A Saviour’s Lullaby

Death Demon

I have no idea who Siwon is but I fetched the name from google swhile earching for popular KPOP senior idols and he looked just right for the character I was aiming for. So forgive me if he is OC. This chapter is more a bridge, but the next is going to deal with the mystery of Jongin and Suho's relationship. 

 

“You pustule of a human, just stop squirming or I will drop you.”

Sehun questioned his own sanity in what he was doing. For a demon with utter disdain for humans, he sure had watched over this one for years now. Once again he cursed the day he met Kai, the idiot prince of Yakshanav. His gray wings strained at his back trying to pull through with the added weight of two useless bodies in his clutch. Coupled with their lack of desire to help, both had a tendency to squirm at inopportune moments. Thankfully, he wasn’t far from where he ought to go.

Yakshanav was no ordinary land. It allowed only those with demon blood to pass through their barrier and thankfully he was strong enough to carry the idiot human with him. Kai or the semi-Kai he was carrying on his other hand was suspiciously silent. One look down and he knew why. The creature was pathetically clutching at the human which was petting semi-Kai’s head in a disgustingly soothing motion that turned Sehun’s stomach. He swooped down towards the castle that stood in the middle of the capital city of Yakshanav and in one graceful flight, quickly flew though surprised guards and generals to make a grand entrance into the throne room.

On hind sight, Sehun wondered if he should have found a quieter entrance but the ensuing chaos of his entrance was well worth the king’s wrath.

“How dare you?” Siwon the king of Yakshanav stood on his throne in rage, but Sehun was unperturbed. He simply pushed the human and the semi-demon in his arms to the front and sat down on a seat.

“No wonder you old farts are uptight. These chairs are worse than saddles.”

Siwon’s face took a purplish shade, “Guards, throw this brat…”

Sehun simply brushed himself off and stood up shaking his head in disappointment.

“I bring back your son and you are still focused on me. I so wanted to see a tearful reunion.”

Siwon waved his hand off and only then turned his attention to the two figures lying pathetically on the floor.  Guards had surrounded them and while the dark humanoid figure was keening and whimpering in the arms of the other, the human was calmly sitting and petting the head of the creature, cooing for it to calm down.

“It’s okay Jongin, it’s okay”

Siwon stared at the pair for a moment and then roared at Sehun.

“How dare you? I will have your head for this.”

“Sorry, my head is not up for sale, but it’s sad that you can’t recognize your own son.”

A frail old demon who was watching the events from the side lines suddenly came forward and placed his hand on Jongin.

A shrill wail broke out from the creature and it shrunk back from the elder wedging itself into Suho’s lap.

With a sigh, the elder demon turned around and nodded.

“He is your son, not fully but it’s him.”

“What?”

“I feel the royal blood in him. Besides it is Kai’s aura that I feel. It is your son.”

King Siwon cautiously made his way near the creature and peered into its eyes. The warm brown eyes were his son’s and he himself could feel the call of the Royal blood. But the black creature with almost no features to speak of was nothing like his devilishly handsome son. The bald head and frail bony body resembled a skeleton more than a living being. And yet the creature moved and in fact was tightly hanging onto the human. Talking of which, the human himself was a strange being with hollow eyes that looked like someone scooped his eye balls out. However, the pale and otherwise handsome face reminded Siwon of the former king of Asegi.

“Is that…”

“Yes, the former king of Asegi, Lord Suho.” Sehun supplied with a flourish.

King Siwon sat down with his head resting on his hand. The court broke out into a babble that steadily rose in volume while in the middle of it all sat two figures huddled together. With a sigh the demon king rose again and struck his staff to the ground. His power rippled through the halls bringing the court to silence at once.

“You brat! If I don’t hear an explanation in the next minute, I will chop your head off for treason. I suppose you knew that hiding the status of a royal in danger is treason.”

“Of course yes, that’s exactly why I didn’t tell anyone about the dear prince Kai being ill disposed. After all, the prince left the kingdom to prove his worth to a father who insulted his own son and berated him of being soft. And let’s face it, I belong to the dead kingdom, you can’t touch a single hair on my head much less off my precious head.”

“How dare you…”

“Look I don’t have all day. Shall we get the event started? I for one would like to know why my idiot friend is bald and black.”

Siwon audibly took a deep breath. He cursed his son in his mind for perhaps the millionth time for befriending the obnoxious death demon. He looked at his son who had conveniently folded himself into the arms of the human and was resting his head on the man’s shoulder. What a shame! The Demon prince playing house with a mortal and that too their sworn enemy. But there was only one demon prince and not a bad one at that. So with yet another sigh, he commanded.

“Fetch those hunters from the dungeon. The court will convene again in the afternoon.”

He looked down at the two huddled figures and then decided.

“You brat, take them to your room for the time being and feed them or whatever, bring them back after lunch to the court. And yes, you are invited to stay.”

Sehun bristled under the command. He was nobody’s errand boy, but it was amusing all the same to get on the nerves of the king. So he sauntered off towards the entrance.

“Sorry, find another baby sitter, I will be back to fetch them on time.”

In the end, a guard was assigned to lead the pair to a spare room and food provided. Suho ate ravenously while Jongin just sat there leaning on him.

“Are you not hungry? You should eat Jongin.”

But the demon didn’t seem to understand. In the end, Suho fed him by hand little bits of food and thought Jongin to swallow by massaging his throat.

When Sehun returned to fetch them, he paused at the door way just a moment longer to hear the lullaby Suho was singing just for Jongin.