Chapter 3

Lady Luck

Jongin and Kyungsoo was there at the school's courtyard. There Jongin carried a bouquet of red roses and chocolates in a heart shaped box. Him and Kyungsoo have bought those and Jongin asks advice for Kyungsoo, it was really painful for Kyungsoo but Of course it was Jongin. He'll help him no matter what, even though it will be painful for him, anything, because he loved Jongin. Jongin was grateful because Kyungsoo was always there for him,he tried many times to convince Kyungsoo to help him, and for the 20th time, Kyungsoo agreed. He couldn't resists Jongin. There they waited for Krystal, because Jongin will surprise her, and of course ask her to be his girl friend in front of everybody, in front of Kyungsoo. Jongin wanted his courting to be special and he was not like the other guys who just kissed a girl and then bam, they're dating. Well, yes he is, before, but now he was madly inlove with Krystal Jung, and he wanted her, that's why he planned this, to make everything official.

 

"She's here." Sehun ran and whispers, to signal Jongin to get ready and there Kyungsoo just stood, watching how Jongin was so excited and nervous.

Jongin walks back and forth in a faster pace, and was sweating too. Kyungsoo wipes Jongin's temple, seeing the drops of sweat below the taller's forehead. He blushed, realizing what he just did, but Jongin didn't even noticed it. He was too busy, thinking of Krystal.

"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo said.

Jongin looks at him with a worried look. "N-No, hyung." He says with a frustrated tune. "What if s-she says no, what if s-she doesn't want to be my girlfriend." He stutters.

Kyungsoo looks at him, with a small smile on his lips. "Don't worry Jongin. It will be fine, she'll say yes and if she says no, then , it's her loss." Jongin was pouting, and Kyungsoo continued. "You can find someone else, who'll love you back." Like me. Kyungsoo explains.

Jongin just smiled and then Krystal was there standing by the door. Jongin was really nervous, not knowing what to do. His basketball friends were there too, and Kyungsoo's friends, also the whole student buddy was there.

Jongin approached Krystal, he was shaking, holding the bouquet and the chocolates. Krystal's eyes widened in shock. "What's all these?" Krystal says, looking around. There were many people now, looking and gossiping about what's happening, whispering about them. There Jongin and Krystal stood at the floor, wherein there were petals of  roses shaped by a heart, Jongin was really serious and prepared for this.

"I-I uhhh uhmm." Jongin stutters, looking down. Krystal finds this cute and she giggled. She held Jongin's chin, for the boy to look up. "What is it Jongin?" Krystal giggles again. Jongin hands her the bouquet and chocolates. He looked at Sehun, Kris, Luhan, Tao and Yixing signing for him to man up, because there with Krystal he looked so vulnerable, because he was so shy and damn his heart was leaping, it was like in no time, it's gonna come right out of his chest.

Krystal then stares at the bouquet, admiring them. Then she looks up to Jongin again, who is now staring at her. Finally, Jongin finds the words to say. "Krystal Jung, I like you. I like your eyes, your nose, your lips, the way you laugh at my corny jokes, the way you hold my hand, the way you make me so happy even I'm in a bad mood, the way you make my heart beats so fast."

Kyungsoo just looks, and it was like he was frozen, holding back his tears. Jongin continues. "It's crazy. I can't stop thinking about you, just thinking about you makes me so warm inside. This addicting feeling came upon me, the first time I saw you. I've never believed in love at first sight, but now I do, because you came. Krystal Jung happened to enter my life. Now, I just want two things. I want you and I want us. Krystal Jung, will you be my girlfriend?"

Krystal was shocked and her heart was beating like crazy, just by looking at this man. This man who was inlike with her, or probably who was inlove with her. With that, she cried, cried of too much joy. She still managed to answer. "Y-Yes, Jongin." She cries while smiling, and damn she didn't care if she looks like while crying, what matters is she looks the most beautiful on Jongin's eyes.

And there was Kyungsoo just standing at the corner, holding back his tears, while the others were clapping and whistling. It was loud and he can't hear anything, except for his heart breaking, which defenitely deafened him. Krystal and Jongin hugged. Kyungsoo was holding back, trying to look strong. You can do it, Do not cry, do not cry. He thought, but then he failed when Jongin and Krystal kissed, a quick and chaste kiss. There, in front of everybody and it was like his heart dropped, with his tears. He sobs, but easily wipes his tears aggressively at his cheeks. He claps and flashed a smile, a fake smile.

Jongin jumps and approached his hyung. Kyungsoo then fixed his face, well, he looked like he cried. "Thank you Hyung." Jongin says, in a wide smile.

Kyungsoo then says, "I'm happy for you, Jongin." He flashes a smile.




 

After the grand proposal, Jongin and Krystal was often seen at school together, they were not afraid to show their love for each other, especially Jongin. They were holding hands, but not kissing though, because Krystal was shy, it was awkward of course, especially at their school, they are many students who likes to gossip. Jongin felt the happiest man alive, because finally he had caught Krystal's heart, even though Krystal was a bit stubborn, he tries to understand the lady. Krystal was also the jealous type, who will easily gets jealous, even in the smallest things, like if Jongin was talking way too long to a girl, this made Jongin uncomfortable, but he shrugs it off, and tries to follow Krystal. Krystal was also strict, he will not let Jongin go on parties late at night, it made Jongin upset, but he loves her, so he tried to be okay with her attitude.

One day,  Jongin brought Krystal to his house and planned to introduce her to his parents, but they had the wrong timing, Jongin's parents were not there again. Jongin was dissappointed but to Krystal it was okay. So, instead Krystal brought Jongin to meet her parents and her sister. Krystal was filthy rich, and it made Jongin looked miserable, yes they were rich, but Krystal was too rich. So, he felt intimidated. Krystal's parents, looked at him as if he was a rat, he was too small for him, her sister, Jessica was nice though. They had dinner, and there he found out that Krystal and Myungsoo was in an arrange marriage. Krystal's parents was not informed of Krystal and Myungsoo breakup.

"Me and Myungsoo broke up." Krystal says standing up, hitting the table with her hand, showing annoyance. That made her parents shout at her, and it brought the girl in tears. She walked out and Jongin followed her, apologizing and bowing to her parents and sister.

There he saw her crying, at a small bench, at their garden. He then sits besides her, and hugs her, she was sobbing, her face covered in tears. "They don't understand. They never do." She cries, burying her face in Jongin's chest. "They keep on pushing me to Myungsoo, but his not the one I love."

"Hush now." Jongin says caressing her cheeks, kissing the top of her head.

"I love you, Jongin." Krystal says looking up.

"I love you too, Krystal Jung." He then pulled her for a passionate kiss.

 

While Kyungsoo, it was countless nights of crying for him, it made him depressed. His heart was like hammered countless times, his love was so deep for Jongin. His heart was aching that it felt too much pain, and he was so tired of this ache, he wants it to go away. He doesn't want to feel like this anymore. Curse Kim Jongin, for making him feel like this. Loving him, was like breathing, how can he even stop?

Byun Baekhyun and his clique then motivated for him to move on. To forget Jongin, to love Jongin just as a best friend, but it was too hard for him. Jongin was his first love and probably his last.

Until one day, a man was introduced to him, a new member of their music club.

"This is Kyungsoo, he's a vocal." Baekhyun says, pointing to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo slighty smiles, waving at the new member.

"Hey Kyungsoo, I'm Suho."

Suho and Kyungsoo got close in a swift. Suho was really nice to him, and this made Kyungsoo, overwhelmed by the kindness of the latter. Suho was always greeting him, asking him if he was okay, always concern for him and always cared for him. This made Kyungsoo a little bit, suspicious and astounded, because they only have met each other a few weeks ago.

Until One day, Suho was walking Kyungsoo home and they were having a casual talk.

"Kyungsoo, have you ever fallen inlove with a guy?" Suho asked, his prying eyes looking at Kyungsoo.

He has always find Kyungsoo attractive. Just seeing him, made his heart beat rapidly, and he was allured by the smaller's milky white skin, big doe eyes and his heart shaped inviting lips.

Kyungsoo chuckled. Of course, he did and he still is. Jongin was his first love and probably his last because his love was unmeasured for the younger. Jongin was really special to him, he thought of him as his other half but sadly Jongin doesn't thinks the same.

Kyungsoo glanced at Suho. "What make you ask that question?" He said in a shocking tone.

"I-I'm just curious." Suho stuttered, averting Kyungsoo's gaze.

"Oh, I have." Kyungsoo just nodded, looking to the direction they're headed to.

Suho gulped. "Really, what happened?"

Unfortunately, he likes someone else. Even though I was the one who've been there for him all these years. Kyungsoo thought.

"Let's not talk about it." Kyungsoo just said in a pleasing tone.

"Oh, but I have something to say to you." Suho stopped and staring into Kyungsoo's eyes. Kyungsoo was taken aback by Suho's hand holding his. Kyungsoo didn't spoke, he just stared. He thinks he knows what it is, his cheeks heated.

"I-I. I-." Suho was still staring at Kyungsoo, trying to find his words.

"What is it?" Kyungsoo blurted out, Suho was still holding his hand. He took a glimpse of it then he let go.

"I like you." He hurriedly said. He was amused he had confess. He was frozen in his place, his cheeks turning red.

Kyungsoo was jolted, his jaw clenched. He feels his heartbeat racing.

"Wha-" Suho cut him off with a sentence. "Before you can say anything. I know that you probably don't feel the same way, but I'm here to risk it all for you. I don't even know If I just like you or maybe I'm inlove with you. I'm confused. But here I am confessing to you."

"But Wh-Why me?" Kyungsoo said with his wide eyes.

"I like you because you're you, you're Do Kyungsoo and I think everything about you is perfect. Even your flaws makes you beautiful, and I admire you for that." Suho smiles and Kyungsoo managed to smile back. 
 

And here he is at his 2nd class sitting with Baekhyun, reminiscing what happened yesterday. There professor was not around. The class was so noisy, but Kyungsoo was enveloped in his own bubble looking outside the window. Baekhyun tries to calls out for his name but he never answers, so Baekhyun decided to sit next to him.

"What the hell happened?" Baekhyun looks at his friend, holding a ruffled piece of paper.

Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun, having a uncomfortable look. "Suho confessed to me." He was actually pretty nervous of what would Baekhyun say, but he was surprised of Baekhyun's answer.

Baekhyun throws his hands in the air. "Oh, finally." He grins.

"What the Byun Baekhyun? You knew?" Kyungsoo said, frustrated. He felt betrayed.

"I actually encouraged him to confess to you." Baekhyun said in a mischievous smile, creating a peace sign with his hands.

Kyungsoo answers by rolling his eyes. Oh come on, Kyungsoo? Give him a chance." Baekhyun said looking at the boy who's staring outside the window again. Kyungsoo pursed his lips.

"Kyungsoo, this is your chance." Baekhyun said convincing the other.

"Chance for what?" Kyungsoo glares.

"A chance to have a lovelife. A chance to have an actual boyfriend who loves you, and not just a fantasy. So please, let people come into your life and don't bother about that someone who thinks of you just as his bestfriend." Baekhyun explains, emphasizing the word, Bestfriend.

Kyungsoo bitterly smiles. Maybe it is the time, the time for him to be happy. To actually be happy, to love someone who'll love him back, and not just as a bestfriend, but of course as his significant other. He wants to feel special and be loved. He wants someone who can hold him whenever he's vulnerable and who'll think he's the most precious gem in the world. He was a hopeless romantic, but only for Jongin

Suho and Kyungsoo was at the garden, at the break, eating burgers. They were more comfortable at the garden, they felt like they were alone and they felt more unconscious with  their surroundings. It was more peaceful and calm.

While Kyungsoo was eating, his face looking squishy from eating, Suho just stares at him, smiling.

"What?" Kyungsoo mutters.

"You just. You just look so cute." And with that Kyungsoo blushes.

After they ate, Suho was eager to ask Kyungsoo what he has been planning all night. He was pacing back and forth at midnight, thinking about if he should do it or not and finally here he is.

"Kyungsoo, would you go out with me?" He rubs the back of his neck. "I mean, let's go on a date." Suho looks down, embarrassed. What if Kyungsoo rejects him?

Kyungsoo was amused then he smiled, holding Suho's hand, making the older's cheeks pink. "Sure."

"Really?" Suho jumps in joy and Kyungsoo just laughs at this sight. Suho didn't know what's gotten into him but then he kissed the latter. A simple and chaste kiss. After they pulled away, they look at each other shyly and blushes and Kyungsoo gestures his hand that it's okay. He was actually feeling warm inside and this was his first kiss, actually reserved for Jongin. But no matter what, that'll never happen, so maybe, it was really a sign to love again, to love someone who'll love him back. Then he'll let Jongin go, to be happy with Krystal and maybe someday he'll feel free. Free from the spell Jongin has cursed him, to make him fall truly deeply inlove with him. There he haves a little hope. 

Kyungsoo was looking at himself at the mirror, trying many outfits, looking for what is perfect. Suho and he will go on the carnival, they have arranged that they will meet there 7pm. 10 minutes more and it's 7, and he hasn't even picked an outfit yet. He was too galvanized and antsy. He wants their date to be memorable and perfect.

"Oh screw it, just this sweater." He looks at the sweater and realized this was the sweater when Jongin has asked him to go the party, where Jongin's arms was placed. He sniffed the sweater and he smelled Jongin's scent. He immediately pulled it off and set it aside the closet. For this date, he doesn't want to remember Jongin. This should be a fresh start for him, to move on and to finally find new love.

Just then his phone rings, he got chills and was nervous again. He didn't even have picked an outfit yet. He doesn't know if he'll lie or not, if he'll say his on his way or at his home yet. He  just went to his bedside table, and looked at his phone and there he felt his heart, it was aching again, and there he saw Suho wasn't calling, it was Jongin.

Even with tremulous hands, he managed to pick his phone up and answer it.

"H-Hello?" He stutters and hear his bestfriend sobbing.

"Hyung." Jongin sniffs. Weakness came upon his voice. He sobs.

"What happened, huh?" Kyungsoo worries. He sits on his bed.

"Krystal and I had a fight."  Tears escapes from his eyes.

Kyungsoo didn't even bother to ask what happened. He remained silent and listened to Jongin crying and with that he cried as well. He doesn't want to see Jongin in pain.

"Hush now, I'm here. It will be okay, Jongin. Trust me." He says assuring Jongin. He holds both of his hands, calming himself as well.

"Whatever it is, just talk about it tomorrow and make everything okay." Yes it hurts for him to advice this way, he really do wants to Krystal and Jongin to break up but he wants Jongin to be happy and it was the first time Jongin was this happy with Krystal.

"I don't wanna lose her, Hyung." He sobs. "I-I love her."

Kyungsoo froze. He felt like he was gonna collapsed any minute, because his heart just exploded, exploded from pain. He keeps saying to himself to endure the pain because Jongin needs him.

"Shh. She loves you too. Don't worry. I'm here. Just cry it out." Jongin cries and Kyungsoo can hear, and can feel his pain. He cries as well, silently, little droplets of water invading his eyes. He keeps shushing Jongin, assuring the latter that he's there for him.

And here he is, he was suppose to go with Suho for their date but he's now with Jongin at the phone, consoling him. He realizes that he just couldn't resists Jongin. He probably can't move on. He was probably stuck. He was just so inlove with Jongin that eventhough it hurts him so freaking much. He will do anything for his bestfriend.

