Chapter 5

Princess Warrior

"Who are you?" Jin Hee asked. She stands and said, "Show yourself."

The black figure shows itself. The figure takes off the hood and it is a girl. Jin Hee asked, "Who are you?"

"I am Head Royal Guard Park Soon Deok from Silla, Your Excellency," the girl replied. Jin Hee asked, "So, what brings you here, Miss Park?"

"His Majesty sent me here to help with the attack, Your Excellency." Jin Hee nods and said, "We're leaving tomorrow and during the whole journey, call me Jin Hee. Okay?"

Soon Deok nods and bows. She leaves and Jin Hee sits back at the grass. She sighs and cuddles Jongin like a little kid. Jongin chuckles and holds her close to him. 'She is four years younger than me but acts like a kid.'

Nighttime, Jongin is getting ready for bed. Jin Hee is sharpening her sword and Jongin asked, "Don't you want to be just like the other girls?"

Jin Hee looks at him and asked, "Why? Is it because I am a girl who doesn't need any guys' help?"

"No. I didn't mean that." Jin Hee keeps her sword in the casing and stands. She said, "Then, tell me what is it.I won't be mad."

"The thing is... that..." Jin Hee sits at her bed and pats at a place next to her. Jongin walks and sits next to her and said, "I mean like... the girls usually are good in... some stuff."

Jin Hee sighs and said, "Well, I can do anything. Maybe some. I'll try but not now." Jongin nods and Jin Hee lies down before falling asleep. Jongin blows the candle flame and falls asleep.

Midnight. Jin Hee wakes up and saw Jongin sound asleep. Their legs entangled and they are so close to one another. Jin Hee pokes Jongin's cheek a few times and smiles.

"What are you doing?" Jongin wakes up and Jin Hee looks away. Jongin had a mischievious idea and asked, "Do you miss me?"

Jin Hee shooked her head and replied, "Why should I? You are next to me."

"But I was asleep. Right?" Jongin said with pride and smirks. Jin Hee huffs in annoyance and turns the other direction. She sleeps and said, "We have to leave by dawn, idiot."

"I am your husband so don't call me idiot. You know what people said when they hate each other?" Jongin adjusts close to Jin Hee and whispers, "Once they hate, eventually they'll fall in love."

Jin Hee groans and cover her ears with her hands. Jongin tries to play with her by tickling her side. Jin Hee giggles and said after Jongin stopped tickling her, "Stop it. I want to sleep."

"Jongdae, is everything prepared?" Jin Hee asked the next day. Jongdae nods and Jin Hee gets on her horse, sitting behind Jongin. They start moving out and during the journey, Jin Hee does this on purpose.

"How old are you?" Jin Hee asked. Jongin replied, "22 years old. I thought you know my age."

"Yes, I do. I am 18 years old and..." Jin Hee takes a feather from her pocket and brushes it at Jongin's cheek. Jongin shoves Jin Hee's hand and Jin Hee tickles Jongin. He laughs and the guards behind them are in awe on how adorable they are.

"When we will arrive, Jongdae?" Jin Hee asked. Jongdae replied, "The day after tomorrow, Jin Hee."

"Soon Deok, do you know any strategies to plan? The best one."

"I think I have one. We'll discuss later," Soon Deok replied.


Sorry for super late update. And again, short chapter. Hope u like it♡