A date

RAINY LOVE

Jungmi sat on her bed for almost an hour regretting what she said to her brother whereas Luhan sat there looking at her without letting a moment escape as if time was gonna take her away from him. “I should probably get going since its alredy late.” Luhan said walking out the door. Jungmi followed him without saying a word which he found creepy since she wasn’t arguing with him. “Are you leaving?” Ma asked him looking through her glasses. Luhan just nodded because he too was tired and drained out of all of his energy. “You don’t look well. Why don’t you stay today? Jungmi is upset as well so you could accompany her” she said standing up from the couch.

“Ma. Enough. Luhan, you can go now.” Jungmi said without energy. “At second thought, I think I’m going to stay tonight” Luhan smirked “I’ll be upstairs” he completed and entered Jungmi’s room. “Ma! How can I sleep with him?” she chirped. “My dear! You said he’s your boyfriend. Don’t tell me that you have never done it before” Jungmi’s grandma said a bit lazily her lids trying to close on their own. “Go and have some rest Ma” Jungmi said and headed upstairs. Luhan was spread on her bed like it was his own. “Go and sleep downstairs on the couch” Jungmi said tying her hair into a braid. “Why are you tying your hair?” Luhan asked looking at jungmi who was standing in front of the dressing table. “Don’t question me and just go to sleep” Jungmi said harshly.

“No I’m not going to sleep on a couch. And moreover I’m your boyfriend” he smiled to the widest. “To be exact, a self-proclaimed boyfriend” she spat out getting irritated. “Just get out” Jungmi said and pushed him out of the room getting beyond frustrated.

Next day when she woke up Luhan was already gone. “Ma! Have you seen Luhan?” Jungmi asked looking around. “He said he needed to get his uniform so he went early. He’s asked you to wait” Ma said and flashed one of her big and warm smile.

 

Jungmi was walking down the street and second thing she was late for school. Luhan never did arrive. “You are dead meat if I see you at school you good-for-nothing-LUHAN” Jungmi yelled out of frustration. Almost a dozen of people turned around to look at her.

 

“Where were you?” Tao yelled as soon as Jungmi ran inside the class. “A dog barked at me and I believed it” Jungmi said sitting on the bench. “You understand dogs?” Tao yelled to which Jungmi only glared at him. “I wonder what the dog said for you to believe it” someone spoke behind them. Tao jerked upwards getting startled. “Sehun! What are you doing here?” Tao said looking at the smiling Sehun. “Changed classes” he simply replied. “You can do that?” Jungmi chirped excitedly. “Well! You’ll need my lazy brother to do it.” Sehun said smiling. “You mean Luhan?” Jungmi said all her excitement fading away. “You are Luhan hyung’s brother?” Tao yelled for the umpteenth time. This time almost all of the girls looked at them at the mention of Luhans name. “Will you shut it?” Jungmi whispered. “I’d rather die than to beg in front of that jerk.” Jungmi said looking at the front of the class. “And I thought I could have DaRan here.” She mumbled to herself. “I could beg, you know?” Sehun said smiling at Jungmi and at that time she was sure that she could see a halo behind him due to excessive admiration.

Chen along with Chanyeol and Luhan was sitting at the center table of the cafeteria. And he was laughing which Jungmi found odd. “Isn’t oppa handsome?” DaRan giggled besides her staring at Chen. “Uh-Jungmi! Come on, have a seat” Chen said pulling her. “I didn’t see you this morning.” Chen said smoothing out Jungmi’s hair. “I was late due to some unlucky person” Jungmi gritted her teeth whereas Luhan just chuckled silently. “Person? I thought it was a dog.” Sehun said getting puzzled. “And I even believed that she could talk dogs” Tao pouted. “Dogs?” Luhan asked looking at Jungmi with piercing eyes and Jungmi just squirmed beneath his gaze. Chen gave out a knowing disastrous laugh. “Hyung! Jungmi wants…….” Sehun was saying when Jungmi interrupted, “Stop. Don’t” 

“Now you’ve got my attention. Speak” Luhan said looking at Sehun. “Well, Jungmi wants you to help her change DaRan’s classes.” Sehun replied with hopeful eyes. “Hmmmmm” Luhan just nodded at first. “I could help with that but what to do…….. Mrs. Xi, Kim Jungmi just called me a dog” he said holding in his laugh. “M-Mrs. Xi?” Chen burst into laughter due to the look on Jungmi’s face. “Hyung. You were the dog she was talking about?” Tao yelled laughing as well. It was only Sehun and Jungmi who weren’t laughing. “Well I don’t need your help either Mr.Xi; I’ll just talk to someone else.” Jungmi rolled her eyes. “Truth to be told, there’s no one you can talk to if it’s not Luhan” Chen said smiling. Tao, Jungmi and DaRan stared at Chen looking puzzled.

“He owns this school” Chanyeol spoke up. Tao jerked up getting startled as if he sensed Chanyeol’s presence for the first time. “Jungmi-ah! Just apologize and he’ll help us” DaRan whispered. “No! That won’t really work.” Luhan gave a sly smile. “Then what is it that you want, you ” Jungmi yelled getting red due to anger. “That’s like my girl.” Chen laughed even louder this time. The whole cafeteria was noisy due to which their loud voices didn’t bother others. 

 

“A date.”

Jungmi looked at Luhan as if he told her to jump in the fire. “In your dreams.” She replied with a sarcastic tone. Sehun chuckled looking at Luhan. “Then I’m of no help.” He said getting up. “Oppa!” Jungmi pouted looking at Chen for some help. “I’m of no help either.” Chen said smiling. “Alright! After school” she sighed. “Now!” Luhan said pulling her. “But school…….” 

“I own it”