eul 5:

Fugitive | seulyong

 

beware the trap for it lies at the darkest regions.

;

 

seulgi felt that her breath stopped. words didn’t form inside of her lips. she felt frozen and her heart was beating rapidly.

adrenaline rush was starting to build inside her.

“seulgi?” called baekhyun, his eyes then turned to the side mirror.

i’ve got 4 seconds…. seulgi thought as she begins her countdown.

one…

two…

she heaved a deep sigh, letting her peripheral vision linger around her chest. pupils dilating at the sight of the laser that might pierce through her heart.

she then clenched her fists.

three…

“get out of there!” she screamed on top of her lungs.

four…

do young quickly pulled the trigger but seulgi made a fast escape. she rolled to her side and let the bullet slide through her fabric, zooming across her collarbones. she stumbled on the ground.

do young aimed for seulgi again and this time, he was quicker.

seulgi breathlessly staggered towards the bushes. reflexes kicking in and senses all coming.

do young clenched his teeth, trying to make an aim at the agent but just like the other times, she quickly dodged it and hastily grabbed a nearby trashcan and sooner it came flying towards do young’s direction.

do young cursed when the gun flew out of his hands.

seulgi came fast sprinting towards his direction, lunging him to death and hovering on top of him.

and that’s when she heard a loud boom!

no, baekhyun!

she felt her senses all came to halt but she quickly gathered them when do young pulled out his swiss army knife and tried to cut her.

“!” she cussed and tried to block the fugitive’s arm but he was just too strong. the blade slid and pierced through her skin, cutting her side. blood gushed out of his hands as she felt the razor sharp pain stinging on her side.

she exchanged their places and with all her might, she held his arm that is holding his knife.

she spat at his face.

“who do you w-work for!?” seulgi hissed at him, eyes all focused on the criminal. do young smirked and used his other hand to squeeze her side, earning a loud yelp from the latter.

seulgi got thrown off by do young and the boy kicked her mercilessly. seeing the poor agent looking defeated, he smirked. he bent down to her level and had the knife playing around her neck. he grabbed her hair forcefully and yanked it to the left.

“it was nice of you looking like this.” do young whispered, “you asked me who i worked for right?”

seulgi glared at him.

“well then surprise honey, i work for the man you need.”

do young smirked and pulled his hand, pressing the blade on her neck, threatening to cut it.

“b-baekhyun…” seulgi called out that got do young laughing. he pitied the beat up agent who seemed to be calling out the dead.

he loved seeing this sight, slow kills.

seulgi just closed her eyes, waiting for her time.

“just kill me.” she whispered, her body giving up.

.

.

.

.

bang!

 

she felt her hands tremble.

and she also felt a pain of strong arms around her shoulder.

“seulgi-yah…” the voice called out. seulgi opened her eyes and found baekhyun’s smiling eyes against hers. his lips were cut and blood was oozing from it and his arm had a burn.

“hey there,” baekhyun greeted. “you okay?”

seulgi just stared at baekhyun.

“y-you’re alive…”

“i’m not going to end up dead tonight.” baekhyun announced before pointing do young, who was lying on the cold asphalt, a bullet buried behind him and he had blood on his mouth, freely flowing.

“how’d you escape?” seulgi asked, finally getting up. she seemed so tired and her body was aching. “where’s kris?”

baekhyun sighed before looking down.

“you know that we should keep moving. eyes are still on us.”

“where’s kris?”

baekhyun just gave seulgi an apologetic look. “they got what they want seul.”

seulgi stopped herself from saying sorry.

they didn’t kill us yet…everything was a set up to eliminate kris. seulgi sighed at her thoughts. they knew we were smart. maybe that’s why they just tortured us.

 

--

 

baekhyun had his left arm around seulgi’s waist as the other one tried to have her posture straight.

“police are coming a few minutes from now.”

“they’re always late.” baekhyun casually replied. “we need to get to the hospital, you’re draining out.”

“why didn’t they attack us?” seulgi asked out of curiousness. she flinched a bit from another shot of pain that her side’s sending her but she chose to ignore it.

“i can’t believe this.” baekhyun tried to shut her up or else someone might hear them. they knew that news will spread like a wildfire. after all, the explosion was loud enough to be heard until the end of the resort.

“seulgi,” baekhyun tried to explain. “they’re formulating their plans. they’re finally done with yi fan, they’re coming to get us as soon as possible. we have to be careful.”

“they’re toying with us right?”

“more like taunting.” baekhyun answered when they reached the hotel. the hotel staffs gave them long glances before even attending for the first aid.

seulgi watched how the police interrogated with baekhyun and the other staffs inside the hotel. her wound was given first aid attention and a gauze to reduce the bleeding.

she can hear the ambulance siren.

baekhyun strolled towards her, crossed arms. “hey,” he called out. his wounds were now covered with gauze but her lips were still dry. “go to the hospital. i’ll follow.”

seulgi pouted, “contact jimin. i won’t go and leave you.”

baekhyun massaged his forehead. “j-just go now. i’ll follow; i need to sort a few things.”

“but hey you needed my answers too---“ seulgi as cut off when a paramedic quickly grabbed her arm and told her to come with them at the ambulance.

she rolled her eyes as she let the paramedic drag her towards the ambulance. baekhyun gave her a nod before calling someone through phone.

seulgi boredly went inside the ambulance. she caressed her neck.

aish, they would need my answers too! she exclaimed in her mind. i needed answers too, about do young and about…what happened.

she formulated her theories.

it might be possible that the triad didn’t leave. that the big boss is still in that resort. it was all in the plan. maybe taeyong sent his men out there to kill me.

she shrugged but later made up her mind.

she needed to get involved with the investigation!

she gazed at the paramedic. “i won’t go.” she told him but when she was going to step out, the ambulance’s door suddenly forced shut.

she tried opening it but it won’t open.

“yah! yah! open the door!”

then she heard a loud thud and the sound of a gun.

she froze.

behind her, she felt the driver board inside the ambulance.

she quickly grabbed a syringe from the medical kit and pointed it at the driver.

 the driver was wearing a face mask and his hair was brown.

he started the engines and hit it on full speed. he grabbed his phone and contacted someone.

“yeah i’m with her right now.” his deep baritone voice was somewhat familiar with seulgi’s ears.

“it’s none of your business.”

wait. seulgi tried to calm herself. it can’t be! that voice!

“i don’t give a sicheng. watch how i move and i decide what gets to be done.” then the stranger ended the call.

“you think you could kill me with a syringe?” the stranger called out. seulgi tightened her grip.

“that’s why you know many.” she answered. “you’re a two faced .”

the stranger smirked. “you already know who i am hon? bother to ask?”

seulgi grinned, her eyes bloodshot. she decided to play it cool for now.

“was being a bartender the best cover?” she asked, biting her lips. “or i bet you’re aching to leak it on my face.”

the bartender smirked and accelerated into 80 kph. hitting the streets mindlessly, the ambulance snaking its way to an unknown destination.

“i was really aching to find you boss.” she said casually that got a playful smile on his lips.

the bartender didn’t answer.

“so where are we going,” she paused for a bit, not knowing what right emotions to portray, “lee taeyong?”

when he heard his name, he automatically smiled. he switched lanes and calculated the seconds that were already dropping.

“to playhouse agent.”

 

--

WHERE ARE WE GOING!?? BTW DeBut Hansol!!!