Checkups

I'll be Yours if You'll be Mine

Shorter than the other chapters but somehow writing in another part seemed weird. hopefully this will do for now.


That night, after Joshua had confirmed an appointment with Jun’s doctor, he had been lucky, there was a cancelled appointment the next morning that allowed him to get Jeonghan and Seungcheol in; the two of them ganged up on him again asking to sleep with him.

“Please,” Jeonghan begged.

“But you two are still injured,” Joshua said sighing. He knew in this case he’d lose. It was all right, but he wouldn’t give in so easily. If he indulged them at every step they’d expect him to do it all the time. And that wasn’t going to happen.

“We’re pretty much healed up. No more bleeding. Just minor bruises that’ll be gone by tomorrow,” Seungcheol whined, his tail drooping.

Be strong Joshua, he thought to himself. Ignore the puppy eyes from Seungcheol. And the glistening tears in Jeonghan’s eyes.

“It’s lonely,” Seungcheol whispered.

Joshua’s heart broke. He forgot how hybrids were treated for one minute. He wanted to preserve his privacy but the way Seungcheol sounded so sad and how their ears drooped. Joshua nodded, “Ok,” pointing at them, “just for tonight. You’ll sleep in one of the other rooms from now on. You’re free to choose which one will be yours on either floor.” He paused, “Not my room though.” He watched Jeonghan from the corner of his eyes. Joshua knew that Jeonghan would use his words as a loop hole so he made sure to clarify.

Just as he thought, Jeonghan’s tail stopped it’s swishing. Jeonghan was a tricky one. He’d have to watch out for that.

“Come on,” he said, motioning towards his room with his head. “Let’s go to bed. Have to get you two to the doctor’s early tomorrow.”

They bounded after him, all smiles as they went into his room.

Joshua walked into his bathroom, rummaging underneath the sink cupboards for new toothbrushes. Standing up he hand one to Seungcheol and one to Jeonghan. “Brush your teeth. And wash your face. Then we go to bed.”

He squirted some toothpaste on his own toothbrush and started brushing, ignoring their shocked looks. Holding out the toothpaste, he gave them a pointed look, nodding when Jeonghan took it out of his hands. He continued his routine, keeping an eye out on the both of them as they brushed their teeth and their really sharp canines thoroughly.

Spitting he washed out his mouth, moving onto his face. Dab some cleanser, lather up the face, wash it off. He moved onto the nearest hybrid, grabbing Jeonghan’s face doing the same, dabbed some cleanser, lathered up the face, direction Jeonghan to wash it off. Seungcheol received the same treatment. Joshua’s hands on his face, then directed to wash off the cleanser.

Joshua smiled at their childish antics as they jabbed each other with their elbows trying to wash their faces first. He shook his head, walking out of the bathroom to get on his bed. Pushing the covers back he settled in the middle, knowing that the two of them would sooner claw out each other’s eyes than sleep next to each other. Yawning into his hand, he pushed back into his pillows, waiting for the two of them to be done. Both of them walked out, getting onto the bed, Jeonghan on the left and Seungcheol on the right. Pulling the covers over the three of them, Joshua said, “Good night. Sweet dreams,” closing his eyes.


Parking the car, Joshua looked at the two of them in the back. He sighed. “Are you two going to be cooperative and get out of the car now?”

The two of them this morning had thrown a minor fuss about going to the doctors. Jeonghan played at being asleep when he wasn’t, prompting Joshua to push him off the bed. Even then the jaguar play slept on the floor. Seungcheol whined Joshua’s ear off about going to the doctors, kicking at the covers.

He threatened them. “If you two don’t get up right now. Tonight and for the rest of the time you live with me, I won’t allow you two in my room. At all.”

He’d never seen them get up so fast to get ready.

Now they sulked and pouted at him from the backseat but nodded.

“Good,” Joshua said. “Let’s go. They won’t hurt you. It’s just a checkup.”

The two hybrids followed Joshua out of the car, their faces sporting pouts that weren’t cute at all.

“The pouting isn’t cute,” he said, looking at them as they trailed behind him, “just so you know.”

That made Jeonghan and Seungcheol pout even more. Joshua shook his head, walking into the doctor’s office.

“I have an appointment for Jeonghan and Seungcheol,” he said to the receptionist. A hybrid receptionist, definitely the right kind of doctor then.

“Ah yes. Welcome Dr. Hong, Seungcheol, Jeonghan,” the hybrid said with a nod. “I have the papers you faxed from this morning. Please have a seat until someone calls you in.”

Joshua nodded. “Thank you.”

“The doctor’s isn’t a bad place,” he said whispering to Jeonghan and Seungcheol. The two of the still had ugly pouts on their faces.

Sighing Joshua started playing on his phone. Ah, he’d have to get the two of them phones. Something that he could do today no doubt. He’d have to remember. He opened a game app, playing until the felt a head poke its way into his stomach. Looking down he saw Jeonghan ears. Shaking his head, he started petting them, running his finger up and down, smiling as he purred into Joshua’s stomach. Seungcheol grabbed his other hand, shoving the pout into his face. “Ok, ok. Let me put down my phone.” Sticking it back in his pants, Joshua moved his now free hand to pet Seungcheol as well.

“You two are way needier than Jun ever was,” he mused. “I don’t know if it’s cute or annoying.”

“Cute. I’m cute, Joshua,” Jeonghan said, purring. “Seungcheol is annoying.”

“No,” Seungcheol replied back, “I’m cute and Jeonghan is annoying.”

He laughed. “You’re both cute. A bit too big and old, but cute all the same.” Joshua kept petting them as other hybrids in the office looked on in envy or with tiny smiles of their own. Even the receptionist smiled at them. He kept it up until they were called in.

“Seungcheol and Jeonghan?” A cat hybrid called out. Joshua stood up, looking at them until they followed suit. “Ah. Come this way please.” He led them down a hallway to a room. “Please have a seat and the doctor will be with you shortly.”

Joshua sat down on a chair, Jeonghan and Seungcheol doing the same, getting into the same positions for Joshua to continue the petting from the waiting room. He petted them until the door opened with a woman who had a calm smile on her face.

“Well isn’t that cute.” She looked at Joshua, “Nice to meet you. I’d shake your hand but it looks like you’re a bit busy.” She turned to the hybrids. “Nice to meet you Jeonghan,” holding out her hand.

Jeonghan took it shaking it while still purring into Joshua’s stomach.

She then turned to Seungcheol. “And nice to meet you as well Seungcheol.”

Seungcheol shook her hand and responded, “Nice to meet you too,” in a mulish voice.

“All right then. I’m Dr. Kim. And I’ll be your primary physician barring anything extreme or if you don’t like me then I can get you assigned to another one.”

She sat down on her chair, rolling herself over to the three of them. “Let’s go through the information you gave me and we can add new things, run through a physical and if you guys are healthy out the door you go.”

The two of them nodded.

“Jeonghan, jaguar hybrid, 29 years old. Hmm you are on the old side. How were you not sold early on?”

Jeonghan said nothing, pushing his head into Joshua’s hand.

Dr. Kim looked to Joshua.

“Their records. Of the times they were in medical at the facility,” Joshua said, trailing off. He felt Jeonghan grip his shirt. Seungcheol whined. He let out soothing noises, trying to calm them down.

Dr. Kim flipped to the pertinent pages, raising her brows at the number of times they were admitted. She looked back at the two of them, narrowing her eyes, trying to get a read on their body language. She mouthed, “Abuse?”

Joshua nodded.

She tchhed, shaking her head. “Seungcheol, wolf hybrid. Also 29 years old. The two of you were brought into the facility. Any recollection of your early years?”

“No,” they replied.

“Seungcheol was there first. Then I came in later,” Jeonghan said.

“Right. The records indicate that,” she said nodding. “The last time they did a health check up you two weighed in somewhat low for your hybrid types.”

She got up walking to the scale and height meter. “Let’s see how you two weigh in now. Along with height.”

The two of them clung to Joshua, not quite wanting to get up. “Go on,” he said, prying Jeonghan’s hands out of his shirt. And pushing Seungcheol towards the doctor. “She won’t hurt you. If you two are too skinny I can buy you nice fatty meat. The good kind. So go and we’ll see.”

Seungcheol rose from his position, with Jeonghan following him. Dr. Kim instructed him to step on the scale. She hummed and wrote it down. Motioning for Jeonghan to get on as Seungcheol moved off. Once again she made a humming noise. “All right stand up against the wall.” She nodded as she moved the measurer down on the crown on Jeonghan’s head. Seungcheol came next also getting an approving nod. “You can go back to Joshua now.”

The two of them walked back to him, placing their heads on his shoulders.

“Well, height wise they’re well within average. Above average for their types. Weight wise. It’d be nice for you two to gain some more weight. A couple of more pounds, 5-10 would be good.”

“Heavy on the red meat?” Joshua asked.

“Yes. Lots of meat, and veggies. It’d be good for you two to start balancing out your diet as it seems the facility kept you on a very scarce sort of one,” she said flipping the pages. “All right. Let’s get to the fun boring tests. Jeonghan please sit on the bed and we’ll start.”

Seungcheol gave him a little smirk, which had Jeonghan pulling back his lips in snarl. But the jaguar got up and plopped himself on the bed. If they were going to be babies, Seungcheol could be the bigger one. Jeonghan was brave. It’s not like the doctor was going to do anything bad to him.

Tongue depressor in hand, she said, “Now open your mouth. Ah.”


Snapping off her gloves Dr. Kim said, “You two are healthy. Clean bill. Just need to eat some more.” She wheeled back to her desk. “Ah, it says that you two generally have two mating seasons per year. Did you two have any children when you were at the facility?”

“None,” Seungcheol said.

“Nope,” Jeonghan replied.

“They preferred the normal domestic hybrids. We were made to take the pills to make sure no children were being made,” Seungcheol said with a shrug.

“It looks like you two haven’t had a mating season yet this year. Have you decided on what you wanted to do now that you’re out of the facility? We do have a mating center associated with our office. You could get paired up if you wanted children now.”

The two of them shook their heads.

“No!” They shouted.

Dr. Kim look surprised, before smiling. She turned to Joshua, “You’re going to help them through it?”

He blushed. Absolutely not. He didn’t buy them for that and he didn’t even like them that way. “No,” he said shaking his head. “If they won’t bother with a mating center, then they’ll have to tough it out alone.”

Their faces dropped before they pulled similar determined expressions. They had time to convince him. Joshua only had them for two days so far. Plenty of time to convince him that they were all he needed, because all they needed was him.

She gave Jeonghan and Seungcheol a knowing smile. “That concludes the appointment. Given their medical history they won’t have to come back for shots. A yearly checkup and appointments if they’re sick is all that’ll be needed for now.”

“Thank you doctor,” Joshua said, getting up.

“No worries. Jeonghan and Seungcheol are in very good health considering their background. And if you take care of them right, they’ll be with you for a long time. Do pop in for contraceptives if they decided to not have children and aren’t mating with you.”

The tips of his ears turned red. “Of course. Let’s go Seungcheol, Jeonghan.”

She waved goodbye to them winking at the hybrids and mouthing good luck to them.

They walked out of the office, leaning close into Joshua. When they got into the car he asked, “Was the doctors as bad as you to thought?”

“No,” Jeonghan said, wanting to pull another pout.

“Now we can have some fun. I think. You two need clothes. If you two keep wearing mine, you’ll stretch it all out and then I can’t wear them. Not to mention I don’t have a hole for a tail.” Adjusting his rearview mirror, he smiled at them, “It’ll be much more fun than the doctors. Let’s go.”