Chapter 3

Princess Warrior

Jin Hee wakes up and blocks the attack with her sword. She pulls the figure away and she quickly gets off from her bed. She fights with the unknown figure and Jin Hee kills the figure. Then, she heard her mother screaming for help. She runs out from her bedroom with her sword and runs to find her mother.

"Eomma!" Jin Hee shouts and looks around. She finds here and there and stops when she saw her mother and another figure aiming the sword at the neck. Jin Hee shouts and the figure saw her. It runs away and Jin Hee uses her golden hairpin to throw it to the figure's neck. It strikes straight at the neck and the figure collapsed. Jin Hee runs to the Empress and asked, "Are you alright, Your Royal Highness?"

The Empress nods and Jin Hee hugs her. Jin Hee cries and the Empress pats her back. She said, "It is alright. Everything's fine."

Just then, a sword is pulled out and Jin Hee turns around. She fights back and the mysterious figure swungs his sword at Jin Hee's back. Jin Hee screams in pain and the figure is been shot by an arrow. Chanyeol is the one who shot the figure. Jin Hee collapsed with her back bleeding profusely.

The next day, Jin Hee wakes up and her eyes are quite sore. Lady Lee helps her to sit and her back has a long line. Jin Hee stands and the court ladies help with Jin Hee's clothes. Today, she wears something different. It is a hanbok that is worn for weddings. Jin Hee asked, "Am I getting married today?"

They all nod. Jin Hee sighs and stands still while the court ladies do their work. From adjusting the fabric to putting on accessories. Meanwhile, Jongin is also getting ready with his clothes. Jongdae, "You may leave now."

The eunuchs leaves and Jongin said, "This is too much." Jongdae said, "Jongin, you have to endure it. Besides, Her Young Highness is four years younger than you."

"What?" Jongin asked, shocked. He said, "She never call me oppa."

"She know everyone's ages. She only calls oppa to her brother and cousins. She did not call me oppa either."

 

♧Tineskip♧

"Congratulations for your wedding, Your Young Highness," Eunuch Hong said. Lady Lee said, "Now, we have to call you Your Excellency."

"I need to get used with that now," Jin Hee said and they all laugh. Chanyeol hugs her and said, "I will miss all of your herbal teas, dongsaeng ah."

"How about me?" Jin Hee asked and pouts. Chanyeol ruffles Jin Hee's hair and nods. Suddenly, Jongdae runs to Jin Hee and breathes heavily. Jin Hee asked, "What is going on?"

Jongdae replied, "Prince Ahn... he is here." Jin Hee stands from the throne and asked, "What? Prince Ahn is here?"

Then, a guy which is Prince Ahn walks in. He saw Jin Hee and Jongin sitting at their thrones. Jin Hee bows and looks at him. He said, "Congrats for your lovely event."

Jin Hee said, "It is not what you think. We need to talk." Prince Ahn chuckles and said, "Jin Hee, I am congratulating you. I am also married now."

Jin Hee nods. She gives a bitter smile and Prince Ahn remembers something. He said, I need your help. Emperor Qi from Ying District attacked Shinju with his army. Emperor Ahn is locked up at the prison. Please help."

Jin Hee thinks about it. She asked, "Your father attacked me and my mother yesterday by using his spies. I am u sure if I will help you."

Prince Ahn kneels and looks down. Jin Hee is unsure if she must help his father. Her parents, brother and herself are the most influental people in Goryeo. So it is important to think well to solve a problem. She sighs after a while and said, "Jongdae, get our army ready. We will leave tomorrow by dawn."

Jongdae bows and quickly leaves. Prince Ahn or should be called Daniel because his surname is Ahn, stands and bows. The Emperor is shocked with Jin Hee's order. Jin Hee looks at Jongin and asked, "Do you know swordfighting and shooting arrows?"

"I know swordfighting, Your Excellency," Jongin replied. Jin Hee said, "Get ready for tomorrow. It is war."

"Your Excellency, you have to think first before giving commands," Eunuch Park said. Jin Hee said and gives a deadly stare at Eunuch Park, "I will say whatever I want."

Jin Hee leaves the palace and the Empress said to Jongin, "Take care of my daughter. If she is dead, you will receive the worst punishment."

Jongin bows and nods. He leaves the palace and goes to the practice field. He saw Jin Hee shooting arrows and she changed her clothes to her armor suit. She shoots one more arrow and sighs. She looks around and saw Jongin. She smiles and said, "Let's play!"

"Play what?" Jongin asked. Jin Hee replied, "You choose."

"Follow me." Jongin hold hands with Jin Hee and drags her to the village. Jin Hee asks him to stop and they stop walking. Jin Hee said, "Let me change first."

Jongin nods. Jin Hee runs to her room and changes her clothes. Jongin sits at a bench and waits for her patiently. After a few minutes, Jin Hee comes out, wearing a pink hanbok that fits perfectly on her petite body. She tied her hair and has a white fan at her hand, Jongin stands and stares at her with awe. Jin Hee asked, "How do I look?"

"Beautiful. Now, let's go!" Jongin grabs Jin Hee's wrist and runs with her to the village. They laugh as they run and cause some accidents. They run around the village and the villagers look at the them. Prince Daniel, looks at them when he is buying some stuff and eventually get distracted by the loud squeal. He chuckles and said, "Aish... like the old times. Jin Hee is louder than before and cheerful until accidents happen. Adorable."