I Mean It

Nobody Should Get Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In as much as Baekhyun was excited about finally getting to talk to Sur, he was too nervous to actually send a text. He had typed several unsent texts before frustration took him over and he decided to leave it for another day. What was really stopping him though, was his uncertain status with Taeyeon. Suho had advised him to be honest to Sur about having cheated and he wanted to have clear answers for any questions Sur might throw his way.

So the next day, he once again made his way to Taeyeon's practice room. This time, the other SNSD members were in and he had to go through the hassle of greeting every one of them. When he finally got to Taeyeon, he felt his hands get clammy from anxiety.

"How may I help you?" Taeyeon asked coldly.

"We need to talk," he breathed out, glad his voice didn't let up the anxiety he was feeling.

"I thought you broke up with me Baekhyun ssi.? So what more could you possibly want to talk about?"

"I...um," he was surprised to hear her say that, considering the way they had parted the previous day. "I wasn't sure where we stood."

"Well, now you are. I realised you were right, I do deserve better than you."

"I'm sorry noona. I never wanted to hurt you." Baekhyun needed to apologise. He did feel bad and never meant to fall for someone else.

"That's what they all say you know. All people who end up hurting other people always say they never meant to. It's bad enough that I took you back after you cheated on me only for you to be the one to end things. Tch... It's so embarrassing to be honest,w happened to my self-respect."

"You're a remarkable woman noona. I'm the jerk here and I'm sorry." That's all he could say at the moment but even though the apology was repetitive, he didn't mean it any less.

"I really don't want to see you ever again. I hope you can respect that. Bye." She walked away and told the other members that they could continue with practice.

It hurt. It saddened him that they had gotten to this point and all of it was his fault but he had made up his mind and wasn't going to turn from it now. He gestured a farewell to the other noonas as he walked out then quickly sent a message to his hyung updating him that he was now officially single.

Now that he was certain of his status, his excitement at reigniting his friendship with Sur came back with an undeniable hope for more. He was giddy during practice, a bit more than he usually is. Suho noticed this and couldn't help but point this out to him. Baekhyun excitedly confirmed it, whispering in hushed tones that he honestly couldn't wait to get Sur in his arms again. Suho simply tsked before reminding him to take it easy and not get too excited in case she isn't interested. It did put a damper on his excitement but not for long.

When he got to the dorm, he was the first to shower and have supper before excusing himself to the porch where he could make his phonecall in privacy. The other guys happily , thinking he was going to video call Taeyeon. Suho just remained silent, feeling somewhat special for being the only person who actually knew what was going on.

*

After giving her number to Baekhyun, Sur got really nervous in anticipation of either a text or a call from him. Her mind wouldn't let the fact that he's her unborn baby's father go away. She was in a dilemma of sorts on whether to just tell him first before attempting anything or to first of all see where he wanted to take things. That night, she slept with a frown on her face cause he never bothered communicating. Had she thought too far about his intentions? He did have a girlfriend after all.

Because of her thoughts which had taken a swift turn to the negative, Sur was unusually quiet the next day. She didn't even realise it but someone obviously did.

"Are you okay Sur?" She heard BoYoung ask as they worked in their office.

Sur initially wanted to wave it off and say she was alright but then she thought about how disappointed BoYoung had been when the truth about her numerous secrets came out. "Not really, I have a lot on my mind." 

"About the baby?" BoYoung asked carefully, not wanting to tread on unwanted territory.

Sur smiled, noticing her hesitation in bringing the topic up. "About the baby's father actually." She corrected.

"Oh!" BoYoung exclaimed before softly asking, "Want to talk about it?"

"Yes, actually." Sur found herself admitting. Immediately BoYoung rolled her chair closer to where Sur was and held her hands to give her support. 

"You can tell me," she said softly, "And I'll help you however best I can."

Sur just laughed, albeit with tears filling her eyes. "Stop it unnie. You'll make me cry."

BoYoung laughed along, making the atmosphere lighter. "Stop what? I'm not even doing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter