cried, he was calling for help, for someone to help him out from the cage, find him and free him from it. He thought no one heard him, he thought no one would help him not until he heard that voice.

 

          "Let me save you" he heard someone said and suddenly a hand was reaching ut to him, he reached out to hat hand and it started pulling him out from the cage. He was still crying when he opened his eyes, that vision, he was met by Seokjin who was looking at him with worry eyes, he felt Seokjin's warm hand on his face trying to wipe out his tears but they were keep on flowing from his eyes so Seokjin let him cry, they stayed in that position until he stopped.

 

          Seokjin let go of him and moved back to his spot a while ago, he on the other hand looked away feeling embarassed, he couldn't believe he cried in front of the transferee, he never thought he would cry in front of someone, a stranger, he couldn't even cry in front of his bestfriends but why, why Seokjin easily did that to him, why he easily cried in front of Seokjin, a stranger.

 

          " Thank you" he said, Seokjin looked at him and smiled though the mask was forbidding him to see it, but Seokjin's eyes were also smiling and they were so beautiful, he would lie if he said, his heart didn't melt at that, he wondered who really Seokjin was beause that boy has something, he just couldn't point it out.

 

          Seokjin didn't say anything back at him, he just looked somewhere in the field, he followed Seokjin's eyes and saw a bunch of black with shade of pink butterflies approaching them, he looked at Seokjin who was smiling while looking at the butterflies, his face was calm. Both of them were sitting while watching the butterflies fly, making their way on the rooftop.

 

         " Do you know why butterflies, even though they were small still trying hard to find a shelter to stay when it's about to rain?" Seokjin asked not looking at him. He looked at the boy whose face was hidden. "Why?" he asked, what did Seookjin want to say, the boy beside him smiled again.

 

         "Because they will die if they were soaked in the rain, but they love their lives, they know how to value life and how precious it is, so they would always tried their best to not to get soaked in the rain." Seokjin who was staring straightly on his eyes said, maybe it was Seokjin's way of saying he should value his life just like the butterflies, Seokjin for him was mysterious, and he wondered just who Seokjin was.

 

          He was lost in words and didn't say anything, they stayed like that until the bunch of the butterflies reached the rooftop. He saw how they sorrounded Seokjin like they were happy seeing the boy with a mask. Seokjin on the other was just smiling, those butterfles again, thier numbers decreased again but he's happy they would always come to him.

 

         The blond boy saw Seokjin extending his own hand and one of the butterflies landed on it, that scene alone was mesmerizing though he couldn't see Seokjin's face. He didn't notice that his hand was on his chest gripping onto it tightly for his heart was beating so fast, Seokjin wanted to save him, he heard those words of Seokjin but he wondered why Seokjin would do that, they were strangers to each other. Seokjin was like a puzzle to him.

 

           He found himself standing infront of Seokjin who was still sorrounded by the butterflies. Seokjin was shocked but looked up to him nonetheless. He smiled at the boy with a mask. " You don't know me right?" he asked in a soft tone, Seokjin nodded. " Let me introduce myself, I'm Kim Taehyung" he said while extending his hand to Seokjin hoping for a shanke hands. 

 

          "I'm Kim Seokjin" Soekjin stood up facing and said even though he knew that the blond boy already knew who he was. Both of them smiled and shook hands, Taehyung's heart was beating so fast an he didn't know why but Seokjin's hand was so soft and he wanted to hold longer, the butterflies were now sorrouning both of them.

 

          "Let's be friends Seokjin" Taehyung said and Seokjin smiled in respond. Then both of them sat down and just watched the flying butterflies that were sorrounding them, they were sitting next to each other. Seokjin was happy because finally he have a friend now, Tahyung on the other hand was also glad, he never thought he would be friend with Seokjin.

 

         " You know what you're like a butterfly"  Seokjin suddenly said not looking at Taehyng, the latter just looked at Seokjin and waited for Seokjin to continue. " Butterflies can't see their wings, they can't see how beautiful they are but the rest of the world can, you're like them." 

 

          Seokjin who was now looking at him added, he looked at him with confused face waiting for Seokjin to explain but the latter just smiled and watched the butterflies again. He knew Seokjin wanted him to know and find the meaning of it on his own, he staed at Seokjin.

 

           " You're full of mystery Seokjin, just who are you?" he murmured to himself, Seokjin was like a galaxy, he's full of mystery.

 

 

//////

 

A/N

           hi guys I'm back, I'm finally free from responsibilities yehey. Ahh sorry for not updating this fast few weeks I got busy, hayss and I hope you like this, enjoy. :)0

           Aww this is my purest fic hahaha and I treasured this story a lot, sorry if it's kinda boring. :( I will try to make it better on the next chapters.

           Also thank you guys for subscribing and reading this story. Thank you. Have a nice da. God bless.

 

bye bye. :)