In My Head and My Heart?

Nobody Should Get Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun couldn’t help how Dr Song reminded him of Sur. He always felt the urge to ask after her and had to fight it every time. Today was such a day when they had their regular checkups with the doctor and this time it was especially hard since they were having one on one consultations. Baekhyun avoided Dr. Song’s eyes as much as he could and it didn’t go unnoticed.

“Baekhyun-ah?” JoongKi called to snap him out of his thoughts. “Are you really okay? Something seems to be on your mind and your eyes are unfocused.”

Baekhyun racked his brain for a quick excuse, “I’m okay. I just have been having a hard time falling asleep.” It was not a lie though, he really was suffering from some mild insomnia lately.

“Oh! Any idea why?” the doctor asked, already writing something down.

Baekhyun shook his head and followed it with a, “Not that I know of,” after realising the doctor wasn’t looking at him.

“You need to be able to rest so that you get energy. I’ll give your manager your prescription and this medication will really help you. If it doesn’t work come back to me in three days okay?”

“Alright,” Baekhyun nodded with a smile. “But can I go myself? I would love to check out the new pharmacy.”

“Yes, sure,” JoongKi confirmed as he handed him his prescription.

“Great! Can I go now?”

“Everything else seems to be okay. Just try and get more sleep. Stay away from the TV just before bedtime okay.”

“Yes, sir. I’ll get going now.” JoongKi waved him off and Baekhyun smiled as DO rose to go in next.

“All well?” Suho questioned the vocalist as he came out, forever the caring leader.

“Yes! All is well.” Baekhyun said a bit exaggeratedly.

“And that prescription?” You could never hide anything from the mother hen.

“Oh, just something to help me sleep,” Baekhyun answered nonchalantly.

“I’m okay
“Oh?” Suho responded inquisitively.hyung. I just feel restless sometimes.”

“Okay then. If you insist you are fine then that’s alright. You can go get your medication unless you want me or manager hyung to do it for you?”

“No thanks, I got it.” He politely denied the offer and made his way out towards the elevator.

 

Baekhyun had secretly been anticipating an excuse to go the pharmacy. He had been anxious to go since Dr. Song proudly announced that his wife and two sisters were now working in the same building as him. Dr. Lee had joked saying they were now making SM their family business. Baekhyun had wondered for days who the other ‘sister’ to Dr. Song was since they all knew he had just one sister. His gut told him it was probably Sur and he couldn’t wait to find out.

He wasn’t sure how he would act upon seeing Sur once more. He figured it would be awkward and she would most probably pretend not to know him as intimately as she did but just as the celebrity he was. Whatever the case would be, the thought of seeing Sur once more sent an adrenaline rush down his spine.

When he got into the pharmacy, he politely greeted the man on the front desk and asked to see the pharmacist since he had a prescription. The man simply smiled and directed him to where it was written ‘Dispensary’. Upon getting there, he noticed Dr. Song’s wife. Her beauty never ceased to amaze him.

“Oh, Baekhyun-ssi!” ChaeWon pleasantly greeted him, “Welcome. I’m happy to see you here.”

Baekhyun couldn’t help but joke with her, “Aish, anyone who comes here is obviously sick so are you saying that you’re happy that I’m sick?”

ChaeWon caught on his humour and laughed, “If it means we get to see you more often then daebak.”

The two laughed before he handed her his prescription and she started processing it. ChaeWon thought about her sister-in-law and how she’d sulk for days if she learnt that a celebrity had passed by and she didn’t tell her. She refused to talk to her for three whole days after ChaeWon slipped up how TVXQ’s Changmin had come by and ChaeWon hadn’t told her.

“Ah, I would get the medicine for you through the window but since it’s your first time here and you might want to see around, how about you go and collect the medicine yourself? ChaeWon suggested to which Baekhyun readily agreed.

“Where do I go?” Baekhyun enquired.

“The office next to this one written ‘Prescriptions’. You’ll find Youngie and Sur in there and they’ll help you out.”

Baekhyun momentarily froze at the mention of that one woman he just couldn’t get out of his mind. He nodded in thanks and walked out slowly, albeit dreadfully towards the mentioned room. A journey of 10 seconds took a couple of minutes as he wondered what he’d say to Sur upon meeting her.

He knocked twice on the door and heard a cheerful, “Come in!” almost immediately after. He opened the door hesitantly and peeked in c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter