Chapter 2

Princess Warrior

The next day, Jongin wakes up from his deep slumber. He is outside the tent. How did he get out there if he was sleeping inside the tent? The answer is here. Jin Hee keeps the folded tent in her bag and gets on her horse. Jongin gets on the horse and they go back to the palace.

Jin Hee and Jongin arrived at the village. Jin Hee pulls the reins and her horse stops. Jongin gets off from the horse and Lady Lee bows at Jin Hee. Jin Hee smiles and goes back to the palace.

"Your Majesty, Her Young Highness and Head Royal Guard Kim want to see you," Eunuch Min said. The Emperor nods and let them in. Jin Hee walks in with Jongdae and they bow politely. They stand straight and Jongdae givess two pieces of paper to the Emperor. He bows and the Emperor reads the first paper. Jin Hee said, "The first paper is the report for the crimes committed by various head officers in five months and the second paper is yesterday's report when terrorists from Shinju, under His Majesty, Emperor Ahn's commanded on attacking Goryeo but failed because of the high-planned defense that Head Royal Guard Kim and I planned."

Emperor Ahn nods and said, "I will have a talk with Emperor Ahn."

Jin Hee and Jongdae bow and said at the same time, "Yes, Your Majesty." Both of them bow and Emperor Ahn asked, "Did both of you got any injuries?"

"We are fine, Your Majesty," Jin Hee replied. Jin Hee leaves the palace with Jongdae to go to the village. They had bows and arrows and stop at Lady Lee's stall. Lady Lee bows and Jin Hee asked, "Where is Jongin?"

Jongin walks out from the stable and Jin Hee smiles. She said, "I want to bring him for archery practice? Is that okay if I bring him there?"

Lady Lee nods and bows. Jin Hee walks to Jongin and hold his hand. She jumps around and said, "Let's go."

Jin Hee runs with Jongin while Jongdae have to chase them. A princess must take care of her image but Jin Hee is a different kind of princess. She is more like a princess who has a subject's heart and spirit. They go to the archery field to practice archery.

 

♧Timeskip♧

"Looks like I won," Jin Hee said. Jin Hee got 10 arrows at the center, Jongdae with 8 while Jongin with 3. Then, Eunuch Hong arrived and bows. He said, "Your Young Highness."

Jin Hee looks and walks to Eunuch Hong. He whispers something to her and Jin Hee is shocked. She asked, "Are you sure, Eunuch Hong?"

Eunuch Hong nods. Jin Hee said, "I will be married. With whom?"

Jongdae and Jongin look at each other. Eunuch Hong replied, "Lady Lee and His Majesty made an agreement. So, you will marry Kim Jongin, Your Young Highness."

"WHAT?!" Jongin and Jin Hee said at the same time. Eunuch Hong said, "His Majesty said that it is the best decision. Besides, the Crown Prince may not be the next emperor."

Jin Hee sighs and takes her bow and arrow. She shoots the arrows to the target continuosly and said, "I am not getting married."

"Dongsaeng ah..." Jin Hee looks behind and arrow and asked, "Is it true that you won't be the next emperor?"

"That is yet to confirmed. I think it is the best for you. We won't know if I suddenly..."

"Fine," Jin Hee said in defeat.

"Jin Hee..."

"I know. I respect His Majesty's desicion." Jin Hee puts her stuff at the wooden desk and leaves the practice field. All of them look at her and Chanyeol said, "You two can go back. I will have a talk with her."

Jin Hee sits near the lake and sighs. She takes a pebble and throws it to the wide lake. Chanyeol saw her from far and sighs. He walks to his sister and sits beside her. He asked, "What are you doing?"

"Nothing," Jin Hee replied. She looks in front and lies at the grass. Chanyeol said, "The ground is dirty for you to lie down."

Jin Hee sighs and sits back up. Chanyeol hugs her and said, "I will be the Emperor if you are positive for marrying Jongin. I know. He is a good man but lack of fighting skills."

"But we just met for a few days!" Jin Hee exclaimed. Chanyeol nods and asked, "How about Prince Ahn Daniel you like so much? Did he confessed to you?"

Jin Hee sighs and shooked her head. Chanyeol asked, "Did he tell you his feelings towards you?"

Jin Hee shooked her head. Chanyeol said, "That is called one sided love. Prince Daniel is married, Jin Hee."

"He is still single," Jin Hee denied. Chanyeol sighs and said, "You need to move on, Jin Hee. I kniw that Jongin will make you happy."

"Maybe... but what will I get for marrying Jongin?"

"Happiness. That is what you get. You also get lots of benefits."

Jin Hee sighs and rests her head at Chanyeol's shoulder. Chanyeol plays with her hair and said, "Her Royal Highness will worried if we are still outside."

"You are right. Let's go."

 

♧Timeskip♧

Night time arrived. Jin Hee is writing somethig at a piece of paper. She smiles as she finished writing it. She reads it with confidence.

Girls,

They are the most gracious people

Regardless of age.

Purity is the main key

That is deep inside their souls,

And what do we get?

Kindness, bravery, confidence

Are the elements that is made, not born with it.

"I am so bad at this..." Jin Hee said. She folds it and keeps it at the drawer. She gets on her bed and falls asleep. She sleeps peacefully, just like an innocent girl. Suddenly, a black figure walk inside her room. The figure pulls out a sword and walks to Jin Hee's bed. The figure swings the sword to kill Jin Hee for good. Jin Hee wakes up and blocks the attack with her sword.