...As They Come.

Nobody Should Get Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a while! So sorry for being so quiet. I was conflicted on whether to continue the story despite the fact that Song JoongKi got married to Song HyeKyo. It felt a bit uncomfortable for me to portray him as ChaeWon's husband after his wedding. So I had to give myself time to adapt and get comfortable so yay, I'm back. Please note that my portrayal of JoongKi being ChaeWon's husband in this story is not in any case meant to reflect my opinions on or offend his marriage in real life. Let us remember this is fictional and enjoy the story for what it is, just a story. Enjoy everyone...thank you for sticking around for so long <3

The handsome vocalist found himself walking once more towards the apartment he had left two weeks prior with a heavy weight lifted off his shoulders but feeling no better than when he had entered.

The atmosphere felt tense as he sat on the sofa, in the same room as last time. Taeyeon remained quiet as if waiting for Baekhyun to say something. Baekhyun didn’t know what to say either.

“How have you been?” He finally asked to break the silence.

“Not so good. I missed you.”

Baekhyun was a bit surprised by that. He had expected Taeyeon to end things with him once and for all. It was gonna hurt, yes, but it wouldn’t come as a shock. “I missed you too.”

She nodded and continued, “I decided I won’t lose to a man snatcher so I’m going to stay with you.” She paused as if to examine his reaction, “We can pretend it never happened. Most men are cheats anyway and I know it took a lot for you to come clean so let’s put that behind us and move on.”

Baekhyun took a relieved breath. “Thank you, Tae. You’re the best.” He leaned in slowly and sealed their new road with a kiss. He was so caught up in a happy bubble as he took a shower that he didn’t notice that the phone he had left face down on the bed was now lying face up by the headboard.

*

Sur turned her attention from the magazine that she was lazily browsing through to the door from where she had heard a knock.

“Come in!” She responded and smiled when she saw JoongKi walk in.

“Hey there,” JoongKi greeted as he walked in.

“Hello, how are you?” She replied.

“As good as they come,” he replied, laughing at the slightly confused expression she reacted with. “It’s a saying we used back in the days.” He explained himself.

“You make it sound like you’re so much older than I am.”

“Wanna calculate?” He dared with a small smirk.

“Nope, I will pass.” Sur quickly refused, raising her arms up in faux surrender.

“Wise choice there,” he retorted. Their laughter died down and JoongKi quickly changed to a serious face.

“Uh oh,” Sur said when she noticed the change in expression. “I’m in trouble ain’t I?”

“I thought we agreed you’d come to me after you’ve thought things through?”

“I’m still thinking.” Came the short reply.

JoongKi sighed, it was obvious Sur didn’t want to talk about this, “It’s been over a week Sur and your morning sickness has started. Very soon ChaeWon and Youngie will start questioning it. What’s the plan?”

“Well, I don’t know how to bring it up to them,” Sur admitted with a defeated shrug.

“How about the baby father?” JoongKi probed, not wanting to leave any questions he had unanswered.

“I’m not telling him.” She sounded very certain and very sure of that.

“Are you sure that’s wise? He has a legal right to know and he might sue you for this later.”

Sur took a deep breath, willing the lump that had come back on away. “I know, just that this might be better for him right now. I will tell him later.”

JoongKi looked at her doubtfully but shrugged and decided to accept this for now. “Okay then. Take your time.”

“Tonight,” Sur spoke without looking at JoongKi. “Let’s tell BoYoung unnie and ChaeWon unnie tonight. I might need your help with it.”

 

ChaeWon and BoYoung both suspected that something was up when JoongKi summoned them into the lounge where he was now sitting with Sur.

“Oppa? Is everything okay?” BoYoung asked first, always the worrywart in the household.

“Yes, all is well,” JoongKi responded with a smile, “Please sit, Sur has something she needs to tell you.”

The two in-laws got comfortable, ChaeWon fitting easily into her husband’s waiting arms while BoYoung sat across the lovebirds right next to Sur.

“Okay, what do you want to tell us, Sur?” ChaeWon urged her to begin.

“Well, it’s kind of a long story,” she responded slowly. She stole a glance at JoongKi who was looking at her intently and nodded to her in encouragement.

“You remember that party I said I attended where I slept over?” She finally began. ChaeWon and BoYoung both nodded in confirmation that they indeed remembered. “I’m sorry but I lied about that. There was no party and neither was there a former high school mate.”

The other two women were shocked to hear that. ChaeWon muttered, “What?” while BoYoung disapprovingly asked, “Why did you lie?” and Sur felt her resolve dissipate.

“Let her finish first with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter