Mission Accomplished

Nobody Should Get Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day, as soon as he got the chance, Baekhyun found his way to Taeyeon’s practice room. He didn’t want to say what he wanted to say over the phone and so he decided to go meet her in person instead.

“Baekhyun, you came here? Is everything okay?” Taeyeon asked, surprised by his sudden visit.

“Noona, we need to talk. What time do you finish?” Baekhyun asked back.

“I was just doing some solo practice otherwise we’re done for the day. Is it about my deleting your contacts? I already said..”

“No,” he cut her off, “It’s not about that. Shall we go somewhere quiet?”

Taeyeon nodded and they went to the nearby park. She suggested going to her house but he denied, not wanting to leave her any bad memories in her own house. They had been sitting in silence for a while before she asked him what he had wanted to talk about.

“I can’t forget her,” Baekhyun finally managed to say after several minutes of trying to think of a way to tell his girlfriend what was on his mind.

Taeyeon didn’t need to ask who he was talking about, “And?” she prompted him to go on, correctly assuming he had more to say.

Baekhyun took a deep breath first, he had already taken the first step. “And I feel like I’m still cheating on you by keeping her in my mind whilst I’m with you. I have tried Taeyeon, I remind myself everyday that I’m with you and I should be grateful for that. I honestly feel you deserve better.”

“Are you breaking up with me Baekhyun?” She sounded so indifferent it shocked Baekhyun and he had to look at her, something he hadn’t done since they got to the park.

“I feel like it’s not fair on you to be with someone like me.” He tried to explain.

“Shouldn’t I be the one to decide what’s fair and what’s not fair for me?” Her voice sounded strained, as if she was putting much effort into not shouting or crying or both.

“Noona,” he started but quickly got cut off.

“It’s either you love me or you don’t! If you’re going to break up with me, it should be because you don’t love me anymore not because you think I deserve better. I know what I deserve and you’re not going to make that decision for me!” She stood up abruptly and demanded he takes her home.

“But then…” he tried once more to no avail.

“I really don’t want to hear anything more from you, please just drive me home.”

It was a long and disturbingly quiet drive and she banged the car door as soon as he stopped to drop her off. Baekhyun hit the steering wheel with his fist in frustration. He didn’t even know where he stood with her. Did she just refuse to break up? But how could she want to continue with him after what he just admitted? He felt his resolve crumble for a moment but he wasn’t going to stop now. He was going to carry out his complete plan for the day, single or not. He already had a plan for how he was going to get Sur’s number again and this time, he involved Suho in it.

*

“Yeah Baekhyun, you’re all grown up now!” Suho commented as they were walking to the pharmacy.

“I’m still stuck on what to do about Taeyeon noona,” he said dismally.

“Well, I think she needs time. You just broke her heart the second time and I can’t believe you still managed to convince me to do this for you. I should be angry with you for doing this to her.”

“But it is hyung who advised me to follow my heart.” Baekhyun argued.

“You need to do better this time though Baekhyun-ah.” Suho advised him, “And you have to start by being completely honest with her about Taeyeon.”

“I know and I will be.”

They ended it there now that they were at the pharmacy. Baekhyun prayed that his plan would work. The plan was to ask for a tour of the pharmacy for Suho’s sake from Mrs Song and hopefully she would ask Sur and BoYoung to do it or if she didn’t then they would include their office as part of the tour. Once in the office, Suho was to occupy himself with BoYoung whilst Baekhyun would get a chance to talk to Sur.

He put on his best smile as he asked to speak Mrs Song at the front desk and took a deep breath before entering her office.

“Oh, Baekhyun-ssi, you’re back?” ChaeWon greeted them with a smile. “Hello, Suho-ssi.”

“Hello Mrs. Song.” The two boys greeted her back.

“Are you feeling any better?” she asked Baekhyun.

“Yes, I am feeling a lot better,” he assured her. “I just came to show Suho hyung around since he hasn’t been here before.”

“Oh! Sure thing! Please exhaust yourself. I’ll ask Youngie and Sur to give you a tour.”

She left with them to the two girls’ office where they were busy with stock management.

*

BoYoung was correcting Sur on an error she had done when ChaeWon knocked on their office and walked in with Baekhyun and Suho in tow. To say Sur was surprised would be an under-statement but this time, she managed to hold herself together.

“Sur, BoYou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter