Chapter 1

Lady Luck

Kyungsoo was at his apartment, lying at the bed, checking on his laptop, bored. He was watching cat videos to cheer himself, but he was just bored. It was the afternoon and he was so eager to do nothing. Sun streaming on his window, the windy breeze invading his room. Tomorrow will be the first day of school, and he's not happy about it. Well, the thing is he hates school, but he's effortlessly good at it. He was a valedictorian during his elementary days and now he's in 11th grade high school.

"Hyung." The taller lied on Kyungsoo's back. Kyungsoo felt annoyed but then he felt those butterflies in his stomach. Yes, he is used to Jongin invading his home. Jongin just uses the spare key, under Kyungsoo's door mat, which the two of them only know.

"What now?" Kyungsoo says, his eyes still glued on his laptop.

The taller sits up and he leans behind his hyung, his chin on the shorter's shoulder. "I have a favor to ask." Jongin says in a humming tune.

Kyungsoo's eyebrows furrowed. Homework again, he thought. Jongin was the opposite of him, Jongin was the heart throb of their school,  the Jock, the most popular.

The truth is Kyungsoo doesn't even know how they became friends. He was kind of a nerd and Jongin was his reverse, but Jongin was not like the typical bad boy in movies, he was a caring friend, a kind one, but he can be sometimes an .

"Let's go to the party." Jongin pouted.

"What party?" Kyungsoo said, a confusing tone audible in his voice.

"It's a party to celebrate the last day of vacation. The day before school." Jongin explains, trying to get his hyung's attention.

Kyungsoo looks back, at Jongin's direction, closing his laptop, arranging his glasses. "There's such thing?"

"Of course there is. So come on hyung let's go." Jongin then tugs Kyungsoo's navy blue sweater.

"Who's gonna be there?" Kyungsoo asks, curious.

Jongin smiles a little, having a little hope, maybe his hyung will go. "Sehun, Tao, Kris, Luhan, Yixing and me of course." He grins.

"Oh then I'm not gonna go." Kyungsoo shook his head, looking contented with his decision.

"Why hyung??" Jongin pouts again.

"You will be having a lot of fun with them, I think I'm not gonna enjoy there. Just gonna feel out of place again with your basketball friends." Kyungsoo shrugs, standing up. He doesn't want to be a fish out of water again.

"Hyung, but it's more fun with you there." Jongin mutters, while still pouting and Jongin looks so irresistibly cute. Please don't pout, it's driving me crazy. Kyungsoo thought, trying to control his emotions.

"Uhm. Let me think about it." Jongin gets a little hope. Kyungsoo looking up as if he's thinking, his finger on his chin. "No." Kyungsoo deadpans. Kyungsoo goes to the door but his feet stopped him, when he feels someone wrapping him in his waist. It was Jongin, back hugging him.

"Please hyung, let's go. I promise we will have a lot of fun." Kyungsoo doesn't respond. Silence surrounding them, but Kyungsoo was getting really irritated. Why? Because his heart beats too loud, too fast. Aren't you tired yet? He thought because his heart was beating too fast again. He felt this so many times and he wants to get rid of it, because he didn't want this. He didn't want to fall in love with his best friend, but eventually he did. His heart flutters when Jongin do such gestures like this, back hugging. It was like Jongin's thing to please people.

"Ok." Kyungsoo murmurs, defeated. He couldn't resists Jongin, of course.

"Really hyung, you'll go?" Jongin was amazed, looking like a 5 year old. Jumping into the bed, as if he won in a lottery.

"Yes, I will. Now let's go eat lunch, before I change my mind." 
Kyungsoo's face had a blank expression, but the truth is he's smiling inside. He is always glad too see Jongin in this mood.

"Ok hyung, then I'll cook for you." Jongin says happily, smiling widely.

"No, Jongin or the house will be set on fire. I remember when you---" Jongin's finger shushing Kyungsoo's mouth.

"Now, hyung, it's just a thank you offering because you accepted my invitation." Jongin said shaking his head.

"Ok then, but I'll help you." Kyungsoo said throwing away Jongin's finger on his lips.

"No hyung. I can do this." Jongin says confidently.

Kyungsoo still nervous, just gives  Jongin the cook book. "Just please... don't let the house be on fire."

"Ok hyung." Jongin said smiling, looking away from this hyung. Kyungsoo just loved this sight, loved when Jongin is being sweet to him. It was also dangerous for him because he stills fall for his best friend everyday, just by looking at those dazzling eyes and tempting lips. Yes, he tried to let go of this feeling but he just can't and because of his failure to move on, he just went with the flow, because after all Jongin by his side makes him happy.

 

Kyungsoo doesn't normally go to parties, but because He has a friend like Jongin, He was dragged into many parties and now, here he was getting ready. He didn't want to be a party pooper. He put on his gray sweater and pants. Looking his self at the mirror and arranging his glasses. That's fine. He thought.

He was going downstairs and was surprised. Kim Jongin was in his couch, waiting for him, sitting their comfortably. Jongin looked handsome wearing his white polo with his black coat and velvet black pants. He inspected Jongin. He was so attracted to this man and  he just can't control himself for being hard, he gulped. He covers his bulge embarrassed, but Jongin didn't seem to noticed.

Jongin then notices his hyung, staring at him. "I know right, hyung. I look good." Jongin says smirking, standing up looking at his outfit. He feels so proud and confident.

Kyungsoo just looked, staring to Jongin's face. Lips sealed.

Jongin smirked once again. "Falling for me, hyung?"

Kyungsoo had a disgusted expression. "What?" He had a defensive tone, feeling nervous.

"Just joking, hyung." Jongin giggles.

Then he looked at Kyungsoo's outfit, his eyes enlarging.

"Hyung, what are you wearing?" 
He jeered.

"Uhm. A sweater." Kyungsoo had a blank expression.

"Exactly hyung, we are going to a party, not to a library." Jongin says pointing out his clothes, his hands touching every part of his outfit.

"So? What am I going to do?" ​

"Let's come by at our house first, then Sehun will just fetch us."

"For what?" Kyungsoo said exaggerating his expressions again.

"You'll borrow clothes for me." 
Jongin says proudly.

"What if I don't want to?" Kyungsoo complains.

"I'll make you." Jongin pulls Kyungsoo going out of the house, holding the smaller's wrist.

When they finally made it to Jongin's house, which is really messy. They went straight to Jongin's room, which is messier.

"Jongin, what the heck is this?"

"Uhm. My room, hehe." Jongin giggles, a little embarrassed.

"You have to clean up." Kyungsoo says inspecting every part of the room, as if he's finding something.

"No time for that, Hyung. Let's get you dressed."

Jongin went to his closet and looks at every outfit he can give to his best friends. He was looking for smaller outifits when he stopped with the white polo and white sweater.

"Here hyung." Jongin gives Kyungsoo the outfit with a hanger.

"A polo and a sweater. I'm wearing a sweater yet you're giving me a sweater?" Kyungsoo said, confused. He is not really great with fashion, his fashion sense was just plain.  He believes in the saying that 'Some people just don't need good clothes to look better because they are naturally handsome.'

"It's different hyung, with this you'll look more handsome." Jongin says sounding like a fashion expert.

Kyungsoo's eyebrows furrowed, having a confused look.

"Hyung, just wear it." Jongin said while rolling his eyes. Jongin also knows something about fashion that's why many girls were attracted to him. Not only because he's handsome but also because he dresses well.

Kyungsoo went to Jongin's bathroom and changed. When he went out of the bathroom, Jongin was easily amazed.

"Wow hyung, I must say I'm a good stylist." Jongin says proudly, hands on his chin, smirking.

"Whatever, Kim Jongin." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

Then he looked at the mirror beside him. He can't deny that he looked handsome on his outfit that Jongin styled. He beamed.

Suddenly a beep sound was heard from outside.

"That must be Sehun, come on hyung." Jongin says in a hurry, holding Kyungsoo's hand.

They hurriedly went out of the house. Kyungsoo was completely shocked looking at the limo in front of them.

"Wow man, this is dope!" Jongin said.

"Yeah, so hop in!" Sehun says, sitting beside Luhan.

Jongin and Kyungsoo went inside the limo. The limo was huge, it had a long seat and there are also some lights, neon to be specific. At the side there are refreshments, especially some alcohol, liquor and vodka.

"So what do you want to drink?" Sehun offers.

"Uhm. No thank you." Kyungsoo said, waving his hand. Sehun just nods.

"So Kyungsoo we haven't properly met you. I'm Luhan." Luhan says offering for Kyungsoo to shake his hand.

Kyungsoo accepts Luhan's hand. Kyungsoo haven't really bond with Jongin's friends. He likes more when it's just Jongin and him. He only feels comfortable when he's with Jongin, even though they're at the same room, quiet, he'd still feel comfortable. Jongin's presence is really important for him, and he loves Jongin always by his side.

Then Tao, Kris, Yixing and Sehun introduced theirselves.

"So what do you do Kyungsoo?" 
Luhan says.

"He's a great singer." Jongin suddenly says. Kyungsoo glares at him and Jongin just sweetly smiled, having an apologetic look.

"Oh that's cool, Luhan is too." Sehun says wrapping his arm around Luhan's shoulder.

"Yeah. You should join the singing club." Luhan says.

"Oh probably, but I'm terribly shy." Kyungsoo says looking down.

"That's natural but you have to be confident sometimes." Kris blurted out not even looking at Kyungsoo,  the wine glass filled with vodka between his fingers.

"Oh right." Kyungsoo says awkwardly.

"But he's not shy when he's with me, he sings out of tune always, haha!" Jongin blurts out and suddenly gets hit at the knee by Kyungsoo. Then they giggled together, the others just watching them. They sat up straight, feeling so awkward.

Suddenly the car stops, they looked from outside and they have reached their destination. The 'bamsae' club, which means 'all night.' This club was exclusive and its not for minors, but good thing Tao's father is business partners with the owners of the club. The others first went out of the limo and Jongin and Kyungsoo was last. The others went straight to the dance floor. The club was big, it had an exclusive DJ. The lights were so beautiful as well, a little bit dizzying.

Kyungsoo was just sitting at the bar, silently watching his acquaintances and now probably friends, especially Jongin, dancing above the spotlight. They moved so gracefully.

Kyungsoo just stared at Jongin. Admiring Jongin again, how he sways his hips through every song, made his damn heart leaped. After the second song, Jongin went to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo then sits straightly.

"Why aren't you dancing?" Jongin breathes, a little bit too loudly. Exhausted from dancing but still having a lot of fun.

"Nah. Not my thing." Kyungsoo shook his head.

"Doesn't work for me." Jongin pulled Kyungsoo to the dance floor. Jongin was just moving, but he looked so graceful. He was not even trying, every move he does looks perfect, it fits naturally to the rhythm. Jongin is really a great dancer. Kyungsoo thought. ​

Kyungsoo moved too, a little bit awkwardly. Jongin saw Kyungsoo's struggle and puts his hands over Kyungsoo's shoulder. Then they jumped together, Kyungsoo giggles. Jongin shouts, the others 'wooting.' Kyungsoo was having a great time, especially Jongin by his side. ​Kyungsoo the looks at Jongin, smiling and Jongin smiles back. Kyungsoo feels his heart pounding faster. 

Then the song was finished and they decided to rest for a while, going to their table. But Jongin glanced at something or maybe someone.

There was a lonely girl sitting across their table. She was wearing a black dress. Even though the girl was frowning, she looked beautifulShe looks like a goddess and she somehow captured Jongin's attention.

Jongin stared at the girl, and the girl glanced at him. Jongin smiles slightly and raises up his vodka, and the girl shyly smiles.

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin, his best friend seems in an interested mood. He looks at the direction where his best friend was looking at and then he saw a girl. A girl with perfect features, and just by looking at this lady, he can say that this is Jongin's type.

Just by now he can tell, Jongin might be interested with this girl. He suddenly feels slight jealousy. ​

Jongin stared at the girl, he was curious. She was wearing a black dress which made her look beautiful and y at the same time. But her frown was distracting. Why does this girl has a frown on her face? Jongin thought.

"She's pretty." Lay said. Looking at the girl's direction. The boys were looking at Jongin.

"What do you mean, pretty? She's fiiiiiine. Just look at that booty." Kris says, smirking.

"She's cute." Tao says shyly.

"Why don't you go ask her name?" Sehun suggested and Luhan nods.

Kyungsoo didn't like that Idea. He frowned.

"Maybe? But I'm scared?" Jongin says lifting his shoulders.

Please don't. Kyungsoo thought.

"Go ahead man, don't be a !" Kris said lifting his vodka. The others just grinned.

Jongin hesitates then looked at Kyungsoo, for approval. Kyungsoo had a blank expression but obviously annoyed.

"Kyungsoo, you're awfully quiet." Jongin looks at Kyungsoo, who is already looking at him.

"What? Go over there, ask her." Kyungsoo says, still having an annoyed expression.

"You sure hyung?" Jongin pouts.

"Why are you asking for Kyungsoo's approval? Is he your mother or something?" The cold guy said.

"No. But he's my best friend." Jongin smiled, tapping Kyungsoo's left shoulder.

Kyungsoo blushed.

Best friend. Just a best friend, of course, nothing more. Kyungsoo thought.

Kyungsoo just faked a smiled as a reply.

"Ok now, just go there Jongin!" 
Sehun shouted and pushed Jongin.

"Alright fine, fine." Jongin says waving his hands.

Jongin was nervous, his palms sweating. He fixed his hair, for a push up hairstyle, he looked good on that, he thought.

He was slowly taking every step, looking at the girl.

He was near but then someone held the girl's arm then they went outside. Jongin was shocked didn't know what to do. He was confused but then his legs lead them to follow the girl and the boy.

Kyungsoo still looking at Jongin, was shocked too.

What is he thinking? Kyungsoo thought. He was worried for Jongin.

"Woah, that's some kind of action." Kris says.

"Should we follow them?" Lay said. Looking at the others.

"Nah. Let him be, he's a man." Sehun replies.

Kyungsoo didn't even hesitate and went straight out of the club, to check up on Jongin.

"Myungsoo! Let go of me!" The girl pleaded. Trying to let go from the grip of the man, named Myungsoo.

"So you're playing hard to get again?"

The girl stayed quiet.

"You want this, remember?"

The girl looked down, embarrassed.

"Ya! Let go of her!" Jongin shouts. Myungsoo and the girl looked at his direction. Myungsoo let go of Krystal's arm.

"And who the are you? Who are you to interfere?" Myungsoo scoffed.

Jongin chuckles. "I don't need to introduce myself. Just let go of her."

"Or what?"

"Or else, I'm gonna do this." Jongin walked closer to Myungsoo. Then Jongin just punched Myungsoo on the face. His punch was so damn strong, Myungsoo was now on the floor. He was touching his jaw, his lip has now a slight cut and it was bleeding.

Myungsoo chuckles. He stood up and punched Jongin as well. Jongin groans in pain.

"Ya! Myungsoo! Stop!" The girl shouts.

Kyungsoo went to Jongin, who is now lying on the floor.

"Jongin! Are you alright?" Kyungsoo says looking at Jongin from head to toe.

Jongin lifts his hand, an action saying as if he's okay. Then he stood up.

"Ya! Myungsoo go away!" The girl shouts again, pushing Myungsoo. Hitting his shoulders.

Myungsoo chuckles again. "You won't get rid of me next time. This time I'll let you go." Myungsoo warns them, having a lopsided smile. He went straight to his parked car and drove it fastly and furiously.

The girl approached them then went beside Kyungsoo and the lying Jongin.

"Omo. Are you okay?" The girl was worried.

"I'm fine now, you're here." Jongin said while slightly smiling.

Those cheesy lines of him made the girl blushed.

While the other, was in pain. Kyungsoo was witnessing a very tragic show. A tragic one for him, because the one he loves is talking with a girl, who he doesn't even know. A girl who captured Jongin's heart and attention in an instant.

"Maybe we should take you to the hospital." Kyungsoo says.

"No. I'm really fine."

"Are you sure?" The girl says then touches Jongin's arm and the other just groaned in pain.

"Kim Jongin, we need to take you to the hospital!" Kyungsoo shouts not too loud.

"No, hyung. Let's go get her a cab." Jongin disagrees.

Damn, Jongin. You're hurting but you're still thinking about that girl. Can't you see I'm hurting too? I'm hurt seeing you care for her this way. Kyungsoo thought.

"Fine, Jongin. Then we'd to go the hospital." Kyungsoo suggested and Jongin just agrees.

"Will it really be okay?" Krystal says guiding Jongin to stand up.

"Of course, anything for you." Jongin smiles again and put his hand over the girl's shoulders. He was pretending to get some support, pretending that he can't walk, but the truth is he just want to hold her. The girl seems to fall for Jongin's act.

While Kyungsoo, he was at their back. He was hurting. He just needs to bear it. He just needs to check Jongin and bring him to the hospital. He can't leave them, he just can't help to be imagining these two making out in the backseat of the cab or doing something else. He knows Jongin. Jongin is sometimes a ert, or maybe not sometimes.

They went in front of the club to look for a cab. When they finally found one, Jongin and the girl went to the backseat. Kyungsoo doesn't want them to make out so he seats at the backseat as well.

"Where are we going?" The driver says looking at the car mirror.

"Segsihan village." Krystal said. Then the driver just nods.

"Please after that let's go to Yangji Hospital." Kyungsoo says and widened his eyes to remind Jongin.

"Oh, I never got to ask your name." Jongin blurts out, looks at the girl. They were inches apart and Kyungsoo never looked for he knows it will just add more pain to what he is feeling right now.

"Soojung, but you can call me Krystal." Krystal smiles.

"Jongin." Then they did a handshake. Kyungsoo looking at their hands as if there hands was completely dirty.

"I think Soojung is a pretty name." Jongin mutters creating a smile. A killer smile, that made Soojung's stomach filled with butterflies.

"I think Jongin is a handsome name too." Krystal added.

Flirts. Kyungsoo thought, bitterly.

Kyungsoo was looking at the car window the whole time but he's hearing a lot of flirting, which made him annoyed and of course jealous.

"So is he your boyfriend?" Jongin says, referring to Myungsoo.

"Ex-boyfriend, now." Krystal pleaded looking away from Jongin, now she's looking at the car window as well.

"Does he know that? What happened?" Jongin asked.

Kyungsoo looked at them, was also curious for her answer. 

But Krystal stayed quiet and looked down on her lap.

Jongin felt a little uncomfortable. "Sorry, I might be over boarding on asking questions."

Krystal just slightly smiled.

"Segsihan village we're here." The driver says and Krystal realized she finally reached her destination.

"Thank you for helping me, Jongin and uh--."

"Kyungsoo."Jongin says cutting her off.

"Yeah, is there anything I can do to repay your kindness?"

"Pay for whatever treatment he is getting at the hospital." Kyungsoo says sarcastically, he had a blank expression.

Jongin slightly laughs. "No, hyung is just joking. No need to pay anything."

"Oh, too bad I don't have money with me. But in case we see each other again, I'll repay you."

"If we see each other again?" Jongin smiled in that statement. He was grinning, Kyungsoo was looking at him, the pain on his chest was still hurting.

"I'd like that, but really no need to pay my treatments and stuff." Jongin explains.

"No. I'll feel bad If I don't repay you, so see you soon!" Krystal gets out of the car and waved goodbye.

"Ok, Yangji Hospital next." The driver says.

Now, It's just Jongin and Kyungsoo.