Chapter 1

Princess Warrior

Sounds of galloping is heard on the way to Goryeo. A female guard and warrior leads the other guards back to Goryeo. Her long, wavy, black hair flies as the wind is blown from the South. The warrior has a sword at the side of her black armor. Her white horse gallops fast as the time past by.

At Goryeo village, a lady in her late 50s and a man in his 20s are selling herbs at the village market. The village is quite busy and they earn a lot of money. Not long, everyone made way as they heard strong galloping sounds. The guards enter Goryeo village and the female guard pulls the reins so that the horse will stop. The horse stops and she gets off her horse. She commands the other guards to leave. The guards leave and everyone bows as she steps on the ground. The man walks to the horse and takes the horse by its reins. The woman walks to her and bows.

"Do you need anything, Princess Jin Hee?" The woman asked. Jin Hee shooked her head and said, 'It is alright, Lady Lee. I just wanted to see to drop my horse to get it groomed. Later, I will see the Crown Prince at the palace."

"What is your relationship with the Crown Prince?" The man asked. Lady Lee hits the man's head and said, "Do not be rude to a royalty."

"Royalty? Is she a royalty or just a normal girl?" The man asked in disbelief. Lady Lee kneels and said, "I am sorry for qhat my son just said. Please forgive him, Your Young Highness."

Jin Hee chuckles and squats. She said, "Do not worry, Lady Lee. Stand up now, Lady Lee." Jin Hee helps Lady Lee up and looks at the man. She said, "You do not know the Princess Warrior of Goryeo?"

The man nods. Jin Hee said, "I am the one."

"Are you a princess or a royal guard?"

"Both. The Crown Prince is my older brother. I should punish you for accusing me. The worst one yet."

"What is the punishment?"

"I need your name."

"Jongin. Kim Jongin." Jin Hee hands out her hand and said, "Jin Hee. Princess Warrior Park Jin Hee. Your punishment is that you have to be my friend."

Jongin hands out his hand and they shake hands. "Tomorrow, meet me at the palace garden. Morning," Jin Hee said. Jongin bows and replied, "Yes Your Young Highness."

Jin Hee smiles and walks to the palace. Lady Lee pulls Jongin's ear and said, "How many times do I have to teach you to be polite to the royal family? Now you will receive the punishment."

Jongin said, "At least Her Young Highness does not chop my head." Jongin brings Jin Hee's horse to the stable and grooms it. "Your Majesty, Her Young Highness is here," an eunuch in his 40s, said. The Emperor, Empress and the Crown Prince stand as Jin Hee walks in. She walks to her parents and bows. She stands straight and the Emperor said, "My daughter arrive home safely. How was it?"

"Everything went well except the terrorists from Shinju attacked the guards," Jin Hee replied. The Empress hugs Jin Hee for a while before breaking the hug. Jin Hee looks at the Crown Prince and said, "Chanyeol oppa, you look better now."

Chanyeol nods and said, "Your peppermint tea with hiney worked. Thank you dongsaeng." Jin Hee sighs and the Empress call the court ladies. They arrive and the Empress said, "Prepare a nice bath for Her Young Highness. Make sure it is at the right temperature. Not too hot and not too cold."

The court ladies nod and said, "Yes, Your Royal Highness."

 

Night time arrive. The dark blue sky cover up the bright day at Goryeoand stars are shining bright at night. Jongin is sitting at the floor of his house. Lady Lee walks in with some bread. They eat the bread and not for long, someone knocks the door. Lady Lee stand and walks to the door. She opens the door and it is one of the court ladies. She bows and said, "Her Young Highness needs help with her hair."

"Alright. I will be right there. Jongin, follow me." Jongin stands and they leave to go to Jin Hee's room.

Jin Hee stares at the pitch black sky with the stars illuminating the night. Her brother's star shines so bright up there. She smiles and there is a knock. She said "Come in."

Lady Lee and Jongin walk in. Lady Lee walks to Jin Hee's back and sits at the floor. Jongin sits at the bed and Lady Lee said, "Sit at the floor, Jongin."

"It is alright," Jin Hee said. Lady Lee takes a comb and combs Jin Hee's hair. She smiles and said, "It is been a long time since I last combed your hair five years ago, Your Young Highness."

Jin Hee sighs and nods. Lady Lee asked, "How was it? Everything went good?" Jin Hee nods and said, "Everything went well. Terrorists from Shinju attacked us but everything is settled."

Lady Lee ties Jin Hee's hair and stands. Jin Hee stands and said, "Sit there, Lady Lee. I will make some tea."

"Yes, Your Young Highness," Lady Lee replied and bows. She sits at the floor followed by Jongin. Jin Hee takes a teapot filled with tea and puts it at the foldable tea table with the teacups. She carries the table and unfolds the legs before putting the table at the floor. She sits, facing Lady Lee and Jongin. She pours the tea at the teacups and they drink it. Lady Lee said, "This tea is good, Your Young Highness."

Jin Hee replied, "This is new tea I made. It is called chamomile tea."

Jongin sips the tea and nods. Lady Lee said, "You know a lot of herbs." Then, someone knocks the door. Jin Hee allows the person to come in. It is Lady Hae. She sits beside Jin Hee and whispers something. Jin Hee nods and said, "Let him in."

Lady Hae stands and bows before leaving. Then, a man walks in and bows. Jin Hee said, "Sit down Head Royal Guard Kim Jongdae."

Jongdae sits beside Jin Hee and Jin Hee pours tea. She asked, "Have you done the report? His Majesty wants it tomorrow."

"It is done. Tomorrow I will give it to His Majesty," Jongdae replied. Jin Hee said, "Jongdae, this is Lady Lee's son, Jongin. Jongin, this is Head Royal Guard Jongdae."

They nod. Jongdae said, "The kingdom of Silla sent a letter that in five days, terrorists will attack Goryeo." Jin Hee nods and said, "Tomorrow, we will need to have a meeting." Jin Hee then yawns.

Jongdae nods. Lady Lee stands with Jongin. They bow and excuse themselves. Jongdae did the same but he did it cutely. He said, "Goodnight, Your Young Highness."

Jin Hee clreans the table and replied, "Goodnight."

The next day, Jongin is still asleep. Lady Lee brings a coconut shell filled with water. She pours the water at Jongin's face and he wakes up. He blinks and sits. Lady Lee said, "Hurry up and send this to Jin Hee."

Jongin stands and cleans himself up. He takes a box wrapped with golden silk fabric and leaves. He gets on his horse and gallops to the palace. His horse stops galloping as Jongin saw guards and their horses are galloping out. He saw Jin Hee riding her horse and he follows her. After a few minutes, they are at the Gates of Goryeo. Jin Hee stops her horse and so as the other guards. They get off their horse and set up the tents. Jongin stops his horse and he gets off. He calls Jin Hee by using her name and the guards look at him. Jin Hee looks at hi and walks to him. She takes the box and said, "Lady Lee's cooking is always good. Thank you."

"I have to go," Jongin said. His horse runs away and he looks in shocked. Jin Hee said, I will send you back home after five days."

"Yes, Your Young Highness," Jongin said and bows. Jin Hee said, "In guarding Goryeo and any other missions, just call me Jin Hee. Understand?"

"Yes, Jin Hee," Jongin said. Jin Hee said, "Help me to set up the tent." Jongin helps Jin Hee to set up the set up the tent. After it is done,nJin Hee sits at the ground and sharpens her swords. Jongin sits beside her and Jin Hee checks if it is sharp. She puts it at the casing and said, "Terrorists are everywhere and anytime, they will arrive and attack."

"What do you like?" Jongin asked. Jin Hee smiles and replied, "Freedom. I like being free and the most cheerful person at Goryeo. I never see somethig that is really precious except my family."

"Do you like anyone before?" Jin Hee looks at Jongin and sighs. She replied, "Prince Ahn Daniel. He is the one who make my life better."

"He must be a nice guy," Jongin said. Jin Hee nods and said, "I need some sleep first. I need to do night duty."

"Yes, Jin Hee."

 

♧Timeskip♧

"Keep your eyes and ears as sharp as possible. One wrong move affects everything," Jin Hee said to the guards at night. They nod and keep looking for danger. Then, the terrorists attack them and the guards fight back. Sounds of metal is heard and lots of blood spread everywhere. Jongin is still asleep and does not know what happened.

Jin Hee and the guards kill the terrorists and sigh as they done. Jin Hee's sword is coated with thick blood and so as her clothes. She saw one of them try to get up and she asked, "Who commanded you to attack Goryeo?"

The terrorist replied, "Prince Ahn Daniel's father." Jin Hee walks closer and stabs the terrorist. She pulls her sword out and the terrorist is dead. She sighs and said, "Tomorrow we can go back to the palace." The guards bow and replied, "Yes, Your Young Highness."


This is the first chapter and hope u like it! Saranghaeyo~