IV. A whole new world II

13 Boarding House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
IV.             A whole new world II

 

Kyuhyun had a serious amount of questions that he wanted to ask Yesung. If he was dead, did he breathe? Did he eat? Did he shower or wash? His confusion and look of surprised was obvious for the others because Kyuhyun was frozen in place, with his mouth opened, a quirked eyebrow, looking as if he wanted to say something yet not finding enough air or vocals to actually say it. Kyuhyun glanced to the side, half standing up when Yesung just disappeared. He felt a touch on his philtrum and while frowning and trying to move away, he spotted Yesung beside him. He shrieked. High pitched as if he was a teenage girl and even jumped up from his chair, first intent to hide behind Sia since she was the closest one to him.

“You could feel that right?” Yesung questioned, looking bored.

“Yesung, you just wasted the one for today.” Sia noted out, turning around to push Kyuhyun away from her and back on his chair through the chuckles of the man around him.

“A shade’s energy is that strong it actually rebuilt our body. I can make that energy disappear from one place but it must reunite in another place. Even 1 second of delay and we turn into nothing. So I’m not floating around people or something. I can walk, eat, drink.” Yesung spoke again as he began walking towards his chair, picking up the turtle or tortoise, or whatever it was, and then sitting himself down.

“See it as magic.” Heechul offered a possibility. “When you die, by magic, your body is put all back together as it was before your death.”

“Ok.” Kyuhyun nodded his head, really quick as he held on to the edge of the table and sat himself down.

“It’s just that the magic is actually energy.” Heechul concluded. “Although I could probably pull it off it I can gather enough energy of similar values and...” he then lowered his voice a little, starting to talk to himself, a new idea of magic spell popping inside his head.

“Anyway... it’s like I am alive but I am not. People can see me. I can simply use that energy to be or to disappear somewhere else. Like teleportation. It is mandatory the energy stays together.” Yesung repeated, his eyes lowering to look at his pet as his hand kept patting the hard shell.

No wonder Yesung was that gloomy. If it wasn’t for the supernatural part and energy thing, he would be dead. As in dead. He was alive and yet not alive, he could exist among people and drink and eat and talk and walk and touch things but that could all go away in a second if for any reason he couldn’t keep the energy focused in one place. No wonder he looked done with everything and pissed and just wanting to be left alone. Still, that still pose a question as to how was that different from a ghost. Weren’t ghost leftover energy as well? Not that it meant Yesung was leftover or something.

“Ghosts are remaining thoughts in the form of energy. They had a great dream they couldn’t fulfill, they were severely wronged when they lived. Once that is settled, their energy vanishes and they move on to Heaven or Hell or automatically returns in nature. Shades can exist as long as they keep their energy together.” Sia stepped in to tell him, a smile on her face.

Kyuhyun had to buy Sia a gift. A really big gift. She was quick to catch on to when he wanted any sort of confirmation, when he was too confused and needed more explanation, when he needed to put the information together and have someone speak out loud what he was saying. She was of great help to him, always there when he needed her help and if it weren’t for her, he would have probably just stood still, keeping his mouth shut, wanting to know so many things and not daring to ask anything.

“Hey.... how come no one asks me anything?” Donghae frowned, looking jealous at all the attention the newcomer was giving to the rest while ignoring him.

“What’s so hard to get about an incubus?” Heechul chuckled. “You live to have .”

“Wrong.” Donghae rolled his eyes, letting out a sigh. “I feel wronged too.” He then spoke with a serious straight face.

“Really?” Hyukjae chuckled. “Then do explain.”

“I have so I can live.” Donghae rolled his eyes again, standing up and looking even more serious. “We eat and stuff like humans but our main food is ual energy. Which we get during actual . We have to have at least once per week or we get old really quick and if we don’t we die.”

There was so much information floating around. First an angel and a demon that were only present in the thoughts of the humans as to give them more choices and Heaven and Hell were dimensions that fed on energy. Then the vampire was not actually dead and the werewolf was not exactly what fiction said and the shade was actually dead and now it turned out that the incubus was not a maniac that had because he loved but because he had to have . Everything he knew was so wrong, as if someone fed him false information on purpose.

“Come on...” Hyukjae looked suspiciously towards Donghae. “You love having .”

“And that’s a good thing. Imagine how hard my life would be if I didn’t and yet had to have .” Donghae looked insulted although there was a hint of a smirk on his lips.

“Please...” half of them replied, fed up with the talk.

“We live and procreate via . We can’t quit even if we’d want to. And I am no longer allowed to use my powers or humans or get into their houses so I actually work really hard to stay alive.” Donghae crossed his arms, not really liking the bias people had in relation to incubus creatures.

“Right....” Kyuhyun remembered. “You are the ones that get in dreams and have ...”

“No.” Donghae looked disgusted. “We need to be in a physical shape. A long time ago, incubus and succubus creatures sneaked into people’s houses, had and then erased that memory. Some humans recalled the feeling but... not in a dream.”

“Like rapists?!” Kyuhyun looked aggravated, his eyes threatening to jump out of their orbits.

“Which is why it was banned. We are no longer allowed to do that, we cannot direct our energy towards one human....” Donghae enumerated a few things his kind was no longer allowed to do.

“Banned?” Kyuhyun gulped. “You have like institutions to punish and ban things... for creatures?” he asked surprised.

“Yes. We are civil.” Leeteuk nodded his head.

“Does that mean Hogwarts is real? Or that there are magic schools?” Kyuhyun asked next.

“I cannot comment on that.” Heechul replied, suddenly looking very quilty.

Before Kyuhyun could stand up and jump around, actually happy to know that there were places where people trained to use magic in different fields. If there were chances for a place like Hogwarts to exist, then that was the next coolest thing after the House. Was that how the author of Harry Potter knew to write of a magic school? Did she knew something about them as well?

“Anyway....” Donghae pouted. “People have this impression that whenever we are around people, they just throw themselves at us. No uh. That happens only if we target someone in specific. It’s like their mind shuts down and their body gets hyper aroused. And as I said, that is banned. We simply release a bit more pheromones and that makes people naturally more aroused and into us. Succubus’s have it easier, you know.”

“The female incubus?” Kyuhyun asked, hoping he got at least one thing right.

“Yes. They can just sleep with someone and get pregnant and then disappear and have their kid. If I want a kid, I’m not allowed to take the child and disappear with it. That was banned too!!” Donghae spoke with indignation. “Not that I am saying I would. It is cruel to take a child from the mother.”

“The child needs to stay in their community and learn about their abilities and how to control them. It takes a human partner. So if the human woman gets pregnant, she has to accept to give her child away to the new life. In the dark ages, the incubus just took the child away after birth.” Sia found the moment to explain things to Kyuhyun once again since he had another blank expression on his face.

“Which is now banned, as I said. We don’t do that anymore.” Donghae was quick to add. “I have to have to live, convince a woman to agree to bear my child and then give it to me. If I didn’t take pleasure in having , then my life would .”

“Can you please hit me?” he looked towards Sia, sounding and looking really serious.

“Hit you?” she asked back, extremely confused.

“Please.” Kyuhyun begged.

“Alright.” She shrugged and then slapped her hand over his nape, as hard as she could.

Kyuhyun winced in pain since she hit him pretty hard but at least it proved his point. He had thought he was imagining things or dreaming about it, but since it had actually hurt it meant he was not dreaming but was actually wide awake and that meant everything was actually real. They were real.

“This is....” Kyuhyun searched for the proper word. “Amazing.”

He couldn’t stop himself from standing up and brushing his hand down his face and then up again, taking in all that he had found out. Some aspects of what he had found out recently were known to the public but depicted as stories, fiction, not existing. But they did exist. If this wasn’t some really complex and well planned prank they were playing on him, and they were real, then it meant that there was an entire big chunk of information that people were blind to and that they were supposed to know about because the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter