Chapter 5

Lady Luck



Dings of people trying their luck at various booths, smells of all the different foods mixing together, bright lights, loud colors, moving objects, ticket lines.

 

Kyungsoo happily planned their trip and escapades. He decided that on the first day they'll go to the Carnival. They went there at the afternoon and there they ate lunch. Kyungsoo silently watches while Jongin eats the cotton candy that he bought for the latter. Jongin was smiling so brightly, but Kyungsoo knows that this is just his facade. 

 

"So, let's go?" Kyungsoo says, holding Jongin's hand. With Kyungsoo's action, Jongin immediately looked up, shocked. Kyungsoo immediately got embarrassed from what he did and pulled his hand away from the latter's.

"I.. uh.. sorry a-about that. I was excited." Kyungsoo says while looking down, his cheeks flushed. 

"Let's go." Jongin chuckles and held Kyungsoo's hand. 

 

Kyungsoo's heart raced and he thinks that he was probably so red right now but he didn't care. Seeing Jongin and his hands together, made him all giddy inside and he didn't want to let go of Jongin's hand. It may sound cliche and all but he thinks that their hands perfectly fit together. It somehow raised Kyungsoo's hope, that maybe there's still a chance. A chance for him and Jongin.

They rode the Viking for their first ride. Jongin was dying to try the ride and Kyungsoo was obviously nervous. When the ride started, Kyungsoo's stomach churns. He closed his eyes and clenched his fist but he was taken aback when Jongin again holds his hand and smiles at him. Just seeing Jongin's smile made everything better but It also made his stomach and body go crazy.

He didn't know why Jongin was acting this way. But he didn't care, the thumping of his heart that will probably ripped out his chest is just too distracting.

They went on various of rides and Jongin seemed to be visibly cheerful. He was giggling and well, holding Kyungsoo's hand way too often. Kyungsoo can feel his sweaty palms. But with all that, he was just happy to be with Jongin.

It was called a day and they went home.

"Glad you had fun today." Kyungsoo shyly said, looking down, playing with his thumbs.

"It was fun to be with you Hyung. Good night." Jongin smiled, a real genuine smile. 




 

Day after that, Kyungsoo and Jongin went to a beach. No one seems to go there, well except Kyungsoo because it is his happy place. This is where he thinks, and contemplate about his life, pretty depressing.

The sea was like a rippling blanket of brochure-blue. The horizon was a line of nickel silver. The sound of waves soothing.

Jongin throwing little pebbles at the water expecting a rippling reaction but only fails. He frowns.

They felt the cool breeze, sitting on the sand. 

They only sat there, just pure silence.

Admiring the glow with the last orange rays for the day, the sun sets. Kyungsoo smiles. Jongin then moves closer so that he feels Kyungsoo's presence, yet stays quiet, leaning his head in Kyungsoo's shoulder.

They just stayed their for moments. Jongin was hearing the relaxing percussion of waves while Kyungsoo was hearing the loud beating of his heart. 




 

Their last day after school starts again, they spend their morning together in bed. Jongin didn't mind to sleep at the same bed with his Hyung. But to Kyungsoo it was a big deal. He even woke up early and brushed his teeth so that the latter wouldn't be so turned off with his morning breath.

The sheets engulfed them and Jongin was hugging his hyung. Kyungsoo stared and stared and stared. Just looking at how Jongin's tan skin glow by the sunlight, his plump lips and his very long lashes. Jongin absolutely looked so beautiful. He looked like a masterpiece and he loved every bit of Jongin's face. He then traces the younger's face.

The younger was awaken. He slightly smiles.

"Good Morning, Jongin-ah." Kyungsoo smiles back.

"Mhm, morning hyung."

Jongin nuzzles into Kyungsoo's neck.

Kim Jongin, you need to stop on doing strange things to my heart.

 

After there cuddling sessions, Kyungsoo eventually managed to cook some breakfast for them. He settled for pancakes and Jongin always loved pancakes. The aroma was just too alluring.

Jongin happily eats his pancakes, adding some honey syrup on.

Jongin then had honey syrup all over his upper lip and Kyungsoo can't help but giggle. He reaches over the younger's lip and wiped it.

Jongin looks down and was kind of red??

Kyungsoo didn't noticed though. 




 

While Kyungsoo was washing the dishes, Jongin was watching TV.

Kyungsoo was busy humming a tune that was Jongin's favorite song when his phone rang, the name Baekhyun calling. He quickly answers it, going far away from Jongin.

"Hello?"

"Kyungsoo, where are you? Come on let's go out."

"Uhm, I can't." Kyungsoo said wiping his free hand through his apron.

"Why?" Baekhyun sneered.

"Because I'm with Jongin."

Baekhyun almost choked. "What? I don't wanna know the story. You're probably acting like a martyr again but have you confessed?"

"Wh-Wh-Why would I do that?"

"Well, Come on Kyung, you probably spent your 3 days with him, I can tell so why just confess? You know? It looks like a good timing. And Yeah, he's not with Krystal anymore so Soo.. this is it."

Kyungsoo then hesitates for a moment. Baekhyun was really good at knowing him because he predicted it already. But he thinks that it's not a bad idea after all and these days, he felt like Jongin might love him too. So, why just give it a try?

He then gives himself a pep talk and after uncountable paces, he approached Jongin. 

 

"Jongin. I-I have something to tell you."

Jongin then turns off the TV, completely looking up to his hyung. 

 

"I just wanted you to know that I will always be here for you no matter what. And these days, I think I should tell you.."

How I feel about you.

"What is it Hyung?" Jongin innocently says.

"I-I lov-love"

This is it, he's finally gonna tell his feelings. He didn't even care of what Jongin will say. It just felt so right to tell him today, it's perfect.

His heart was hoping. Hoping. Hoping, that Jongin loves him too. 













 

But then the doorbell rings.

Who is this er? Kyungsoo says inside his head.

"Wait a minute." He says, his mood ruined but not quite.

He opened the door and saw that person who he was least expecting at that time. 





 

"Krystal?"

"Hey Soo. Is Jongin there?"

 

 

Krystal looks at the sleeping man beside him.

Taemin.

She looks at him. and hears him snoring. Strange.

She woke up feeling a little strange after she and Taemin spent their night together. It was unexpected. Their night were full of moans, the sound of slapping of skin against skin, sloppy kisses and whispering of incoherent words. She covers herself beneath the sheets.

She thought she loved him, but why?

Why isn't she feeling anything at all?

Why doesn't she feel giddy inside?

Why doesn't she feel loved and in love?

Why does her heart remain steady in its beats?

She then remembers a strong pair of arms who used to hug her, a man who caresses her cheek whenever she's down,  the man who loved her so much.

Kim Jongin.

She remembers the night, when they argued. 










 

They were supposed to go on  a date, but Jongin sees Krystal unprepared.

Jongin knocks on Krystal's door, with a big smile on his face, holding a bouquet of pink carnations, because it was the lady's favorite flowers. Krystal opens the door, completely shocked. She forgot.

"Oh, you're not prepared yet. I'll wait for you then." Jongin hands the bouquet to her,  then kisses her cheek afterwards. "Happy eight months to us, Soojung."

Krystal was still baffled, she stutters. "Uhhh.. come in. We have to talk."

Jongin feels afraid. Krystal did not even greet him back.

She sits on the couch and placing the bouquet beside her.

"I think.. we.. should." She gulps. Just seeing Jongin in the verge of tears, she falters. "We should break up."

"What Soojung? Is this a prank or a joke? Come on baby, this is not funny." He laughs hoping that this isn't real.

"Jongin it's not. I have.. fallen out of love for you." 

Jongin wasn't able to stop his tears from falling anymore and he feels the world has crashed because this lady was his world.. who had fallen out of love for him and He just couldn't believe it.

"But why? I did everything. Is there some-someone e-else?" He sobs and he hopes she answers 'no' because maybe just maybe it would hurt less.

She looks down at her lap.

No answer.

"Tell me, Is there someone else?" Jongin was shouting by now, his voice was cracking from crying.

"Y-Yes." She stutters and turns around from the latter. "I'm sorry Jongin, but you should leave."

Jongin's heart sank. He didn't expect for their eighth monthsary to be like this. He prepared a lot for tonight, a movie date, a picnic at a park or just maybe them in the lady's home eating some simple dinner that Jongin tried hard on cooking. Simple things made him happy just as long as he's with Krystal, it'll be special. But now, he was being weak, he was losing the love of his life, he was losing his sanity.

"K-Krystal p-please don't leave me."  Jongin says pleading, kneeling and hugging her knees. He cries.

"What the heck, Jongin? Stand up." Krystal uses her hands for Jongin to stand up, looking a little annoyed.

But Jongin remains on kneeling, Stream of tears falling in his eyes. His heart was breaking.

"Soojung, please. I-I love you so much. What did I do? Please tell me." Jongin stands up holding Krystal's cheeks.

"You didn't do anything Jongin. We just.... don't work out anymore. Okay?" Krystal says in a more calming tune.

"Soojung please." He cries. 

 

Tears escaping from her eyes, while she remembers it.

Why was she remembering Jongin when she chose Taemin over him?

Was it maybe lust has taken over her?

Taemin never did tell her those three words. He never comforted her. He never asks her if she was okay. He never cuddled her after they 'made love' or maybe it's just plain for the latter. Instead he smokes, a lit cigarette always between his fingers. She felt insulted, unimportant. It was as if Taemin was just using her as a toy, and it was late until she realized it.

She stands up and put her clothes back on. She leaves a note for Taemin.

Taemin,

I think we both know what this is, and I was just too stupid to realize that I was your toy. Well, thank you for being my toy as well. Have a great life, .

Krystal, xoxo. 

 

She smirks while she re-reads it and hopefully she pisses him off.

She leaves, lastly looking at the sleeping man again.

"You're so stupid, Krystal." She whispers, then walked out of the door, driven to fix what she has broken. 







 

"I'm so sorry Jongin."