Chapter 1

RAINY LOVE

The wind was blowing hard. The surrounding seemed pale and hazy. The trees looked heavy from all the water that it was accumulating from the rain. The day looked black since the rain was pouring to its fullest and at the end of the road stood a small house where sat a girl at the front porch gazing at the sky, Jungmi.

All she could feel was distraught and pain. The weather was digging up the sorrows within her.

“Jungmi-ah!” her grandma called her through the door. “Aren’t you coming in? I made you some hot chocolate.” She looked at Jungmi with her oh-so-calm-eyes. “I’ll be out for a while grandma. I’ll have it when I return” she said and ran out through the gates. Her grandma heaved a sigh and closed the door.

 

Jungmi ran through the rain only to calm her inner self but her damn tears came up without any invitation.

“ Why did you leave?” she sobbed no more aware of the surrounding. “You know you shouldn’t put up a show like that. People might think that you’re crazy.”Someone spoke. She was sitting in the middle of the lane so she gazed up to look at the owner of the voice. The rain was still pouring so it made it difficult for her to look at the guy.

She stood up and stared at the guy for he looked so much like an angel. Not to forget a wet angel. “I know that I’m all good looking and so but don’t make it so obvious” he smirked. That’s when she fell down to reality.

 

“Sorry?” Jungmi spoke politely thinking she heard something wrong. “You’re crazy!” the man replied.

“Whoa! You speak as if you know me.” Jungmi growled. “Of course I do. You’re a who cries in the middle of a street” his smile grew wider.

“Whoa! This ajusshi sure knows how to make people angry” Jungmi eyed the guy from top to bottom not being able to believe that such angelic face could ever have such a mean tone. “I’m Luhan and not an ajusshi” the guy replied.

“Yeah! Dumb head” Jungmi whispered.

“And you, a ” Luhan smirked looking at the girl getting even redder. Jungmi kicked Luhan with all the force she could gather which made Luhan stumble a bit. “What was that for? .” Luhan yelled, the fury clear in his eyes. “You make me feel pissed” Jungmi used a sarcastic tone this time and the sorrow she felt was long gone.

“You know! We’re alone in this lane and anything can happen” Luhan took a step forward and with each step he took Jungmi moved backward. “Are you trying to-to…?” Jungmi was unable to continue since Luhan finally closed in. “I see you are cute upfront” Luhan smiled teasingly. Not being able to take anymore, Jungmi once again kicked Luhan but this time right at his abdomen which made him fall. “What was that for?” Luhan yelled in agony.

“For trying to me!” Jungmi yelled running away from Luhan. “Whats your name?” Luhan asked Jungmi who was already feets away. “!” She yelled for the last time and ran away without looking back.

 

Jungmi’s POV

 

I hate morning times especially when it’s Monday and first day at high school. “Jungmin-ah! Wake up honey. Da Ran is here.” Grandma nudged me. “Jungmin-ah! I missed you really bad” Da Ran emerged out of nowhere and jumped upon me. “Come on down when you’re done, hmm?” Grandma said and went off.

“Why are you here so early? It’s just 7 and classes don’t start till 9” I whined not being able to hide my cranky behaviuor. “Are you on your PMS?” Da Ran smirked looking at me. I just nodded as a response. “Awe! My chubby bear. It’s because I wanted to see you that I came here early” she exclaimed not being able to hide her excitement. I asked her to wait downstairs and headed towards the bathroom. After I was done I slipped into my uniform. The white shirt hugged my waist and the black tie accompanied by my short blue skirt made me look like a college student. I hate to admit that I’m only seventeen and look like twenty.

I entered the kitchen where my ma and Da Ran were having their breakfast. I just grabbed a toast to which my grandma scolded me endlessly. “Ma! I’m on a diet” I whined. At the front gates Ma hugged me and handed me 50,000 Won. “Ma! You need to stop giving me allowances. I have a job right now.”I pouted.

“Keep it dear! Your brother mooches money from me anyway. So why not you” she said and kissed me. Defeated I headed towards school with Da Ran. “Where’s oppa By the way?” Da Ran asked referring to my brother. “College started a week ago. High schools start late. You know that” I said smiling.

“Now that I’m a high school student maybe oppa will think of going out with me” Da Ran giggled and I just ignored her. She‘s just head over heels for my brother.

 

The class was not as boring as I thought. However Da Ran got separated from me. I got enlisted in Class 1’A3 and Da Ran in 1’A5.It was quite a disappointment. “Jungmi! Where’s your friend?” Tao asked, my new friend. He looked all grumpy and serious when I entered the class but he offered me a seat. He confessed that he’d better stay with me rather than all those crazy squealing girls. Why? He’s hot.

“Jungmi-ah!” Da Ran came running from the other side. Da Ran stared at Tao for a while and greeted him with a huge smile. We then headed to cafeteria. “It’s unfortunate that we’re not in the same class” Tao said looking at Da Ran. She just pouted expressing that she was sad as well.

“It’s such a relief that the high school and college are in the same building. That way I can always meet oppa!” Da Ran squealed. Tao looked at me getting confused. “She’s got hot’s for my brother” I said and winked at Tao who only gave a disastrous laugh. As soon as she saw my brother she ran off at a speed of a rocket. Me and Tao followed her after getting ourselves a drink.

“OH! Jungmi-ah” Oppa called and hugged me. “It’s been long” he said and kissed my forehead which attracted unwanted attention. “You don’t live together?” Tao asked. First oppa only stared at him then said smiling “I have a separate condo. By the way I’m Chen” Oppa said. Tao immediately hugged him and said “finally I find a male friend” Oppa gave out a chuckle.

“Jungmi-ah! This is Chanyeol and Sehun. Sehun is in his first year same as you whereas Chanyeol is with me” Oppa said and pulled me down and ushered me to sit beside him. “Where’s hyung?” Sehun whined like a kid and I just giggled. He looked at me so I looked down feeling embarrassed. “Oh! You’re here. Meet my sister Jungmi. She just started high school” Oppa said. I looked up at the person who sat beside Sehun.

 

“L-Luhan?” I stuttered hoping that I got his name correct. “You know him?” Chen oppa asked whereas Luhan squinted his eyes as if trying to remember something then suddenly his face lit up like bright moonlight.

“” Luhan said smiling which made me blush till no end. “Hya! Don’t you dare call my sister that” Oppa yelled but everyone just ignored him. 

Gaining my composure I looked at Luhan and smirked “so you are indeed an ajusshi”

“No I’m not! I’m just 15” Luhan said frowning. “Hya You’re 19. Don’t fool us with that baby face” Chen oppa yelled smacking his head. 

Ignoring them I continued “Oppa! Ma is going away this weekend.” At this Chen oppa stared at me as if I told him that a ghost was standing beside him. “But where? How can she leave you alone like that” oppa yelled.

“Maybe she’s got a new date” I replied helplessly. “Not again” Oppa heaved a deep sigh.

“Your gran dates? At this age?” Tao yelled grasping everyone’s attention. “Do you have to shout like that?” I whispered. “Well! I could do with some dates as well” Luhan smirked looking at me. I could have beaten the out of him if there were no students around. “Stop flirting with her” Chen oppa yelled and flicked Luhan’s forehead.

“So … I was wondering if I could move in with you” I said giving oppa my puppy look. “Ummmm! Well that can be done if someone agrees to move out of the condo.”Oppa said looking at Luhan.

“Luhan! Where will you stay then?” I asked hoping that he would move out and give me a chance to spend some quality time with my brother. “Oh no. I’m not going anywhere. Well you could move out though Chen. I could take care of your sister.” Luhan smiled like a weirdo. “Will you stop it? She’s just 17. I can’t leave her with “any” guy” Chen oppa said looking at me with those worried eyes. “I’m not just “any” guy! I’m your future brother-in-law” Luhan said as if it was a mere thing to be said. Chen oppa glared at Luhan giving him the *Say that again and I’ll make sure to rip your guts out of your * look.

“Jungmi-ah! Classes are about to start. Go on. We’ll talk about this later at the house” Chen oppa smiled patting my head.

 

The last class was dismissed almost 10 minutes late. “What was that witch blabbering? I didn’t catch a thing” Tao said packing his bag.

“Jungmi-ah!” Someone whispered behind me. “Whoa! Don’t freak me out like that” I said turning around. There were almost 4-5 girls looking at Tao with those twinkling eyes which later shifted onto me. “Jungmi-ah ! Are you dating the guy whom you met in the cafeteria?” one of the girls asked. “There they go again” Tao mumbled.

“I’m not and secondly which guy?” I asked looking at them. “All of them!” they smiled shamelessly.

“What?? How can I date four guys at a time?” I yelled probably looking exasperated. “Maybe they think you’re a ……!” Tao giggled. “What?” I said looking at Tao with my almost panda eyes.

“Especially the brown haired guy. You aren’t dating him right?” the girl asked batting her lashes.

“What?” I yelled for the umpteenth time. “Chen oppa? He’s my brother. Seriously?” I said glaring at them.

“Come on! Let’s go. It seems to me that we’re going to spend the night here with you yelling “What?” Every other minute” Tao said and dragged me out of the class.