ChatRoom

Nobody Should Get Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sur was excited; she just couldn’t wait to get out of the hospital. She got over her disappointment of not being replied by her fiancé. As for Baekhyun, he was not entitled to so she just pushed out all thoughts of him. When ChaeWon and BoYoung arrived to take her home, she was already seating by the desk with everything in hand and ready to go.

“Someone is eager to go huh?” ChaeWon said with a smile.

“There’s a reason I didn’t become a doctor, I hate hospitals. Please take me out of here.” She said while standing up and handing BoYoung her things.

“I’m excited to be staying with you.” BoYoung said while pinching Sur’s nose.

“Oh dear, why does that sound scary?” she said jokingly, feigning fear.

ChaeWon just laughed and proceeded out the door with the two girls right behind her. When all papers were signed, Sur almost ran out to the car.

“Easy there miss or we’ll readmit you,” JoongKi called out after her.

“Not happening,’ she replied as she slowed down so that the others would catch up with her.

“We’ll go to your apartment first from here to get your stuff. I will need directions.” ChaeWon said as she wore her belt.

“Unnie, you’ve been to my house though.” Sur stated.

“Yes I have and all those times, JoongKi did the driving. I’m just not so sure.”

“It’s okay then.”

*

Baekhyun had not meant to ignore Sur’s last text but he had gotten carried away in a happy bubble after texting with his girlfriend. The rest of the day had gone off in a whirlwind. His brother and his wife had visited and by the time they left, he was so tired that he just fell on his bed and was out.

The next morning when he woke up, his mum asked for help with some chores.

“Hyunie,” his mum addressed him after they had cleaned up. “I want to visit that friend of mine again today. Will you come with me?”

“Alright, I will. I will check on Sur too while you’re at it.”

His mum had not commented at that and Baekhyun decided not to think much about it.

When they got to the hospital, Baekhyun had the common courtesy of checking on his mum’s friend first before going off to Sur’s room. He was a bit excited at seeing her again and couldn’t wait to see that surprised expression on her face as he walked in without having told her. He was the one to wear the shocked expression though when he found her bed neatly made and Sur gone. He bit his lower lip in disappointment. He couldn’t believe how disappointed he was at not being able to see her. He trudged back to his mum with a sad pout.

“She refused to see you?” His mum questioned when he came back earlier than expected.

“No, she was discharged.”

“And she didn’t tell you?”

“No. It’s my fault though, I have been quiet.”

“Thinking about what I told you?”

“Maybe.”

She returned her attention to her friend while Baekhyun just sat there silently. He fidgeted with his phone before sending a message to Taeyeon. He had been doing this every time he thought of Sur. He would text Taeyeon instead whenever he felt the urge to text Sur.At first Taeyeon had tried to keep up but ended up going quiet on him. She asked him if everything was okay for him to be so attention seeking like this. He had pouted at that and justified himself by saying he was just missing her. Once more, as expected, Taeyeon didn’t reply and he resorted to just playing games to keep busy.

Later that night, after sending eight unanswered messages and three missed calls to his girlfriend, Baekhyun decided to call Sur and speak to her. He couldn’t get to sleep. It was really late and Sur was probably sleeping already but he couldn’t resist.

Sur was indeed sleeping when her phone rang. She was grateful that the Song’s house was big enough for her to have her own room otherwise she wouldn’t have spoken as freely to her fiancé with BoYoung around. She earnestly answered the phone thinking it was her boyfriend since only he called this late and so had not bothered to check the caller ID.

“Hey handsome,” She answered as usual, expecting a ‘hey beautiful’ in reply. What she had not expected was a shocked Korean reply saying,

“What?” That’s when she checked her phone and sleepy her took a moment to process who Bubbles was.

“Oh Baekhyun? I’m sorry. I thought it was my fiancé. Are you okay?” She found it weird that he’d call this late.

Baekhyun had been surprised when she answered in English but he had understood her. He had replied less coolly though and he couldn’t help a slight pang to his chest when she said she had thought it was her fiancé. He didn’t know if it was due to the fact that he just learned that she had one or if it’s because he missed talking late at night with his own girlfriend.

“I’m alright. Sorry for waking you up.”

“It’s okay. I’m kinda used to it really.”

“Oh, that’s great. You must be disappointed that it’s not him.”

“Ah, just a bit. We haven’t talked in a while so I kind of miss him.”

“So frank. You’re supposed to comfort me you know so I feel less bad.” He said with a pout.

Sur laughed in response,  “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. It’s okay really, don’t feel bad.”

“So how have you been? I couldn’t find you at the hospital, I guess you were discharged.” He asked in a more serious tone.

“Oh? You came? Sorry for not telling you. I didn’t think you would come again.”

“I was disappointed. I hadn’t realised that I was actually looking forward to seeing you that much.”

“I missed you too.”  She replied with a giggle to which he just snorted.

“You could have texted me if you really did.”

“I didn’t think I have the right.”

“The right to what?”

“The right to miss you or text you.” Her voice was quite low as she said that.

“Well, can I give you that right then?”

“You want to?”

“Yes, you’re my friend so you have every right to miss me and to text me and to call me, even at late hours like I have.”

“Okay then. Whenever I miss my fiancé I’ll do that.”

Baekhyun feigned sadness,  “Why does it have to be when you miss him and not when you miss me?”

“Cause I will probably not miss you that much anyway.” She said with a laugh.

Baekhyun caught on her joke, “Ouch! My heart is really broken now.”

“I’m pulling your leg silly.”

“So how about that coffee?”

“How about in a week? I’m not allowed to go out yet and I’m staying at Dr. Song’s for now.”

“Alright, that’s understandable.”

“I’ll tell you when I get back to my apartment.”

“Alright, that’s cool. Goodnight then?”

“Already?” Sur felt too awake to go back to sleep at this point.

“It’s late and we’ve talked for long already.”

“Yes, but you woke me up and I’m now restless. You’re accountable.”

“Oh, just sue me already.”

They both laughed together.

“I won’t sue you but I can request that you make me go to sleep.”

“How am I supposed to do that?” He genuinely wondered.

“You can sing for me?”

“Ah... Are you sure?”

“Yes I am. Any so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter