The Beginning of Ends

Death Demon

 

Okay, you know sometimes authors write something that sounds cool in their head but in real time, it just turns out to be plain weird. In my case, that was last chapter. Anyway, the following chapters will give an explanation for the previous one.

 

 

 

 

 

Prince Zitao arrived on the second day of snow. If anyone expected a fierce dragon to swoop in and land on the Eastern Tower, they were disappointed. Tao arrived on horseback followed by a long train of caravans. Half of it rumored to carry his clothes, accessories and bags. He looked like a child playing dress up with his silly pout and a tilted crown but no one dared say anything because of the demi-gods who followed him. Everyone knew demi-gods are not to be messed with. After all, the last time the demon lands saw bloodshed was because of them. Even the demon king couldn’t kill them and in the end, had bargained and flattened an entire mountain city just for them sleep.

 

Tao strolled into the palace complaining loudly about his fur coat getting wet and his luggage not yet being there for his use in the palace. Behind him stood two demigods. A fiery red head with short hair and a lanky frame. He seemed to have a permanent smirk on his face but his eyes were fierce as flames constantly danced in his eyes. He wore white silk pants and a shirt in the same fabric tied with a strange brown sash. What stood out was his long-sleeved coat of a fiery orange that had a dragon spitting fire embroidered in gold and red. The other demigod had a cat like smile on his face. He somehow looked like a kid waiting to sneak out for mischief but there was danger lurking in his eyes as well.   He wore a long gray tunic in silk over white pants and his sleeveless jacket was of the finest white fur. His long midnight hair looked wet and hung around his face in curls although a think silver circlet tried its best to keep the wayward strands off his face. Tao himself wore tight black pants and a form fitting shirt. He wore a tan brown fur jacket that complemented his blond hair nicely. Amidst his short spikey hair sat a golden crown that seemed to irritate him more than anything.

 

The demon lord himself came down to welcome the visitors at the gate and ushered them into the warm halls with haste. The day was almost ending and so after the smallest of small talk, the trio were lead to their rooms.

 

“Hot water and heating will be available in a moment” was the last thing the demon king said before taking his leave only for Tao to offhandedly remark.

 

“Thanks! But we will take care of it.”

 

Lord Siwon nodded and informed them that the day after tomorrow, there will be a gifting ceremony where the two princes will meet and exchange gifts formally. This according to customs will signify that their engagement is official.

 

With that, he left the trio to their own devices.

 

Tao dropped on the bed exhausted. They have been traveling for over 2 months on horseback and even if he was a dragon, that did hurt his back. He wanted to rest but he also felt jittery.

 

“I am going out to stretch my legs. You both can settle in.”

 

“We will come with you.”

 

“No, I know you both have your prayers to say. Go ahead and then go to bed, I will be fine, I am just going to transform for a moment and stretch my wings.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Jongin… you promised you will listen to me.”

 

“Yes, but not if you are being stupid.”

 

“This is not stupid Jongin. You are a prince, the only prince of the demon lands no less. So you must do somethings for your people and your king if not your father.”

 

“You are my father, you fed me, you bathed me, and you are now giving me your life force for me to grow… Lord Siwon only insults me and wishes he had another son.”

 

“Don’t say that Jongin, I… I am not your father”

 

Jongin looked at Suho contemplatively for a moment then with a grin said.

 

“Yeah, you are not my father, I don’t want you as my father… I think it will be awkward to do this if you were.”

 

And with that he swooped down to steal a kiss from Suho’s lips.

 

“Don…” Suho tried to push him as soon as he felt Jongin’s lips but he was so much weaker with Jongin being all the more, stronger. Eventually, he did manage to pull away after a few moments.

 

 “I told you not to do this, you are becoming a very bad kid Jongin. You don’t listen to me, you don’t listen to anyone. You are being a brat.”

 

“Kid? I am no kid Jun, I am no kid anymore. Do you know how I look now? Here, give me your hands.”

 

Jongin pulled up Suho’s hands and placed both the palms over his brow face.

 

“There, see now how big I am.”

 

Suho’s hands felt around Jongin’s strong face. The smooth skin, the strong well-defined jaws, the sharp nose and full lips. Soft silken strands brushed his hands sending an involuntary shiver down his spine.

 

Jongin softly took his hands, and placed them against his chest.

 

“See how strong I am…”

 

Suho gasped, He knew Jongin was growing stronger and was taller than him but not like this. The firm chest and ripped abdomen were a surprise but the broad shoulders and defined biceps spoke of a strength he did not expect.

 

“What do you think I do when you rest in the afternoon or go for your evening walks? I am strong Jun, I am so strong that even my father said so. I heard the servants talking that I am much stronger than what I was before I died.”

 

“How? You always hug me and hangs off me but I never felt, how did you grow so big without me feeling it?”

 

“I made myself small. I pretended to be small and kept my weight off you so that you will not know how strong I am.”

 

“Why? I will only be glad that you…”

 

“I know, I didn’t want you to know because I didn’t want you to stop worrying about me. Hahaha! I am a bad boy aren’t I? Jongin laughed embarrassedly.

 

Suho swallowed. He had made this. From his own soul, blood and bones, he had made a man. His empty eyes if they could cry…

 

“Jun! why are you… You are crying blood. It… It’s okay, I am here…. Stop crying, I will listen to you, I will be your good boy… please, stop crying”

 

Strong hands pulled Suho into in to a warm chest. Strong hands enveloped him and his breath hitched. A big hand came to rest on his head and gently played with his hair. Suho thought about how week he felt. Nowadays he could barely climb up the stairs. His muscles have wasted away and he was nothing but a bag of bones. He knew his end was near, but to know that he is pretty much useless was hard to take.

 

“Stop crying Jun, I am here, Jongin is here.”

 

“You… soon you won’t need me anymore will you?”

 

Jongin’s grip tightened but for a moment he said nothing.

 

“No, I won’t need you. But I want you. I want you so much that even if Sehun’s realm stakes claim to you, I will come down and burn the underworld to snatch you back.”

 

“Jongin… Jongin, you should let me go…. You should marry the dragon prince and rule the lands for an eternity… I am nothing… I was there when you needed someone and I have served my…”

 

“Shhhh! You are the undefeated king of Asegi who was so strong that my father couldn’t beat you and you are kinder than the gods for not even a mother would feed her child her own self. You Junmyeon is a miracle that happens once in eternity. I will be a fool to let you go even in death. Now rest, for this is my turn to watch over you.”

 

Jongin laid down Suho and was about to leave but Suho held his hand. Ever since he was born, Suho never asked for anything. He took what was given and gave back ten fold for he believed that he should repay kindness. Now in his last days, he wondered if it would be too selfish of him to demand something for himself.

 

“What? Do you need anything? I can…” Jongin asked.

 

Suho said nothing, just held his hand and then Jongin understood. He sat down again and pulled Suho into a warm hug. The Suho he knew gave and gave and kept everyone warm but no one did the same for him. With a smile, he laid down and pulled Suho to him tighter. With a gentle kiss to the red head, he settled them both for an early night.

 

His demon heart broke when he heard.

 

“If this is how good it feels to get hugged, I am so glad I gave you a lot while you were growing up. Be warm Jongin, be warm even when I am gone to dust and blown in the wind.”