Chapter 2

Lady Luck

It was now Jongin and Kyungsoo.

There was a weird atmosphere. The two of them were silent. The driver was feeling really awkward too, he was looking at the two guys by the car mirror.

No one tried to speak, but then Jongin broke the silence.

"Hyung.." He said in a pleasing tone.

"What?" Kyungsoo said blandly.

"Are you mad at me?" He held Kyungsoo's hand but the smaller whacked the younger's hand and looked away from him, facing the car window.

"Come on hyung, don't be mad at me." The younger says tapping kyungsoo's shoulder.

Kyungsoo is holding back his tears. Goddamnit, I'm too emotional. He thought.

"Just be quiet, Kim Jongin and we'll get you treated at the hospital." Kyungsoo pleaded and Jongin just obeyed him.

When they finally got out of the car and went to the hospital. Jongin held Kyungsoo's wrist. "Hyung, what did I do?"

Kyungsoo looked at him, still holding back his tears. He looked away and went inside of the hospital.

"Miss, can you please assist us?"Kyungsoo told the nurse that he saw by the door. 

"Sure what can I help you with?" The nurse smiled.

"My friend has a problem with his arm." Kyungsoo then glanced at Jongin, and Jongin was staring at him.

"Uhm. Sure, follow me. By the way, I'm Tiffany." Tiffany smiled.

"Oh hi, I'm Kyungsoo and this is Jongin."

"Hello Kyungsoo and Jongin!" Tiffany says.

Tiffany then leads them to the emergency room. They sat on the hospital bed.

Tiffany rolled up Kai's polo and she saw a small wound on Jongin's arm.

"Oh this is just a small wound, I will just put on alcohol, betadine and bandages. I will just get them at the first aid kit. Wait a second."

Kyungsoo just nods while smiling. 
He was sitting at the chair just by the bed. While Jongin was still staring at him, worried.

"Hyung, are you mad at me?"

Kyungsoo just looks at him.

"Hyung please answer me." Jongin pouts.

Jongin then didn't stop pouting. Pouting was one of his techniques if he wants someone to forgive him.

Damn, why is this kid so cute?

Kyungsoo couldn't take it, he answers.

"You're risking your life Jongin. Are you crazy?" Kyungsoo says as calmly as he could.

"Hyung, I was just helping her." Jongin looks down.

"Helping her? Just because you think she's cute? You don't even know her. You could've get worst!" Kyungsoo shouts, not too loud.

You didn't even think how worried I am.

"But hyung, it's just a wound."

"And it's ok to get a wound just for that girl? What are you thinking? Don't even get to that love at first sight bull, there's nothing like that." Kyungsoo frowns.

"Hyung, but it's true. When I saw her, I fell inlove, my heart was beating so fast." Jongin's face brights up.

While Kyungsoo.. in pain again. What's new?

"Her eyes were like stars, her lips was irresistible and she looked like a goddess." Jongin explains, blushing.

Bull. Kyungsoo thought.

"Jongin, have you gone mad?"

"Hyung, I don't think I can sleep."

He can't sleep because he'll just be thinking about Krystal.

"Stop with that bull Jongin." Kyungsoo's says anger visible on his face.

"Why? Are you jealous?" Jongin smirks, tapping Kyungsoo's cheek.

Kyungsoo's face heats up in flushing pink. Jongin was right after all.

"I'm back!" Tiffany says.

Good save. Kyungsoo thought.

"So what happened here?" Tiffany says while rubbing alcohol on Jongin's wound. Jongin groans in pain.

"Oh, sorry." Tiffany smiles slightly.

"It's okay."

"He got into a fight, because he was clumsy." Kyungsoo says bitterly.

"Hyung.." Jongin said in a defensive tone. "I fought for someone I love." Jongin smiles.

"Love? You called that Love? They just met a while ago?" Kyungsoo laughs bitterly.

What's up with this hyung?? Jongin thought.

Jongin just looks at Kyungsoo, accepting that he's defeated. He'll probably just remained silent.

Kyungsoo was laughing on the outside, but actually he was hurting inside. Wow, he's such a good actor.

"All done." Tiffany says. "You can go now."

"Thanks Tiffany." Jongin said.

Tiffany just blushes. I mean, come on Jongin is handsome after all. Any woman can be charmed by him.

"She's nice." Jongin says.

"Yeah, she is. She's nice for  giving you treatment even though you're clumsy." 
Sarcastic Kyungsoo says.

Jongin frowns.  The whole drive was so awkward. Their taxi was enveloped with silence again.

When they were near to Kyungsoo's house. Kyungsoo stopped just by the porch.

"Ok Jongin. Go now."  Kyungsoo gestures his hands meaning to 'go away.'

"Ok, hyung. Thank you for today and sorry." Jongin says in shame.

Kyungsoo just smiles and walks away. But he looked back and he sees the upset Jongin, which he thinks is cute. He giggles.

He went to his apartment, changed his clothes and lied on the bed. He was just staring at the ceiling. He didn't notice his face was wet. He didn't notice he was crying. He was just thinking of Jongin. Of course, Jongin. He loves Jongin and just by seeing him saving that girl, how his eyes twinkle just talking about her, how he smiles when he's with her, just makes him feel uneasy. He had this heavy feeling and hope.

"I hope you feel that way too when you're with me." Kyungsoo says, still looking at the ceiling. Tears streaming down his face.

"Because I do. Every single day, every single hour, every single second." Kyungsoo smiles bitterly. "My heart only beats for you, Jongin." Kyungsoo laughs, and then cries again.

I must be crazy. Kyungsoo thought. Then he didn't notice he fell asleep. Hoping Kim Jongin will not appear in his dreams, his pain was too much, it's enough for this day.

He was in pain, while Jongin was in bed. As Expected, he was thinking of Krystal. He couldn't get over of her beauty and want to see her again. If possible, he would search for her. Too cliché, he thought. Whatever, let's just see what fate has planned. This was different from the other girls he liked, he had a different feeling and he can't explain what it is. Every time he thinks about her, butterflies just comes on his belly.

"See you in my dreams, Soojung." He then sleeps with a smile on his face.

 

Jongin woke up with sunlight beaming through his window. He woke up with a smile on his face, having a positive attitude. He looked at his alarm clock, he was confused it didn't even alarmed. He noticed he got up early as he should. So he went downstairs.

Jongin lives with his parents. He actually didn't like it, but he has to. His parents were rich and they were constantly very busy. They always travel for businesses trips. They go home late. They go to work early. This was in a daily basis. So Jongin didn't really felt his parent's presence that's  why he often went home. He was always at school, at parties or at Kyungsoo's apartment.

When Jongin went downstairs he was astounded to see his father at the dining table, wearing a suit and tie, reading a newspaper and sipping his a cup of coffee.

"Up so early?" His father glanced at him then back to his newspaper.

"Um, yeah."

"How was the party?"

Jongin was surprised. He didn't even tell his father that he'll be going to a party. He didn't want to asks how his father knew so he just answers.

"It was fun." Jongin said while sitting on a chair across his father's.

"Where's mom?" Jongin looks around. As if on cue, his mom appears from the kitchen door. Jongin must think this must be a special day, because his parents were free, and he woke up early. Jongin's mother cooked sunny side up, hotdogs and milk.

"Milk?" Jongin whines.

"Yes, milk drink that." His mother commands.

His father just chuckles. As always his mom was babying him, Jongin just rolled his eyes and drinks his milk.

"Good thing, Kyungsoo was there, you went home early." His mother said. Sitting next to Jongin's father. His parents know Kyungsoo, he and Jongin has been bestfriends ever since and they think Kyungsoo is a good influence on their son.

Yes he did went home early, not as expected he'll went home on 3 am or more like 5 am but yesterday he went home at 9 pm, so there maids were surprised.

"Yeah, we helped someone." 
Jongin then remembers Soojung, the reason behind his good night sleep.

"Who?" His mother asks, completely curious.

"Oh just this beautiful girl." Jongin then lays his hand on his chin and looks at the ceiling as if he's on cloud 9,  thinking about Krystal.

"Oh I see, he has a crush on her." His father chuckles and his mother smiles.

"My baby boy has grown up!!" His mom then stands up from her seat and cuddles his son.

"Eomma! Stop!" Jongin shouts,  looking like a baby.

"Oh, but really who is this special girl?"

"Her name is Soojung." Jongin then smiles, remembering Krystal's beautiful face, her smile, her lips, eyes, nose and her long hair.

His parents smiled, looking at their son, extremely happy. His father then glanced at the clock.

"Oh my look at the time." His father says.

"Omo! We should go." His mother says. They stood up and hurriedly rode on their car.

Jongin felt down. He thought this morning was really special and he will spend it with his parents, chatting with them, laughing with them but it turns out they're busy again, as always.

"Goodbye Jongin." His mother kissed him at the cheek.

Jongin was left in the dining room, he sighs. He then continues to have a positive attitude, it was the first day of school after all. He then thinks of Kyungsoo. He forgot that the latter was mad at him, so he plans to do something about it. He ate his breakfast as fast as he could and went to shower real quick.

Kyungsoo then wakes up, he felt his heart breaking, his head spinning. It was probably still a hangover at the party, and he still couldn't forget Jongin with that girl. Damn, its early in the morning and the first thing that pops into his head was Jongin. What a heartbreaking morning, he thought. He's really amazed by himself, he thinks of Jongin before sleeping and now he's still thinking of Jongin waking up. God, that's how much he loves that guy. He then gets up, goes to the bathroom, and washed his face. He looked at his reflection, damn he looked like a mess, his eyes were swollen, his lips pale and he had messy hair too. Eyes swollen, of course because of crying. Crying because of Jongin. He cries about him over and over again, and he was so tired of this. He just wishes that he'll have courage so that he won't hide his feelings anymore.

He then showers, and changed into his school uniform. He is now 11th grade, he has to be good at school. The thing is he always does, without even trying. He's a genius for crying out loud, but good thing is he's humble. He even helps Jongin, and that's what he is worried about. He knows Jongin at studying and this was harsh but true.

He then went downstairs to prepare breakfast for himself. His apartment was kinda large and it was sad that it was occupied by one person, no other than him. It looks so ing sad. His parents and relatives leaved in Gyeonggang, his birthplace and he went to Seoul for a better life, for a better future, to achieve his dreams. 
It was a bonus he met Jongin who was Kyungsoo's inspiration. It was like his stomach was churning and heart twisting whenever he thinks of Jongin. But now, all can he feel is pain, pain, pain and pain that Jongin has created. He was really jealous. 
He was hoping this day he can smile when he's at school. Hoping that Jongin has forgot about what happened last night and forgets about the girl. But it was quite small hope, he knows Jongin. When he's inlove, he'll never stop blabbering about that girl, he just hopes he survives. He hopes he won't cry, but then again that's impossible too because he was becoming really jealous.

When he was eating peacefully at the dining room, he suddenly hears a knock on his door. A loud knock, and another and another. So he stands up from his seat and puts the dishes into the sink.

"Wait!!" He shouts. He wonders who's this person must be. He opens the door and his heart suddenly jumped.

"Hyung!!" Jongin smiles and hugs his hyung. Kyungsoo's heart melted, he lets go of Jongin eventhough he really wanted to stay like that, to feel Jongin's warm embrace.

"What are you doing here?" Kyungsoo says dumbfounded.

Jongin then smiles looking at Kyungsoo's big wide eyes, admiring how cute his hyung is.

"Hyung, I'm here to fetch you, we'll go to school together. It's my sorry to you." Jongin looks down, a little embarrassed.

"What sorry?" Kyungsoo asks.

"You know, because you were mad at me last night." Jongin explains pouting.

Kyungsoo's cheeks heated. He never thought Jongin would do such a gesture like this but as usual the back of his mind is saying, Jongin's doing this because he is Jongin's bestfriend. Keep it to your mind Kyungsoo, a bestfriend, just a bestfriend and by that he will never have false hopes.

While Kyungsoo and Jongin were walking at the village, Kyungsoo was smiling, his cheeks pink. he just couldn't get over how sweet Jongin was. Yes this maybe is a small thing for a best friend to do but Jongin doesn't do this kind of gestures. He was always late, and now he woke up early and thought of fetching his best friend. Just thinking of that thought it made Kyungsoo's heart beat so fast.

Kyungsoo was continuously smiling but then Jongin looks at him, curious.

"Hyung, why are you smiling?" He said also smiling.

Kyungsoo looks at him, his smile disappearing. Thinking of how stupid he looks.

"No reason." Kyungsoo says.

"Happy I did this?" Jongin said grinning.

Kyungsoo looks up, thinking as if Jongin can read his mind. Kyungsoo just nods, his lips curving into a smile.

Jongin beams too, staring into Kyungsoo's eyes, putting his arms over to the shoulders of the latter. He ruffles Kyungsoo's hair.

Kyungsoo's heart beats too fast again and he blames Jongin for it. He stared back at Jongin, looking at those dazzling eyes and he was just happy. Happy to enjoy this moment.

On the way to school, they were just silent. As if silence connected them in some way words couldn't.

When they have reached school, they separated ways, waving 'see you soon.'

Kyungsoo went to his locker, puts his books and looks into the small mirror at the side of his locker. Kyungsoo smiles, reminiscing what happened a while ago. Then suddenly his smile was gone when a girl ran towards beside him.

"Oppa Kyungsoo ya!" She smiles and waves at him.

"What is it now again?" Kyungsoo asks not even glancing at the girl, rolling his eyes.

"I just want to see you this morning. How are you today?" She giggles and looks at his Oppa, going infront of him, blocking his locker. She smiles.

"It was okay, but then you came." Kyungsoo deadpans. She didn't like this girl. This girl must be over the moon for him. She was his stalker. She was his number one fan. Always going to Kyungsoo's singing performances and cheering loudly. Always greeting him every morning, every dismissal and its just sickening for Kyungsoo. He doesn't want attention, especially from this girl. He finds her annoying.

She looks down and pouts. "Oppa.." She looks up, still pouting.

"Get lost Sohyun!" Kyungsoo shouts.

Sohyun sobs, puts her hands to her face, and running away from Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo just chuckles.

"Wahh, you made her cry, ."

He looks behind him, realizing Byun Baekhyun, one of his close friends were there. He and Baekhyun had been friends since they joined the Music club. They were rivals, but they were also friends.

"It's not my fault." Kyungsoo says.

"Oh really? Then who is it?" Baekhyun sarcastically says.

"It's her fault, she approached me although she knows, she'll be ignored." Kyungsoo says smirking, knowing he wins and Baekhyun will shut up.

Baekhyun just agrees with annoyance. He was used to this side of Kyungsoo, the evil and sarcastic side of him. Then he smirks, "How's the party?"

Kyungsoo looks up, "How did you know about that?"

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "Duh, Chanyeol."

Byun Baekhyun is partners with Park Chanyeol, also a basketball player. They fell in love because Chanyeol joined as a guitarist at their music club. Then they got developed. Chanyeol was really talented and manage to join two clubs.

Park Chanyeol didn't go to the party, of course because Baekhyun didn't let him to. Instead they spend late night conversations at their bed, cuddling . Maybe it's just not conversations that happened, maybe something else.

Kyungsoo knows about this, Baekhyun won't shut up and tells him all the time. Kyungsoo was also the path that's why Baekhyun and Chanyeol became lovers, he was the messenger because Kyungsoo was Chanyeol's friend. Chanyeol had a crush on Kyungsoo, but of course Kyungsoo likes Jongin and he set up the tall guy to someone else, Baekhyun. They've been like best friends, but of course he has no hidden desire for Baekhyun, he almost drooled in that thought. Not Just like Jongin, he secretly loves him and Baekhyun knows this. As if, they share secrets to each other and they trust each other too, they were like Brothers.

"Oh right, It was okay." Answering Baekhyun's question, he remembers the night. Thinking of that girl again and thank God he will never see her again, he doesn't want his Jongin to be stolen , to be taken away from him. His Jongin? He chuckles at the statement. Jongin was never his. He didn't own him, he was just a bestfriend after all. But maybe in an alternate universe, he'll own Jongin then he'd be happy.

Baekhyun looked at him, looked at his expression. He knew it. "No you're not, something happened. I can see it on your face." He knew when Kyungsoo is lying, and Kyungsoo can't just a keep a secret from him.

"Fine, he met a girl. I mean we." Kyungsoo closes his locker annoyed and looks at Baekhyun. Making an annoyed expression.

Baekhyun giggles, covering his mouth.

"Why the hell are you laughing?" Kyungsoo's eyebrows furrowed.

"Because it's written all over your face." Baekhyun did a circle hand gesture pointing at Kyungsoo's face.

"What is?" Kyungsoo asked, completely curious and annoyed. He thought maybe Baekhyun is crazy again.

Baekhyun leans to Kyungsoo's ear and whispers. "Jealousy."

"I am not Jealous!" Kyungsoo shouts.

Baekhyun smirks and laughs. "Oh really? So defensive."

"I am not!!" Kyungsoo says, following Baekhyun, now walking away going to their class and yes they have the same first class. Kyungsoo was used to Baekhyun's teasing even though he's annoyed, it was just okay for him, it was like a routine for them both.

Meanwhile Kim Jongin, met his friends at the hallway. Sehun, Kris, Tao, Luhan and Lay.

"Hey man!' Jongin hi-5ed Sehun.

"Oh hey, how was it?" Sehun smirks and the others on ears, they were looking at Jongin.

"What base?" Kris says. The others just laughs except for Tao.

"What do you mean what base? Nothing happened." Jongin says calmly.

Kris widened his eyes. The others were silent. They didn't expect for Jongin to be like this, I mean he gets all the girls in one night. But honestly, Jongin was pretty decent. He was not like s who will prefer a one night stand.

"Why?" Luhan asks.

"We just accompanied her home and then we went to the hospital because I got into a fight."

"We?" Lay says.

"Yeah, me and Kyungsoo." Jongin nods.

"So you got into a fight with that dude who was holding her wrist like crazy?" Tao spoke.

Jongin just nods, and frustrated it feels like he've been accused of robbery and he was in a court, people asking him many questions.

"Oh fascinating." Luhan says touching Jongin's bandage, that is not really visible but Luhan seemed to see it.

"Oh I get it now, Kyungsoo is a er." Kris says touching his chin.

"No, he helped me to accompany Soojung and he brought me to the hospital." Jongin explains.

"Soojung?" Lay asks again.

"The girl." Jongin says.

"Kyungsoo is such a bestfriend." Sehun says cutely, teasing Jongin.

Jongin just smiles. Just then, Chanyeol came.

"Hey guys!" Chanyeol said.

"Man, it was a blast, we had so much fun, we drink till dawn, and Kris had a one night stand." Sehun says and Tao was looking down, a little pale.

"And I met someone." Jongin smiles.

"Yeah, too bad you can't joined. What did you do anyway?" Luhan questions the taller, Chanyeol blushes and they completely understand what had happened between Chanyeol and his lover, they knew about them. And they were completely okay with it. They accepted their friend and they've never seen Chanyeol this happy, when he's with Baekhyun.

It was silent in a few minutes, but then Chanyeol broke the silence.

"Oh I hear there's a transferee."

"Really? Is she pretty?" Kris says. Kris only cares about women and such so he always questions this.

"Uhm, actually yeah she is." Chanyeol nods. They understand that Chanyeol have seen the girl, maybe they have bumped to each other and such, but they didn't care how. Chanyeol was always smooth and knew about gossips, especially because of Baekhyun.

"So it's a girl?" Lay said.

"Of course it is dummy!" Luhan shouts, not too loud. Luhan got annoyed, yeah they were used to Lay like that. But Luhan was the most easily annoyed at the group. The others just laughed.

Chanyeol then turned to look into a direction and was shocked. "Oh there she is!" She pointed the girl.

A girl with long hair, pretty lips, dazzling eyes walked into the hallway.

Jongin then looked at the direction, completely shocked, his heart beating like crazy. He never thought he would see this person again. Maybe it's destiny. "Soojung?"

Kyungsoo goes to his class, and sits at the back. This was his third class and Baekhyun was not with him anymore. He was bored but still thinking about Jongin and how their hands touched while they were walking a while ago. It was somehow retentive for him.

He flashes a smile, and then it disappeared when he looked at the front, he saw a familiar girl by the door. How could he forget her? It's the girl who stole his beloved Jongin's heart. He frowned. He was shocked. What was she doing here? And just by seeing the girl wearing the school's uniform he has gone pale. She was studying here. She was a transferee.

He couldn't deny that school uniform looked good at her, probably anything looks good on her, even a rug. A little bit insecure he fixed his clothes and his specs. Looking at Krystal's direction. The girl was looking around the classroom then she glanced at Kyungsoo, she smiled.

