A Moment to Remember

Nobody Should Get Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday seemed to be coming ever so slowly for both Sur and Baekhyun. They were both excited about getting to meet and hadn't failed to express it in their daily evening calls.

 

It had become routine, that whenever Baekhyun would settle in for the night, Sur would be the last person he'd talk to. On her end, Sur wouldn't fall asleep without hearing from Baekhyun first and every wait was worth it. They kept their conversations light and fun, usually just updating each other on how they'd spent their day and some other light talk which they both considered satisfactory for now.

 

On Thursday night, Sur decided to tell the family about her plans for the next day. They had just finished supper when she told them she was going to meet her baby's father the next day and tell him about the pregnancy. The trio was highly supportive of her decision, letting her know that she was doing the right thing despite what his reaction to the news would be. They wished her the best and reminded her they'd be there for her anytime she needed them.

 

Her excitement turned into anxiety when the actual day came. She spent hours trying to decide on an outfit to wear and ended up settling for a deep purple off shoulder dress and black flats with BoYoung's help. BoYoung also insisted on doing her makeup which left Sur feeling the most beautiful she had in ages. Her tummy bump was getting a bit visible but only if you paid attention to it or knew she was pregnant hence she decided not to think too much about it. ChaeWon gave her a diamond jewellery set to complete her look and the man of the house gave her full thumbs up when she came downstairs.

 

"Any man who fails to see your worth is dumb Sur." ChaeWon assured her before leaving. 

 

"And if you need us to come and get you afterwards, don't hesitate to place a call." JoongKi added.

 

"Thank you both," she replied in gratitude, "And thank you too," she said to BoYoung who just dismissed her with a wave. Sur pretended not to see the wetness in BoYoung's eyes before blowing her a kiss as she left.

 

They had decided to meet at the restaurant so she took a cab. The family had offered to drive her but she didn't want to risk them meeting Baekhyun.

 

*

Baekhyun was his own mess of jitters when the night came. Suho was the only one who knew exactly what was going on whilst the rest of the group thought he was going to meet Taeyeon. In his defence, he had only said he was going on a date and everyone had assumed who the other person would be and he just didn't make effort to correct them.

 

He decided to go for a simple black tuxedo with a white button down shirt and white formal shoes. He wanted to impress her but without going overboard and his look satisfied him. He made sure his gift for her was safe in his pocket before waving goodbye to s who all whistled and cheered him on as he left.

 

Because he didn't want to be recognised by anyone, he had booked a reservation in the VIP section of the restaurant where it'll only be the two of them. The restaurant wasn't a highly populated one to start with so he knew there wasn't a need for him to worry but he still wanted to be cautious especially considering news of his breakup with Taeyeon hadn't been publicised yet. 

 

It was an uptown five star high profile restaurant and getting a reservation there in such short notice had cost him a fortune. He didn't mind though, he was pursuing his love and happiness and nothing else mattered.

 

He waited for her by the entrance to their private room and when he saw her walk up the stairs towards him, he was left breathless. Her beauty never seemed to cease amazing him every single time and today, she just looked that much more amazing.

 

He walked down to meet her halfway and nodded a thanks to her before taking her hand in his.

 

"Hey," he whispered as he took her hand, trying to control his heartbeat and to stop staring.

 

"Hey," she greeted back with a smile of her own.

 

"You look breathtakingly beautiful Sur," he couldn't wait to compliment her.

 

"So do you," she complimented back.

 

"Shall we?" He asked as they continued up the stairs and into their room.

 

*

In her entire life, Sur had never visited such a top scale restaurant before and she felt a bit nervous when she got there. However, the kind smile by the who came to receive her had her relaxing a bit and Baekhyun's stunned expression upon seeing her helped to boost her confidence. There was no denying she was impressed when the paid for her ride as she arrived with a smooth, "Mr. Byun has taken care of it."

 

She felt like a princess as Baekhyun went all the way to pull out the chair for her and help her get seated. He couldn't stop staring at her but it didn't make her feel creepy at all, just admired and wanted.

 

They decided to order their food first and talk after dessert.

 

"The restaurant has a very flexible timetable," he told her, "They'll only close when the last of their clients leaves so we have all night."

 

A tiny glitch presented itself when Baekhyun ordered the finest wine available for them and Sur remembered she couldn't take alcohol cause of the baby.

 

"I can't take alcohol," she quickly said, "If there's an alcohol free wine, please get me that one instead."

 

She was relieved when he didn't question her about it but swiftly changed the order so they'd both take the alcohol free wine.

 

Sur forced herself to eat as much as she could, just so she wouldn't disappoint Baekhyun. The food was good though and did favours to her appetite. They made light chatter as they ate, Baekhyun talking about EXO whilst she talked about BoYoung and the lovey dovey couple.

 

"They're going to have a cute baby one day," Baekhyun commented on the couple and Sur found a chance to ease into her announcement. 

 

"Do you like babies?" She asked him, trying very hard to make it sound like a general question.

 

He nodded without a thought, "I love them. I can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter