Chapter 4

Lady Luck

"You and Junmyeon?"

Kyungsoo froze and he felt tiny pinches on his heart. He didn't know what to say but of course he stated the obvious.

"Uhm, he kinds of like me?" Kyungsoo said, feeling confounded.

"Likes you? Why didn't you tell me?" Jongin narrowed his eyes, looking confused. He felt new or strange about this situation because he knew his best friend. He knows that Kyungsoo will tell him this, tell this kind of issues, but he feels different now. He needs to see them, for Kyungsoo to admit. He felt down, and he didn't know why. Maybe because he felt Kyungsoo didn't trust  him enough but all those thoughts melted right away when Kyungsoo answered him.

"Because you're so busy with Krystal, Jongin. I didn't want to disturb you both." Kyungsoo was so upset, and he understands as well. Besides, he was actually shy to tell his best friend and for god's sake, he was actually trying to move on but here he is again, feeling innumerable heartbeats that only beats for the person who is talking to now, the heartbeats directing to the person infront of him. He felt weak and realized that he was so inlove with his best friend and he wants it to stop, to stop his fantasy that Jongin will like him someday but that will never happen.

Jongin then ascertain what Kyungsoo was stating and deep down he thinks he's right. He never really had time for his best friend, all he does was to be with Krystal. Krystal who ignores him now, and avoids him, and forgets important events about their relationship. He then remembers why he was with Kyungsoo.

"Oh, about that. Can you please help me hyung?" Jongin looks down, a little shy, rubbing the back of his neck.

"What about Jongin?" Kyungsoo bites his lower lip.

"What should I do with Krystal, you know she keeps on avoiding me lately." Jongin pouts.

Kyungsoo felt puzzled. "Have you done something bad to her or something that made her upset?"

Jongin shook his head, still pouting. He then clings, on Kyungsoo's arm. "Hyung, please help me. I don't know what to do."

Kyungsoo then smiles from this sight. Jongin was so cute and he was pouting adorably and Kyungsoo just wants to feel those lips on his. He wonders on how would it feel to kiss Kim Jongin's lips, but he shrug those thoughts off when he sees a tear escaped from Jongin's eye. He then wiped if off with his thumbs and made the younger stand straight. 

"Come on, Jongin. Be strong, Krystal doesn't want to see you like that." He actually felt so down when he sees Jongin crying. He felt weak, but he needs to be strong, for Jongin to be strong as well. He held the latter's hands.

"Don't worry, we'll figure something out." He reassures the latter.

Now, Kyungsoo is with Baekhyun. He told him everything and Baekhyun just rolled his eyes.

"Oh God, Do Kyungsoo you're just hurting yourself."

Kyungsoo then felt like crying, but he contained himself. He always reminded himself to be strong.

Byun Baekhyun was actually busy but he still had time for his friend. He also had been always with Chanyeol, having their small dates, just walking around at the park or probably cuddling at weekends, watching a movie marathon at midnight, and not to mention those y phone calls.

"It's really okay, Baek. If he's happy, I'm happy." Kyungsoo tried to smile because if he didn't, he might broke down and cry.

Baekhyun felt bad for his friend. "Please, don't lie to yourself. I know you're hurting Kyungsoo, and it just makes me feel bad to see you in pain." Baekhyun frowned.
 

Jongin was at Kyungsoo's house, they were actually gonna talk about their plan. Kyungsoo asked Junmyeon to adjust with his schedule and to move the date on Junmyeon's desired day, because of course he will choose Jongin over anything. Gosh, it astonished him how he loves the latter so much.

"So what will we do?" Jongin pouts sitting at Kyungsoo's lap.

Kyungsoo felt bothered, his best friend was being so clingy again and it just made him blushed more. Being there was enough, but sitting on his lap, that made him flushing red. He feels his cheeks heated.

"Call her first, and asked where she's at." Kyungsoo suggests while handing Jongin's phone.

"Hyung, I'm scared." Jongin frowns. Kyungsoo found this cute but also sad, he feels like Jongin was giving up now, and the other side of him wants Jongin to actually give up but he wants Jongin to be happy as well.

"Now Jongin call her or I will." Kyungsoo threatens.

Jongin then dials Krystal's number with his shaking hands, he feels frustrated. It took long before Krystal picked up, it looks like she was surprised and didn't expect Jongin to call her at all, even though he always call her and bids her good morning and good night messages.

"Yoboseyo? J-Jongin?" Krystal stutters.

"Babe, how are you?" Jongin managed to say and with that Kyungsoo cringes.

"I'm actually at home and I'm not feeling well." Krystal says with a cough, more like a fake cough.

"Oh, so should I come---"

Before Jongin finishes his question, Krystal replies hurriedly. "Now, it's not really a good time to come over." She shrugs.

Jongin felt down and disappointed at the same time nervous. He bits his lip. "Oh o-okay then, I won't disturb you."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye, I love---." Before Jongin could finished Krystal already ended the call. Kyungsoo was actually okay about it, he might not take it if he hears Jongin to tell Krystal those three words.

"So where is she?" Kyungsoo looks at the latter, now looking down.

"She's not feeling well, and she doesn't want me to come over." He pouts.

"Perfect!!" Kyungsoo snaps.

Jongin then was puzzled but Kyungsoo dragged him into the kitchen and he ended up on helping his Hyung cook, looks like a soup. Jongin finds it fun when Kyungsoo cooks and he was really interested but this time he was confused. He didn't know what Kyungsoo was planning to do.

Kyungsoo then puts the soup into a container and into a paper bag. Jongin then managed to speak.

"Hyung, what are you doing?"

Kyungsoo then looks at him with assurance, a look saying that everything is gonna be okay. "We are gonna visit Krystal." Kyungsoo smiled.

"B-but she said---"

"No buts, she'll be surprised and probably will warm up to you now. Girls are mysterious and they love surprises, especially small gestures like this." Kyungsoo beamed and with that Jongin felt instantly good, he was so grateful to have his hyung. He didn't know what to do without him.

Then they went to the pharmacy to buy some medicines and vitamins for Krystal as well and now they're at their doorstep but before Jongin knocks, he stared at his hyung.

"Hyung, thank you." Jongin smiled with sincerity.

Kyungsoo felt warm but he felt a little pang on his chest too. He needs to prepare himself for Jongin and Krystal's fluff moments later. He was actually proud of himself that he helped Jongin, of course he was willing but it actually hurt but he was glad he survived.

"You're welcome." Kyungsoo nods and he was jolted when Jongin engulfed him in his arms. He hugged the younger back.

He then compose himself and tried to be strong, before actually knocking. He felt really nervous, and after three knocks someone actually opened the door.

But he didn't expect that person who opened the door for him wasn't Krystal. He felt cold.

"Taemin?"

Krystal was pacing back and forth. She didn't know what to do. She was panicking and frustrated. She was nervous, drops of sweat visible in her temple and she has sweaty palms.

Lee Taemin is gonna come over. Freaking Lee Taemin, whom she bumped into a few days ago and now she's not quite sure if she has fuzzy feelings for the latter. It was quite strange and she couldn't understand it. 
They actually saw each other again, at the cafeteria this time.

Krystal and Taemin ate together. Taemin being the guy, asked for the lady's number. Krystal wasn't hesitant to give her number and was quite really excited on giving it to Taemin. She wants them to have a connection, and by thinking of that thought, she tingles, feeling those warm feelings. She was really confused. She knows, she has a boyfriend, she has Jongin but now she couldn't deny that she stopped thinking about Jongin these days. Her mind was now wandering of thoughts for Lee Taemin, and she didn't quite know if she's happy about this or sad.

She felt bland, she didn't care about Jongin now, not concern, not even curious. This made her think, that maybe she has fallen out of love for her boyfriend. She was about to call Jongin to fix things, but the door bell rang.

She sweats again, puts her phone down and paces at the door.

Krystal Jung, calm down. She told herself, and looked at the mirror at her side.

She then opened the door and see Taemin smiling at her, and just seeing the boy's smile, she felt at ease and smiled back. Taemin was wearing a sweater with a coat and it was just a simple attire but Taemin was really handsome. Krystal was really attracted to the latter. She felt her heartbeat racing.

Taemin felt so warm and he could tell just by looking at Krystal, he felt butterflies, he feels his cheeks flushed. He covers it with his hands.

"So what now?" Taemin says while sitting at the sofa, taking off his coat.

They were at Krystal's apartment, she has her own. It was really fancy, and of course expect that for a girl with rich parents. She invited Taemin at her apartment, for them to be left alone.

"Movies, I guess?" She giggles.

They picked a horror movie, and while Krystal was going to get some food at the kitchen, her phone rang.

She felt guilt and saw her boyfriend's name at the screen of her phone. After having second thoughts, she then answers.

Yoboseyo? J-Jongin?" Krystal stutters.

"Babe, how are you?" Jongin's tone was cheerful, and with that Krystal trembled. Why is Jongin acting like everything is okay? She thought that maybe they have mutual feelings, mutual feelings that they have fallen out of love of each other but it turns out Krystal was wrong.

"I'm actually at home and I'm not feeling well." She says faking a cough, giving Jongin a reason not to go. Not to disturb her pleasant time with Taemin.

"Oh, so should I come---"

Before Jongin finishes his question, Krystal replies hurriedly. "Now, it's not really a good time to come over." She shrugs.

"Oh o-okay then, I won't disturb you." She hears sadness on the boy's voice but she didn't really care.

"Okay, bye." She then ended the call and went back to Taemin with their snacks.

While they were watching the horror movie they were silent, a blanket covering them both. But it went to the scary part, and Krystal screamed, she buried her face on Taemin's chest. Taemin was shocked and Krystal was embarrassed, moving away. She just covers her eyes with her palms but Taemin then engulfed the lady with his arms, Krystal's embarrassed feeling disappeared. Krystal felt secure in his arms. It was as if Taemin's arms were made for Krystal. Krystal then looks at the latter, she was surprised that Taemin was staring at her for a while. She then realizes that their faces were only inches apart, they were about to kiss, just a little bit closer. She was lost in his eyes. She was falling.

Krystal was curious on what Taemin's lips tastes like, she was craving for it, just one kiss, but the door bell had to ruined the moment. They both woke up from their senses. Taemin offered on opening the door and Krystal just nods, irritated inside.

What made Taemin surprised even more was to see Jongin and an unfamiliar man on Krystal's doorstep.

"Taemin?" Jongin says.

"Oh hi man!" Taemin freezes but woke from his senses easily. He waves his hand at the air, signaling a high five for Jongin but Jongin just stood there, frozen and didn't know what to think.

They knew each other of course, thy were both famous on their school. Kyungsoo then introduce his self and Taemin did too, they shook hands but Kyungsoo felt the awkward atmosphere. A lot of situations wandering around his mind.

Krystal then hears the familiar voice, and rushes to go to Taemin. She widens her eyes.

"Oh hi babe." She says and planted a kiss on Jongin's cheek, Kyungsoo looks away.

Taemin was kinda jealous, clenching his fist. Taemin still smiling saw Krystal's worried expression, he actually heard their phone call conversation. He then speaks to avoid the tense atmosphere.

"Man, she's sick so I came to check her." Taemin says. Krystal somehow knew that Taemin probably heard their phone call  conversation a while ago.

"Yeah, I know." Jongin says in a sarcastic tone, still looking at Krystal suspiciously. Why on earth is Lee Taemin at his girlfriend's apartment? Why did he let her come over instead of him? They were all tense, Kyungsoo then broke it.

"That's why we brought soup and some medicines for you Krystal." Kyungsoo beams and hands the bag to Krystal.

"Oh thank you Kyungsoo." She smiles a little.

"Oh don't thank me, thank Jongin." He continues smiling.

"Thanks babe." Krystal says but Jongin was looking at Taemin directly, looking at him badly. Kyungsoo then held Jongin's arm, preventing him to start a fight.

"May we come in?" Kyungsoo states and Krystal invites them. Jongin then looks around the place, he was quiet but the truth is, deep down he was going ballistic.

They continued on watching the movie, now Krystal's head on Jongin's shoulder. Taemin sitting at the corner and Kyungsoo at Jongin's other side. Kyungsoo was preventing himself to not look at Jongin, because it might hurt him. It might hurt him to see Jongin and Krystal acting all fluffy. He might not take it and he know he's an emotional crybaby. Although what he was curious about was what was Lee Taemin doing at Krystal Jung's apartment? He swears to god, he smells something fishy but he just shrugs it off.

The movie was finished and they ate dinner together. Kyungsoo trying to start a conversation but everytime he speaks, no one answers. The atmosphere was just so tense and awkward. They were all silently eating and Krystal will glance at the two.

After dinner, Taemin then knows that it was his cue to go. He then waves at them, and Krystal accompanies him by the door but Jongin held his arm, signaling her not to. With that, Krystal stopped from her tracks.

Kyungsoo feels like they should have an alone moment so he said goodbye as well, but he didn't actually go. He eavesdropped on the couple's conversation. Standing by behind the door, peeking through the windows.

"What is going on?" Jongin says, he was on the verge of crying, but he restrained himself.

"What do you mean?" Krystal says confused, raising her voice up.

"So you let him come over instead of me?" Jongin says and Krystal didn't say a word looking down.

There were silence but not until Jongin actually realized what was happening. What their situation was, and he just wants assurance from his girlfriend. He didn't want their relationship to be turned into chaos. This beautiful fairytale to be a turmoil.

"Is something going on between you and Taemin?" Jongin says holding Krystal's arm a little too tight. He was angry and he couldn't control himself anymore. He was so jealous and hurt and confused. He wants answers.

"Let go of me Jongin! Let go!" Krystal pushes Jongin but she was not strong enough to.

"Are you cheating on me?" Jongin cries, still holding the girl's arm tightly, not letting it go.

Krystal then slaps Jongin, and with that Jongin's hands let loose on Krystal's arm. He was jolted. He went too far.

"Babe. I'm sorry." He whispers while hugging the lady but Krystal just pushes him off. Now, regretting what he did.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry." He then showers her face with kisses. "I didn't mean to hurt you." Jongin says with his worried look.

Krystal pushes Jongin again, anger visible in her face. "Get out." She deadpans.

"But Soojung, please let's fix this." Jongin says tears streaming down his face, holding Krystal's hands.

"Get out Kim Jongin!!" Krystal shouts and Jongin immediately gets out, was actually shocked on how the events turned out to be a disaster. Krystal slammed the door shut. Jongin didn't know if he can solve this problem, he was a mess, their relationship was a mess.

He then ran, while crying. He didn't care about the cars passing through the road, he just ran. It was now dark and he stepped on some puddles. Angry, sad, confused were the feelings he felt and he couldn't control himself anymore. He just wants to escape from this misery. What is happening with them? They started fine and he loved Krystal so much. How come Krystal was probably cheating on him or Why is she with another boy and not him? He had so many questions but he was afraid to ask his girlfriend. Most of all, he wants to ask Krystal is he still loves him. But of course she does right? Everything will be okay? Right? 

Kyungsoo sees this and chased the latter. Kyungsoo screams for his name but Jongin ignores it. He feels so upset and so sorry for his best friend.

When they were by an alley, Jongin stopped, catching his breath, holding his chest and hits it with his fist. He finally broke down and was tired of running, tired of asking questions and just blaming himself from what's happening, for this misery, he felt so useless. He felt like a nuisance.

"You are worthless, you're an , you're a piece of crap, you're full of ." He kept muttering to himself, without discontinuing on hitting his chest, hurting himself.

Kyungsoo then saw this sight, Jongin sitting by the lamp post, he then felt weak, he was about to cry as well but instead he tried to approach his best friend. He needs to make Jongin strong, to make him feel loved and wanted. For Jongin to know that he's always there, his best friend and the one who will not leave him no matter what.

"Stop now, Jongin. Shhh." Kyungsoo engulfs Jongin in his arms and refrained Jongin from hitting his chest, holding his hands. He was crying as well, tears about to drop.

But Jongin just kept on hitting his self until he loses his strength still keeping on muttering those words, rocking back and forth.

"Jongin, don't worry. I'm here. Calm down." Kyungsoo cries continuing on patting Jongin's back and tapping his head.

"Hyung, but I want her. I want Krystal. Why is she hurting me this way?" Jongin's face was so red and Kyungsoo hated seeing Jongin looking so vulnerable. Kyungsoo was the one who was there for him now, and during his vulnerable times but he was still looking for her. He was still looking for Krystal. Why does he have to like her? Why her and not him?

Jongin kept on muttering Krystal's name and Kyungsoo was hurting, he couldn't take it anymore but he will, he allows himself to take it, to take all the pain, and If only he can hug Jongin and make all Jongin's pain go away. So he'll feel the pain Jongin is feeling right now. But who was he kidding? He was hurting too, from the start, and he knows that he'll be hurt. He'll be hurt on loving his best friend but He'll let himself be hurt, just for Jongin. Just for Kim Jongin, he'll do anything. How stupid is he?? He's so stupidly inlove with Kim Jongin, his best friend.

Kyungsoo was just feeling so much pain but he continues on comforting his bestfriend. He silently cries as well and he hears his heart breaking again.

 

Jongin was not attending school. He can't be seen in every corner or part of the school and it made some students amused especially his fangirls and mostly Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was obviously worried for his best friend. Why isn't he attending classes? What happened to him? Is he sick? Is he fine? Is he doing well? 
 

He feels so empty. He feels so horrible without Jongin, and it was a strange and uneasy feeling. He was bothered and he can't even focus on his classes anymore. He thought of going to the rooftop to probably think, and to breathe some fresh air to relax. He just needs some time to progress and he needs to shout all his feelings out, to let it all out. Jongin and him usually go to the rooftop when they have problems and the said place is where they shout and console themselves.

He went there but was taken aback when he saw two figures obviously kissing. He was curious and disgusted at the same time but when the two faced his direction, he kind of realizes that these two were familiar. Too familiar.

He was jolted when he realized who the two figures were.

It was no other than Taemin and Krystal.

Their kiss was long and deep. Taemin was holding Krystal's cheeks and Krystal savoring their kiss in every second.

Kyungsoo felt disgust and riot. He couldn't understand himself but he felt pain. Maybe he should be happy because Krystal and Jongin might broke up or obviously will break up, but he doesn't want to hear Jongin's sobs again. It was okay for him to suffer from a heartache but he doesn't want Jongin to suffer it. He was torn on telling this to his best friend.

Jongin deserves the truth. The truth that Krystal is cheating on him but Kyungsoo knows that Jongin will be hurt. Probably, Jongin needs to be hurt so that he could be awakened by his fantasy, that him and Krystal was a perfect fairytale for each other but turns out Krystal was gonna be quick sweet dream for him, a sweet dream that will turned into a nightmare. A nightmare that will break him and that will make him forget what Love is.

Despite all of these, Kyungsoo was there. Kyungsoo was there for him and the smaller just wished that Jongin would realize that.

He quivered when the couple turned around, he suddenly hid behind the door and hurriedly ran. When he got to the lockers, he saw Baekhyun.

"Why are you running?" Baekhyun says in a disgusted look because Kyungsoo was really looking terribly exhausted, his face damped all over with sweat.

"No reason." Kyungsoo pants.

"Wow, you're into exercising lately? Don't even say that, I know you. What is it?" Baekhyun shrugs.

Kyungsoo looks alarmed and he knows he can't hide anything from Baekhyun. So instead he changed the topic.

"Did Jongin attend your class at Algebra?" He says holding his chest, still exhausted from running.

Baekhyun shook his head and held Kyungsoo's shoulder.

"Kyungsoo, don't think about Jongin now. I thought you're moving on?"

"I-I am but h-he needs me right now." Kyungsoo says preventing his tears from falling.

"Of course, he needs you. He always needs you." Baekhyun rolled his eyes, his arms leveling his chest.

Baekhyun was obviously annoyed because here he was again, watching Kyungsoo looking vulnerable. He's the only one who knows Kyungsoo's facade. The man hiding thousands of tears behind his smile and all just because of one freaking guy, Kim Jongin. It's horrible and pathetic to not be loved back, with the one you adore the most. Baekhyun was tired. Tired of understanding Kyungsoo. How could this man be so stupid? How could this man feel so much emotions on one guy? But life was unfair and if it was, then love is more than unfair.

"Just please Baek, help me." Kyungsoo pleaded holding the other's hands.

"Fine. Whatever, go to his friends and I'll ask Chanyeol if he knows something as well."

"Thank you." Kyungsoo says in a sly smile and proceeded at the gym. He was looking for Jongin's circle of friends. 
 

"You're gay?" Kris says, clenching his fist.

Meanwhile Tao was just looking down. The others silent. They were shocked and didn't expect that the latter is gay, and might fantasize about them.

Kyungsoo then interfered. "What is happening?" He goes in front of Tao who's now being circled by Jongin's friends.

"Go away, lame boy." Kris scoffed.

Luhan went between them and prevents the two from fighting. "Let's discuss this later. Tao please just go somewhere else for now."

Tao then disappeared from their sight and the boys instead talked to Kyungsoo except for Kris who walks out. He glares at all of them.

"So Kyungsoo what's up?" Sehun spoke ignoring the tense atmosphere.

"It's Jongin. Have you seen him or been with him lately?" Kyungsoo worries.

"Uhh No. We thought he's with you?" Luhan added.

"I'm just so worried about him. He's not even attending school for days." Kyungsoo looks down.

"Well, maybe you can go to his house." Lay finally said, and the three looked amazed. The forgetful boy finally had a great idea.

And now here he is, in front of Jongin's mansion and it was looking so empty but gladly he saw some maids. Jongin's parents were probably on their business trip again. He then asked if Jongin was around but they said that Jongin was not even coming home. The statement made his heart clenched. 
He was so worried but it's now late. Kyungsoo took too long on finding Jongin but he failed. He really wants to keep on finding the latter but the sky was betraying him. Heavy rain poured and the sound of thunder deafening. He then rode to a taxi.

When he got home, he was still feeling uneasy. He really wants to keep on finding Jongin. So instead he tries to call the latter, but Jongin wasn't even reachable. He then paces back and forth to his room.

"Pick up Jongin, pick up."

"Pick up the goddamn phone!!"

"Kim Jongin!!"

"I swear to god, I'm gonna kill you."

He then fails on preventing his tears from falling. Why is it have to be this way? Why is Jongin making it too hard for him? Why is Jongin always making him worried? Why is Jongin causing his heart to feel so much pain? He was a mess, and he didn't know if he still could be fix. He was just so worried and concerned for Jongin. He wants to escape this feeling, this uneasy and ugly feeling that he feels every time he's with Jongin. It's really a paradox because even though he tells himself to stop this ing feeling, he always ends up on caring for Jongin again. He always ends up on loving his best friend. 

Loving too much, always kills you. Loving Jongin too much, killed Kyungsoo and broke him and seeing Jongin break will probably destroy Kyungsoo.

He then stops pacing when he hears a knock on his door. He panics.

He opens the door and see his best friend looking so wasted, as if he's gonna past out. He feels his heart has dropped from this sight.

"Hyung.." Jongin whispers looking down.

Kyungsoo then pulls the man inside.

"Are you okay? What happen? Where were you?" Kyungsoo held Jongin's shoulders trying to awake hin from his senses but Jongin was not even speaking, he was drained and Kyungsoo just hugged the latter tight. He smells alcohol on him. Looking at Jongin, was breaking him so goddamn hard.

He promised himself that he'll try to move on but he can't even decide on moving on and holding on because a part of him still wants Jongin and another part of him doesn't wants to be hurt by Jongin anymore.

He was so confused.

Kyungsoo then looks at the latter again, asking him if he's okay but Jongin was just whispering incoherent words that Kyungsoo wishes to understand.

"K-Krystal a-nd T-Ta-emin." Jongin was stuttering and it made Kyungsoo worried.

"Don't speak, let's just go to the bedroom."

Kyungsoo carried Jongin. Jongin's arms over Kyungsoo's shoulders.

When they were  headed to their bedroom, Jongin stopped from their tracks at the middle of the stairs.

"Hyung.. Thank you." Jongin manages to whisper. Kyungsoo then continues on carrying Jongin because the latter might fall and Kyungsoo was struggling to carry the heavy man who smelled like alcohol.

Kyungsoo then placed Jongin above the mattress after Jongin vomits on his shirt but It was okay. It was okay for him because he'll take anything just for Jongin. 

The sight of Jongin being vulnerable made him faltered. It was a melancholic sight. He tried to changed Jongin's shirt and after a few long minutes, he succeeded.  He put warm water on a small basin and used a towel to clean off Jongin's body. He was in verge of tears, while doing it. Seeing Jongin looks like this breaks him and breaks his heart. It was really unbearable for him, but he needed to be strong for Jongin. Jongin only has him now. He knows to himself that he'll probably not leave the latter.

After he finished cleaning Jongin, he stared at the man. Jongin has dark circles below his eyes and his lips were pale. He leaned to kiss his forehead and nose. But He stopped when he reached his lips, because those were not his. Those lips belongs to someone else, and never he cannot tastes how Jongin's lips will be.  Stream of tears fell down his eyes, then turned around when suddenly Jongin whispered Krystal's name.

He tried to walk away but Jongin was seem to be in trouble. Jongin was shivering while sobbing. He then lies down with him. Kyungsoo hugs Jongin from the back and holds his hands. He leaned upon Jongin's back and silently cried as well. If only, he can take the pain Jongin's feeling right now, he would've. He then closed his eyes. 







 

Morning came, and Jongin woke up with an headache. He then jolted when he sees a figure beside him, Kyungsoo sleeping. He then smiles from this sight and think of how cute Kyungsoo looks while sleeping, he looked like an angel. He then faces him and levels his face from the other's. He silently stared at him and smiled. He then notices how beautiful Kyungsoo is, how his eyelashes were so long, how pointy his nose is and how beautiful Kyungsoo's heart shaped lips were.

Kyungsoo was awakened when Jongin caressed his face. He then falters from this.

"Oh, you're awake." He rubs his eyes and stands up.

"You must be hungry. I'll just go prepare some breakfast." He said, walking outside the room but Jongin held his wrists and was pulled into the bed again. Jongin hugged him, and Kyungsoo felt so strange and melancholic. He doesn't know why Jongin was acting this way.

After a few minutes of cuddling, they were now at the dining table, eating pancakes which Kyungsoo cooked for his best friend. The latter was eating silently not even sparing Kyungsoo a glance.

Maybe Jongin was just tired of speaking. Tired of thinking. Tired of feeling. Tired of getting hurt. He didn't wanna falter in front of his best friend again. He remembers what happened last night and he feels embarrassed.  But he also remembers how he caught Krystal with Taemin, kissing.

Kyungsoo just lets him be and Jongin probably just wants to have a peace of mind.

He then goes to the his room and changed his clothes, because of course, he needed to attend school.

"Where are you going, hyung?" Jongin enters looking like a puppy that is going to be left by his owner.

"School." Kyungsoo says in a sly smile. "Are you gonna be okay here?"

"Yeah Sure." Jongin nods. "Take care, Hyung." He waves goodbye. 

 

Kyungsoo then goes to school with a heavy heart. He shouldn't have left Jongin. Jongin may cut himself or maybe even commit suicide because he was really depressed. He then ran but got bumped by someone. 

 

"Where are you going , Kyungsoo?" It was no other than Junmyeon. It has been days since their date, and it didn't quite worked out. Junmyeon being the polite man he is, respected Kyungsoo's decision and knows that Kyungsoo was inlove with someone else. From the very beginning, he sensed that but gave it a try and he thinks probably he stands a chance. But He was wrong, when Kyungsoo rejects him and put him into the friendzone. It was not awkward for them,for they are on good terms. They were very mature and Junmyeon was not bitter. 

 

"Jongin.." Kyungsoo pants and with that Junmyeon easily understands. 

 

Kyungsoo ran as fast as he can, and finally he reached his house. He panics and expects Jongin to be there but he frowns when Jongin was not even visible in his home.  He panics and roam around the village, only to find Jongin at the park. Sitting at their swing set.

Jongin was looking down, having an expressionless face. He then goes behind the latter and gently pushed the swing back and forth. Jongin was caught by surprise when he found Kyungsoo behind him.

"Hyung, you should be at school." Jongin frowns.

Kyungsoo smiles. "I know." He says confidence in his tune. "But I wanna be here with you."

Jongin then stares and smiles back as well.Enjoying how he swings from the swing set, having a little joy and no worries even for a second.  He wishes to be happy and he wishes to feel complete again, and with Kyungsoo he feels overwhelmed. That there was somebody who was there for him, and who was there to understand him.

Kyungsoo silently sat on the other swing beside Jongin's. They both swing and looked above, admiring the clouds.Kyungsoo stared at Jongin and his heart beats faster when he sees Jongin smiles. He feels butterflies in his stomach but he also feels sad as well. Because Jongin was hurting, and Jongin was just pretending infront of him.

But he controlled himself not to ask, because he knows Jongin will break down. So, instead he assures Jongin that he will always be by his side. He assures him with his presence.

"You know.. It's holiday tomorrow and on the next 2 days."

Jongin then looks at Kyungsoo, cluelessly.

"We can go on a trip. Just you and me." Kyungsoo offered with a smile.

"I'd love that." Jongin smiles back and continously looks at the sky.