. Kyungsoo whispered. Don't come near, don't come. Kyungsoo says in his mind.

But the girl went to him anyways.

"Um, hi!! Kyungsoo right?" Krystal says, smiling.

"Yeah, Hi Krystal?" Kyungsoo smiled back.

"Well, yeah that's me." She chuckles pointing to herself. "You're a student here?"

Well, yeah obviously. Kyungsoo thought. But instead he answers, "Yeah, you?"

"Well, yeah now." Krystal nods and smiles.

The bell rang and the professor was in the room. Krystal sat next to Kyungsoo. He was not okay with it but whatever.

The professor then introduced Krystal and the students were amazed of how beautiful she was. She was completely beautiful, like a goddess anyways. Kyungsoo frowned in that thought.

The class started, it was biology, it was a piece of cake for him, but he was fully distracted by Krystal. He looked at her and felt completely lost. The girl was so beautiful. Kyungsoo was so mesmerized by her beauty and he can understand why Jongin fell inlove with her.

Kyungsoo thought of not letting Jongin to see Krystal. He doesn't want for them to meet. The first thing he thinks about doing after the class is to run to Jongin. Krystal was really a burden to him and he wants Jongin for himself. Sounds selfish but  he loves him. He doesn't want to lose Jongin. Not now, not ever.

The bell then rings again and Krystal speaks to him, smiling and waving 'see you soon' he managed to fake a smile. He promised to run to Jongin after the class but it was like he was stuck in his chair, alone in the classroom. He was still shocked. Shocked about the happenings. When he flew back to reality, he ran to the canteen, it was break after all and he was to find Jongin.

He found Jongin's basketball friends but Jongin was not with them. Even though a little shy, he approached the boys and asked them. "Have you seen Jongin?" Kyungsoo pants.

"Oh hi Kyungsoo." Sehun says. He was sitting next to Luhan and his arms above the latter's shoulders.

"The man is with the goddess." Kris says. Pointing at Jongin and Krystal's direction.

Kyungsoo felt his heart dropped. Jongin was there with Krystal, accompanying her.

Jongin and Kyungsoo was supposed to have break together. They always did it together, it was like their thing, as best friends. But now there was Jongin with some girl, but not just with some girl, maybe his future girlfriend. Kyungsoo chuckles and almost teared up in that thought. He sits in an empty table, curled up, his head laying on his hands. He doesn't care if people sees him as a loner. He was invisible at their school after all, just a nerd. But when his with Jongin, he was someone else, he was just not some nerd. He was Kim Jongin's best friend and with that he felt special. Even though he was just a best friend, he felt special because he was with Jongin, the person he loves.

Just then he felt someone sat next to him.

"What's with the frown?" Chen says. Chen is also Kyungsoo's friend, they were part of Kyungsoo and Baekhyun's clique, which is the music club. Chen was the top singer of their club, but he was not intimidated by him. Chen was humble after all.

"Oh nothing." He shrugs. Minseok joins also a part of their clique and smiles. "Hi Kyungsoo. How was your summer?"

"Plain boring." Kyungsoo says, looking up.

"Why is that?" Chen says eating his spaghetti. Minseok just looks slurping his shake.

"It was fun to watch cat videos all day." He smiles sarcastically.

"Oh c'mon, maybe it was fun to have Jongin visiting your apartment all the time." He then sees Baekhyun joining them, Chanyeol tailing behind him. Chanyeol was suppose to have break with his basketball friends, with Kris, Sehun, Luhan, Lay and Tao but of course Baekhyun decides between them. He's the boss, Chanyeol thought.

Well, the clique knows all about Kyungsoo and Jongin, except Chanyeol. But maybe Chanyeol knows, he just doesn't speak up. Kyungsoo was obvious after all, clearly obvious.

Kyungsoo just rolls his eyes and he sees a girl infront of him.

"Here, Oppa. Eat well!" Sohyun then hands a sandwich and milk to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo just looks at it, having a bland expression. So Chen accepts it.

"Uh, Thank you Sohyun. We'll make sure Kyungsoo will." Chen says while nodding.

"Thank you Oppa." Sohyun bows at Chen then looks at Kyungsoo.

"Saranghae Kyungsoo Oppa!!" Sohyun shouts forming a heart by connecting her hands above her head, then she ran.

"Be nice to her!!" Chen says, Minseok nods.

Kyungsoo just chuckles, completely ignoring Sohyun. Then he saw something. He felt chills. He felt cold.

"Oh, what a painful sight." Baekhyun says. Looking at Jongin and Krystal's table, across their table. Krystal was feeding Jongin like a baby and of course Jongin was very happy.

Kyungsoo holds back his tears. He felt his chest tightened, his heart was like dead. He just looks at them. Looking at how sweet they were. Other people were looking at them too. Of course Jongin was popular, and maybe the girl will soon be too, not just because she's pretty but because she will be Kim Jongin's girlfriend.

Jongin looked at his direction. Extremely happy eating french fries that Krystal fed him. Jongin mouthes a sorry and he smiles. Saying as if he was sorry because they were suppose to have lunch together, but he's happy with Krystal. Jongin then invites him, gesturing his hands means to 'come here.'

But Kyungsoo ran, his tears streaming down his face. Baekhyun shouts his name, but he ran, it was as if he heard nothing, just silence. He felt pain. He went to the comfort room and he went to the last cubicle and there he cried. He cried and cried, he hits his chest.

"What's the matter with you? Pain go away." He says while crying, his voice was pitiful. He hits his chest repeatedly. He sobs.

"Why is it have to be you Kim Jongin?" Kyungsoo says looking at the ceiling. He sits at the corner of the cubicle, curled up, he hugged his knees.

Kyungsoo continues to cry, as if he wants to cry endlessly until the pain he feels goes away.

 

Its just been a week. A week full of pain for Kyungsoo, not just because of dump school paper work but also because of Kim Jongin.

Jongin and Krystal have been hanging out recently that resulted Jongin and Kyungsoo's lack of communication. They haven't talked. Sure, they saw each other on the hallways. Kyungsoo's secret glances and Jongin greeting him but they haven't casually talked, especially because they have different classes. Kyungsoo has more advanced classes than Jongin, being the genius he is, while Jongin had more curricular actives like basketball and dance classes.

The students also have been chattering about the two, about Jongin and Krystal and it was making Kyungsoo irritated, really irritated. There was one time their clique was blabbering about how cute Jongin and Krystal looks and that made Kyungsoo walked out and upset.

He also caught Jongin and Krystal holding hands on hallways. It was endless pain and tears for him. He was brokenhearted, but even though he is, he still managed to focus on his studies, also on his singing, especially with the help of Byun Baekhyun, who will always cheer him up.

Jongin was happy. Jongin's heart couldn't be more full with joy. Just seeing Krystal, makes his day complete. It was as if she was a requirement to fill up Jongin's heart. Being the lover boy he is, he made a move for them to be closer. Krystal was nice to hang out with him too. They were getting along well, that day on the canteen made him so blissfully happy. He finally saw her cheerful side, that made him fall inlove with her more and more. They had most of the same classes, and of course sneaky Jongin will sit next to Krystal and Krystal would just laugh at him because of how cute he was. Jongin became more playful because, he became more vibrant. He tickles her sometimes and she revenges by tickling Jongin too. There were plenty of times Jongin wanted to hold her hand, but he was scared and his palms were sweaty but then one day they were on their lockers and exchanging jokes, they were both laughing and Jongin suddenly touched Krystal's hand. Then he pulled it out because he was too shy, blushing. Krystal found it cute and instead he held the latter's hand, Jongin was amazed and shocked but Krystal just smiled then they walked by the hallways. They didn't care what other people think, they just thought of how their hands perfectly intertwined.

One day when Jongin accompanied Krystal home, he passed by at a little playground. He then smiles when he saw a boy who was sitting on a swing set. It was the same boy he saw when he moved to town. He smiled reminiscing the memories.

Flashback

A cute little fair boy was sad sitting alone in a swing set. He was watching the other children play on the seesaw, the monkey bar and the slide.

"Seems like no one wants to play with me." He thought and that resulted for him to frown and silently he cried.

He looks down and minutes later he saw a hand in front of him, a hand offering a handkerchief. He looked up to see tanned little boy smiling at him. He was dumbfounded. He didn't know what to do and he felt awkward because he didn't know this boy at all. 

Feeling the awkwardness the tanned boy spoke, "Why are you crying?" he said. He puts the handkerchief on the hands of the lonely boy.

"No one wants to play with me." The fair boy said, pouting, still looking down.

With that the tanned boy smiled widely. "I'll play with you." He mumbled. Then the tanned boy went behind him and began swinging the swing set which made the fair boy surprised, that made his hands grabbed the swing's handle tighter.

Slowly and slowly the fair boy's swing rocked faster, that made him high and high he can see the clouds, he had always admired the clouds and he calls them cotton candy, referring to the cumulus clouds. 

"The sky is so pretty." He stated. The tanned boy just smiled and with that he stopped swinging the swing.

"I should go." The tanned boy said, smiling.

The fair boy frowned, he wants to have more fun with this boy, with this stranger and so he frowns.

"Don't be sad we'll see each other soon. I've moved here."

Kyungsoo gleams in happiness, resulting a little smile on the corner of his lips.

"My name is Jongin. What's yours?" The tanned boy said offering his hand for a handshake.

"K-Kyungsoo." The fair boy stutters and kindly accepts Jongin's hand. They've waved goodbye and that moment Kyungsoo was lonely again.

Awkwardly he didn't know why he was feeling warm inside maybe he was hot or maybe he was hungry. But he only just smiles, thinking of this tanned boy and how he badly wants to see him again. When he went home, he saw his mom with some new neighbors and there he saw the tanned boy. He smiled and was full of happiness. The tanned boy smiled back too and that moment they both knew that they will be someone special in each other's life.

Jongin went to the boy sitting on the swing set. He went behind him and he surprised him by swinging the swing in a faster pace.

"Jongin!!!" Kyungsoo shouts and Jongin just laughs.

"You savage." Kyungsoo grins.

Now this made Jongin overwhelmed, he thought Kyungsoo was mad at him. Starting at the canteen when he ran away when he gestures the latter to come to them. He was puzzled but his friends said that Kyungsoo was probably in a bad mood so he shrugged the worried feeling. Now, he couldn't be more happy to see his hyung.

"Hyung are you mad?" Jongin asks, looking down.

Kyungsoo felt a heavy feeling. He realizes, he was not mad because he saw his dongsaeng again and he was overwhelmed and happy.

"No, what made you think that?" He says smiling, trying to not look feeble.

"No reason." Jongin states still looking down, making circles with his feet, feeling a little bit awkward. He shrugs it off and he hurriedly hugged his hyung, tightly.

Kyungsoo was flabbergasted. He was taken aback that his heart was going crazy again and he felt this heavy feeling again, and with Jongin hugging him, the feeling got heavier.

Kyungsoo hugs Jongin back and he smiles a little, patting the younger's back.

"I missed you Hyung." Jongin mumbles.

Kyungsoo was again surprised and those words brought his heart come back to live again but at the same time he felt pain.

"I missed you too." Kyungsoo says letting go.

"Hyung I have a lot of stories for you." Jongin smiles.

Jongin sat at the swing beside Kyungsoo and there they chatted. Jongin questions but Kyunsoo just insists of him to tell his stories because he has nothing to tell, his plain life was boring and more of him complaining. Jongin talked about him and Krystal and how he was happy when he's with her. Kyungsoo just looked at him, and looked how he was so excited Jongin is telling him their stories, referring to him and Krystal. Just a while ago he was happy just because of Jongin's presence. It feels like he wasn't empty anymore like a few days ago, but then here he was again, listening to Jongin's stories about her. Kyungsoo managed to smile even though inside he was hurting. It made Kyungsoo flaming jealous but it wasn't obvious. Jongin was too oblivious to know. Of course, Kyungsoo was his bestfriend. Jongin thought Kyungsoo will be happy for him and so he shared everything to his best friend and suddenly he thinks of an idea, he brightens up.

"Hyung, I'm thinking." Jongin says. Kyungsoo just nods meaning for Jongin to continue.

"I'm thinking of asking her to be my girlfriend." Jongin says, smiling, excited.

That almost made Kyungsoo to fell off his swing, those words was like piercing through him, that the pain he thought that gone away was now back, again.