Jongin and Krystal were okay now, they have been together for months already. They were strong but were stable. Krystal found their relationship, a little bit monotonous, but Jongin was trying to work it out. Krystal has forgot a lot of things about their relationship, just like their monthsary. Jongin actually prepared a surprise for the lady, but Krystal didn't quite appreciated it. Jongin was really upset about their issue, but he shrugged it off because he loves Krystal.

Jongin then noticed that Krystal was being really close to this soccer player, Taemin. He is actually a famous and skilled soccer player, and a good dancer too. Krystal have noticed him, just not long ago. She actually eyed him since she came to the school. One day they bumped into each other into the library.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Taemin said while helping Krystal getting her books on the floor.

Krystal then glanced at the boy, and she immediately got attracted. "I-It's O-Okay." she stuttered.

Taemin looked at her, and there was a tense atmosphere. Taemin brushed off the hair that was covering Krystal's face then they both beamed at each other.

They stood up, shaking each other's hands. 

"I'm Taemin." Taemin stated while still looking at Krystal intensely.

Krystal somehow felt that her cheeks were flushing red, so she bowed to the latter and ran away. She was embarrassed and really awkward. She also was hoping to see him again. She couldn't understand her feelings but she was sure, that she wants to see him badly, and to get lost in his eyes again.

She then bumped into someone.

"Oh hi Krystal!" He waved.

"Kyungsoo!" She smiled.

Kyungsoo then looked at her, and think how did Jongin fall inlove with her. It hurt him how beautiful Krystal was and just by simply smiling at him, he knows that Jongin probably loves this smile. Jongin was probably the reason behind her smiles. Krystal was Jongin's sunshine and he just wants to be Jongin's sunshine too.

"So, where's Jongin?" Kyungsoo said while examining the place.

Krystal was really avoiding Jongin. They didn't have an argument but it seems like she needed space. She was bored. Bored of their relationship and she couldn't admit, that she was actually bored of him.

"Uh, I don't know actually." She exerted his gaze by looking down.

"Is everything okay between you two??" Kyungsoo muttered. Jongin wasn't telling him updates about their relationship since that phone call he received.

"We're pretty okay, I guess." She said while pursing her lips, trying to avoid Kyungsoo's question and choice of topic. "I'll be going now, see you Kyungsoo!" She walked out, smiling. 

Now, Kyungsoo after the phone call he received. He was upset, really upset. Maybe he was suppose to be happy because they probably will break up? But no, he doesn't want to hear Jongin's sobs, to hear him crying. He just wants to break down as well. He just wants to hug Jongin until he had no pain to feel left. He wants to let Jongin know that he will be there for him even in his vulnerable times. Kyungsoo wishes for Jongin to open his eyes. For Jongin to see, the person who is actually there for him, who actually loves him but Jongin was too blind to realize.

Kyungsoo was at his locker until he felt someone's presence beside him. He knew who it was so he spoke to the person, by not even glancing.

"Sohyun, just stop. When will you ever learn?" He hitches.

"Sohyun??" He then widen his eyes, when he hears a man's voice.

"Junmyeon??" He then felt nervous because of course he ditched him. He felt mortified. He wants to cover his face and hide, but that would obviously be stupid to do now.

"So what happened?" He wasn't able to text him or call him because he cried as well, Jongin being the reason again.

"I-I'm sorry, Baekhyun called me and.. He needed help with homework." He faltered.

"Really? Well, I just talked to Baekhyun." Oh , what now??

"Uhm..." He looked down playing with his fingers. He just wants the ground to swallow him right now to save him from this embarrassment.

"It's fine. Really whatever the reason is its fine. I understand." Junmyeon assured.

Kyungsoo looks up, smiling awkwardly. "Sorry." He pouted. He was feeling more guilty because the man was being so understanding.

"On one condition." Junmyeon wiggled his eyebrows, looking through Kyungsoo's eyes which made the smaller's cheeks pink.

"Let's have a proper date again, this weekend." He said, while smiling. This made Kyungsoo's heart beat faster. He felt tiny pinches in his heart.

"O...kay." There he stopped himself from beaming to wide but he was actually feeling warm inside and he can't control it. So he just smiled visibly to the corner of his lips.

Suho then leaned on and kissed his forehead. This made Kyungsoo shocked, he didn't expected that move. His mouth forming an 'O'.

"This weekend then." Junmyeon said while holding Kyungsoo's hand.

"This weekend." Kyungsoo nodded. 

While Jongin, he was with his squad or basketball friends. They were talking about Krystal at the courtyard and Jongin feels so uneasy. He feels this heavy feeling just by hearing her name. He feels so lost, he can't even understand her. He noticed that she always ignores him.

"Maybe you didn't do your game man." Kris said while sitting at the bench, cigarette between his lips.

"Dude, I respect her." Jongin states, having an assuring tone.

"Huh, or maybe she just wants to be ed by somebody else." Kris chuckles and the statement made Jongin furious. Jongin was about to puch Kris but luckily Sehun and Luhan held him back.

"Guys!! Stop!!" Tao managed to scream, and the other guys stopped.

"Chill man, Kris was just joking." Sehun says holding Jongin's shoulder.

"Doesn't sound like a joke to me." He whispers and Kris just walks out, completely avoiding him.

"We'll deal with him later, now let's talk about you and her. What happened?" Luhan says changing the tense atmosphere.

"Nothing happened, she just ignores me now." He looks down, remembering how he chased her and how they fought over the phone about small things. Krystal was always holding grudges and she was the type to be mad easily.

"Have you talked to her??" Lay adds.

"Yeah, but she totally avoids the topic. What should I do man?" Jongin asks, completely confused.

"Maybe you should ask your best friend some advice. After all, he's good at it." Tao suggests.

Jongin liked the idea, and it was like a light bulb popped up above his head. He actually missed his best friend and they haven't talked for long. Kyungsoo was his strength and Kyungsoo was also his weakness. His bestfriend is the person, who will accept him no matter what and he's just grateful for that. So Jongin, thanked the guys and went to find Kyungsoo. He was actually excited because he missed him, very much.

What he didn't know is what he witnessed. Until he found him, he was walking through the hallway, to Kyungsoo's locker, only to see Junmyeon kissing his bestfriend's forehead. He felt uneasy. He didn't know what to feel. He had never seen his bestfriend in intimate relationships. He was curious, deep down he was feeling so heavy in his gut and he couldn't understand. He moved backward and hid into behind someone's locker. He waited for the man to be gone, and when Junmyeon disappeared. He approached Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo was surprised to see Jongin again, he missed him. He missed how Jongin backhugs him after classes. He missed how Jongin tells him his corny jokes, but he laughs anyway. Kyungsoo missed Jongin alot that seeing him now, really hurt and his heart was aching. It was a beautiful ache that he wants to feel again, and he won't be tired until Jongin was the reason of this aches.

"So..hi?" Kyungsoo managed to say after the awkward silence.

"I missed you." Jongin blurts out and hugged the latter tightly.

"Well, yeah I missed you too, but loosened up a bit. I can't breathe." Kyungsoo muffled because Jongin was hugging him too tight. He was really okay about it, because he missed the latter too but he thinks he'll probably break down in his arms. Because Oh God, he missed him, his scent was addicting that he never wants to let go anymore, but he should for Jongin is not his, and he is somebody else's property.

Jongin changed his expression to a disappointing look. Kyungsoo was curious and worried, probably about Krystal again but he was wrong when the Jongin finally found his words.

"You and Junmyeon?" Jongin says with a scrunchy look, pouting.

There, he feels his heart beating rapidly. He feels that Jongin must be jealous, there's hope, but there was also the side of him that maybe Jongin was just concerned of him. He couldn't assume, but maybe, just now, he wants to feel Jongin to love him not as a bestfriend but more than that.