Assure me you'll stay in my heart

Love's Misfortune... or not.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the cafeteria, Baekhyun was munching on his food alone when his friends sat at the table.

Baekhyun grinned at them as they all looked at him anticipation.

“Don’t just grin at us, hyung. What did Mingyu say?” Jeonghan chuckled.

“I’m sorry, Wonwoo but Mingyu did the right thing.” Baekhyun looked down with a sigh.

“W-What?”

“His appa is very powerful. And he can make all of us miserable.”

“What are you saying, Baekhyun?”

“His appa planned to kill Chanyeol, hunt down Jongdae and Jeonghan’s umma.”

The three’s eyes widen.

That was so sick.

“H-How… how is that possible?”

“Mingyu told me. He saw his appa’s journal and saw Chanyeol’s doctor’s phone number. He saw a picture of Jeonghan’s umma. And he saw information about Jongdae.” Baekhyun bit his lip.

“That’s so horrible.” Kyungsoo gritted his teeth.

“I’m sorry.”

The three looked at the youngest.

“Wonwoo…” Jeonghan frowned.

“If… If I happened to insist him to go home, then everyone would’ve been suffering. All because of my selfishness.” Wonwoo’s tears started falling.

“You didn’t know. We’re not going to blame you.” Kyungsoo hugged Wonwoo.

“I… I just don’t know what I’ll do if I never see Mingyu again. I’d probably go crazy.” Wonwoo smirked sadly.

Baekhyun suddenly took out a letter from his bag.

“I forgot. He wrote you a letter.”

Wonwoo shakily took the letter and opened it. His tears fell rapidly as he saw Mingyu’s handwriting.

Dear Wonwoo,

I’m sorry I left you. By now, Baekhyun might’ve told you the reasons why I decided to get away. Don’t blame yourself for my lost. You did everything you could to stay with me and I’m so thankful for that. So so thankful that I realized I don’t deserve you. You have a lot of love to give. I know that you were saving all that for me but this time, love the people around you. I will be fine because I want to believe that I’ll be able to see you someday. I want to see you again someday. If ever we meet again, can you do me a favour and smile? Please. I love you, Jeon Wonwoo. For eternity.

Wonwoo cried harder as he hugged the letter close to him.

“And… he told me that he stole an artwork he made for you. Just… a small remembrance.”

Wonwoo chuckled through the tears.

“That idiot.” Wonwoo wiped his tears.

Later that afternoon, Jongin knocked on the door of the Kims house.

“Jongin? Why are you here?” Jongdae’s eyes widen, obviously panicked.

“Aren’t you happy to see me?” Jongin whined as he hugged Jongdae.

“I-I wasn’t just expecting you is a-all.”

“Who were you expecting? Minseok hyung?” Jongin smirked.

“Not really.” Jongdae scratched his nape.

“Where’s umma?” Jongin sat on the sofa.

“She’s upstairs, doing some paperwork.”

“Oh and why are you also here? Don’t you also have school?” Jongin tilted his head.

“I-I… I miss umma.”

“Oh.” Jongin grinned as he went upstairs to his room.

Jongdae sighed in relief. He just have to make sure Jongin sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter