Naps are Amazing

I'll be Yours if You'll be Mine

I’ll be Yours if You’ll be Mine Chapter 4:

A/N: Again turning out to be longer. I can't seem to write past 3k per chapter. But any longer and then it'd be a different day and i want it to get it's own time to shine. *sigh* i guess it'll be more chapters then, just shorter ones.


Everyone quieted down for a few seconds.

Wonwoo broke the silence, “Could it be Joshua?”

“But why would he be home so early?” Mingyu asked.

“They sent him home or he decided to come home early,” Jun said. They were perfectly reasonable theories, but it was Joshua they were talking about here. The man was a workaholic.

“He’s worked on three hours of sleep before.”

“The excitement from yesterday might’ve got to him,” Mingyu pointed out.

The all turned to the door when they heard it open.

“Oh. You’re all here,” Joshua said. Yawning abruptly, he shuffled to the wall, kicking his front door closed. He used the wall as leverage to hold himself up as he took off his shoes.

“Hyung, you’re home so early. Why?” Mingyu said, concern in his voice.

Joshua pulled a face. “I almost killed a patient by issuing them too much of a drug. Luckily a nurse caught it. At that point, I realized that I shouldn’t be at the hospital if I was going to make mistakes like that.” He shook his head. “I’m,” yawning once more, “so tired.”

“What happened to the Joshua who thrived on no sleep?” Wonwoo asked a tad teasing.

“He grew old,” Joshua deadpanned. “And if I kill a patient due to my own negligence of my own health I’d never forgive myself. Better to go home rather than tough it out for the next seven hours.”

“You work too much on a daily basis anyhow hyung. How are you going to take care of Jeonghan and Seungcheol if you’re at the hospital all the time?” Mingyu said.

Jun nodded. Hybrids craved a lot of attention. It was the atmosphere and the care at the facility, Joshua had said one day in a short psychoanalysis of Jun. “Hybrids get neglected in terms of love and affection so when they get bought they crave it,” he had said.

Joshua let out a small, “Oh.”. Turning to the couch he saw Jeonghan, Seungcheol, Minghao sitting. “I see you two are still here,” he smiled. “I’m glad.”

That smile took Jeonghan’s breath away. Just like the pictures except he got to see it in real life. It was sweet. The way the edges of his lips curled, and the way his eyes closed in genuine emotion.

Seungcheol was just as enamored with that smile. It caused his heart to do flips. He didn’t think he’d ever seen such a soft smile. Aimed at him even. If only Joshua would smile at him like that all the time. He would’ve laughed at anyone who’d tell him that he would think such fanciful thoughts about a human one day. But here he was. Infatuated with the one who bought him.

“I’m,” he yawned, “going to take a nap. Wake me up when lunch is done Mingyu.” He turned to the two hybrids, “You two talk with Jun about things to do in the future.” Joshua looked towards Jun, “Oh, and I’ll need to know where you shop. They’ll need clothes. They’re a bit too big for mine I think. And— “

“Hyung,” Wonwoo said, “go take a nap. We got this. We can talk about these things when you’re not looking like you’ll keel over.”

Joshua gave a sheepish smile. “Ok. See you guys later.” He started to go towards the stairs, but then suddenly his feet were no longer on the floor. “Oh my gosh!”

Seungcheol lifted him up, holding him bridal style. Jeonghan stood close by with a smile on his face. “We’ll take you upstairs,” he wanted to tack on master, but he’d respect Joshua’s wishes on being called that for now.

“I-I can walk,” Joshua stuttered.

“But you’re really tired. Let us take you upstairs,” Seungcheol said. “Even if there’s no need for another one of us,” he muttered lightly.

Jeonghan heard him. He’d push Seungcheol but then he might have dropped Joshua, so he suppressed the urge to be violent. Not to mention Joshua didn’t want the two of them to fight. “Two heads are better than one, Cheollie,” pasting a fake smile on his face.

Seungcheol wanted to growl, but he remembered he was carrying Joshua still. He continued walking up the stairs, ignoring Joshua’s soft protests and Jeonghan’s annoying presence.

Jeonghan pushed the door of Joshua’s room open; Seungcheol filed in gently placing Joshua on the bed.

“I need to change first,” he held up a hand, “and no you two can’t help get anything or help me change. Move.”

The two of them scrambled out of his way, watching him go into his closet. A few rustling sounds were heard and then he came back with an armful of his work clothes, dumping it in the laundry basket full of similar articles of clothing.

“You two can go back downstairs now. Go talk to Jun a bit more.” Yawning into his hand, “I came home super early. Sorry for interrupting.”

“Can I sleep with you?” Seungcheol blurted out.

Joshua choked on air. Sleep with him? Didn’t he make this clear earlier?

Jeonghan jabbed him. “We. Can we sleep with you? Just sleep. Not the kind of sleeping with. Although I wouldn’t be opposed to that either,” he said with a grin.

Sighing Joshua sat on his bed, climbing into the covers. “I guess. You two should rest some more to fully recover. I can see that the healing rate for you two is really fast but still.” He patted the bed, “Come on.”

“Is it fine to shift? We hybrids heal faster in animal form,” Jeonghan said. While it was true, he was asking for more a strategy thing. Joshua might be more comfortable with their animal forms, since Jeonghan was just a glorified giant cat really and he was cute to boot.

Joshua nodded, yawning again as his head hit the pillows.

Jeonghan smirked at Seungcheol, as he shifted. Seungcheol did the same. The two of them jumped onto the bed, feeling it sag under their weight. Jeonghan took the left and Seungcheol the right. For one person Joshua sure had a large bed. It would come in handy when they’d progress to the kind sleeping together that didn’t involve sleep.  

Joshua reached out his hand and pet Jeonghan in between his ears. Butting his head against Joshua’s hand, he purred. “You’re really a gorgeous cat,” keeping up the petting until Seungcheol whined at his lack of pats. Turning to Seungcheol, “Oh. M’sorry.” He moved his hand and started to pet Seungcheol, rubbing his hand over the wolf’s big head. “You’re cute for such a large wolf.” He laughed. “Both of you are surprisingly cute for such wild hybrids.” He yawned into his hand again. “No more petting. Sleep time.” Joshua closed his eyes and soon all that was heard was his even breathing.

Jeonghan and Seungcheol glared at each other across from Joshua before settling down and closing their eyes, snuggling close to their new master.


Downstairs Jun started to laugh. “Did you see the two of them? They were fighting over Joshua. Oh my lord. He’ll have a hard time with the two of them.” Jun laughed some more, falling into Wonwoo, clutching at his shirt in mirth.

“What do you mean?” Mingyu asked, confused, which caused Jun to laugh even harder, his ears twitching.

“You idiot,” Minghao said.

Mingyu sputtered, “Ex-excuse you!’

“They like him. Either in the I want to have sense or in the I want master to myself sense. Or both,” Minghao said slowly, like he was explaining things to a child.

Wonwoo brushed the back of Jun’s head as he continued laughing into Wonwoo’s shirt. “You shouldn’t laugh. Joshua hyung will have a hard time and he’s busy enough as it is.”

“I know,” Jun said, giggles spilling out, “but it’s just too funny. He’s always been too busy for relationships and now that he bought two hybrids, he’ll have his hands full. Of them. Physically. And well he’ll be stuffed full too,” Jun laughed some more, until Wonwoo pulled an ear silencing him.

“Don’t make jokes involving Joshua. He wouldn’t appreciate it. And who knows what he’ll let them do,” Wonwoo said.

Mingyu snickered. “Jeonghan and Seungcheol probably want to do him.”

“Mingyu,” Wonwoo said exasperated. “That’s so low level.”

“Better than your old man jokes,” Mingyu said, offended that Wonwoo could say such a thing to him.

“Hey, shouldn’t you check on lunch? Unless you want us to go hungry,” Minghao said.

Mingyu gave him a wounded look. “You’re supposed to be on my side.”

“I am. When you’re right.” Minghao shrugged. “Joshua hyung is nice. And I like Jeonghan and Seungcheol hyung too. Joking about them and is weird.”

He pouted, and flounced off the kitchen to check on lunch.

“You have quite the leash on Mingyu. It’s refreshing,” Wonwoo said.

“It’s not a leash really. We snipe at each other a lot. It’s what we do,” Minghao said with a shrug.

“Hao Hao is vicious,” Jun said, clambering into Wonwoo’s lap. “He’s cute, but savage.”

Minghao snapped at Jun, “I told you to stop calling me Hao Hao. I’m not a baby.”

“Well, you’re younger than me and cute. So I’m going to do it,” he retorted, sticking out his tongue.

And then the two hybrids started to fight.


Joshua woke up. His eyes saw his light blue painted ceiling rather the rungs of bunk. Ah, he had gone home instead of stayed at the hospital. He rolled over, tried to anyhow. Pulling back a yelp of surprise and he saw a jaguar on his left. He forgot that he let them sleep with him. Joshua reached out a hand and pet Jeonghan, smoothing out the fur on his head and down his jaw. The jaguar really was gorgeous like this. Sleepy and just peaceful.

He stopped remembering Seungcheol’s kicked puppy look when he didn’t get any. Turning he started to pet the wolf, who let out little whuffs in his sleep. It was cute. For such a large animal, and person, Seungcheol acted rather cute and needy. A byproduct of their upbringing most likely. He remembered psycho analyzing Jun.

Disgusting, neglecting the hybrids that they made or bred. Neglect made them needy and as of such wanting constant attention from the people who bought them. Often times busy people who didn’t understand what was necessary to take of a hybrid, thus further neglecting the hybrid. Making it a vicious circle of nelglect, care, neglect, breaking a hybrid at times. Something he wouldn’t do. Hopefully.

Joshua certainly liked animals but these two weren’t just like your domestic cats or dogs. They were humans with some interesting characteristics. He really needed to learn how to take care of them. But first lunch. Sitting up he tried crawling out of the bed. But he stopped when he felt hands around him. Looking back he saw, Jeonghan and Seungcheol rub at their eyes with one hand while having another hand around his waist.

With a smile on his face, Joshua said, “Good afternoon. Was the nap good?” He sat on his legs, “Shall we go eat lunch with the rest of them?”

Jeonghan yawned while Seungcheol rubbed at his eyes some more. The droopy ears and the put out expression on his face made him look younger. He really was cute, like a big puppy. Jeonghan on the other hand, put a little smirk on his face. Joshua could just tell that Jeonghan was the more ual one of the two.

“Sleeping with you was great master,” Jeonghan said, eyes twinkling. “We should do it again.”

“Call me Joshua. Not master. It’s just too weird,” Joshua replied, feeling a light blush rush to his cheeks. It felt illicit.

“Yea Jeonghan,” Seungcheol said butting in. “It’s Joshua.”

Jeonghan bared his teeth at Seungcheol. He turned to Joshua saying, “Sorry,” with a contrite look on his face.

“It’s fine. It’s just you don’t have to. Call me that. I may have bought you but I don’t want to be your owner. I want for you two to be your own people and have your own lives. If that’s what you want.”

“Have our own lives?” Seungcheol repeated, confused.

“Jun might’ve mentioned some things. But like work and school. It’s fine if you want to stay with me forever, but I thought it’d be nice if you two could have the freedom of having a regular life,” Joshua said, a bit shy. It sounded nice in his head, but he knew that not all hybrids were ok with the idea. The facility drilling that outdated pet didn’t always leave hybrids’ brains when they left the facility. Then again not every owner was like Joshua or Wonwoo.

Wonwoo was dating his hybrid. He still owned Jun, but Jun also went to school and held a job where he made his own money. Their thing was different but it suited them.

“Ahh,” Jeonghan said. “But we’d still stay with you right?”

Joshua nodded. “For however long you’d like. You could always leave to live on your own too. Free hybrids do live alone successfully.”

“Nah. I’d like to be with you forever,” Jeonghan said, curling his arm further around Joshua.

Seungcheol also said something similar, “Wolves once they make a pack, never leave. You’re mine now.”

“Jeonghan’s in the pack too?”

Seungcheol would’ve growled had Joshua not looked at him so softly. “Yes, Jeonghan too.”

“I don’t follow orders Seungcheol. Unless they’re from Joshua,” Jeonghan said, eyeing the wolf.

“That’s fine,” Seungcheol retorted. “Joshua’s the pack leader.”

“That works for me,” Jeonghan said, flashing his canines.

“But I— “Joshua said before the door opened.

“Good, you’re awake Shua hyung. Lunch is ready,” Mingyu said with a grin.


The three of them went downstairs and into Joshua’s kitchen. Seeing the spread of food, Joshua gave Mingyu a wide grin. “You certainly worked hard today Mingyu. Even if it’s your day off.”

“You had a lot of good ingredients. Even when you’re barely home to cook yourself.”

“I get them so you can cook for me when we hang out,” Joshua said laughing as he sat down, Jeonghan and Seungcheol sitting on either side of him.

“You mean for when we have our drinking parties here,” Wonwoo muttered into his glass of water.

“That too,” he replied.

“You guys eat a lot. Have to keep up with the stomachs. And now that Jeonghan and Seungcheol are living with me I’ll probably have to change my regular order too. Add more red meat.” Joshua turned to them, “You guys are more of the rare meat eating types am I correct?”

“Yea,” they said at the same time, glaring at each other from behind Joshua.

“The facility kept us on meat diet mostly,” Seungcheol said, grabbing a steak for himself, as Jeonghan did the same.

Minghao grabbed the plate made especially for him, Mingyu catering to his love of spicy food.

“Hmm,” Joshua said around a piece of kimbap. “We can’t have that. I’ll get a hybrid nutritionist to look at you two and then we can change the grocery list. Healthy hybrids are happy ones.”

“You want the name of ours?”

“Yup,” Joshua said popping the p. “And the name of your doctor too Wonwoo. I need to make sure Jeonghan and Seungcheol are ok.”

“Vegetables?” Jeonghan asked, looking disgusted and apprehensive at the same time.

“You don’t like them?” Joshua questioned.

“Hate them,” Jeonghan replied petulantly, imagining vegetables being introduced into his diet.

“I’ll make sure to learn how to make them tasty so you can eat them fine. They’re good for you. So you can live a long life. You want to live a long time right?” Joshua said, turning to Jeonghan, holding out a piece of asparagus, “with me?”

Jeonghan looked at the piece of green like it was his death, but then he looked up at Joshua’s big eyes that pleaded with him and he opened his mouth to take a bite. The smile on Joshua’s face was worth eating a vegetable. And it wasn’t even that bad he guessed. Joshua held onto the stalk until Jeonghan finished it, Joshua’s fingers as he took the last bite.

Pulling back Joshua blushed, Wonwoo, Jun, and Minghao seeing everything. Seungcheol glowered at Jeonghan for that gutsy move. He patted Joshua on the arm and opened his mouth.

“You want one too?”

Seungcheol nodded.

Joshua took another piece, this time in his chopsticks, not wanting a repeat of Jeonghan’s flirtatious move. The wolf’s ear dropped a bit, but hey at least Joshua was feeding him still. Damn Jeonghan for doing something idiotic so he couldn’t reap the benefits.

“So,” Jun interrupted, getting disgusted by the little display, “have you two gone through mating season this year yet?”

“No,” Jeonghan said.

“Hasn’t happened yet,” Seungcheol replied.

“Well, you’ll have to do something about that Joshua hyung,” Jun said pointedly.

The way he said that Joshua would have to do something about meant he was insinuating something and Joshua didn’t like the sounds of that. “There’s always the hybrid mating centers. If they can’t tough it out alone.” He was ignoring all the pointed looks from everyone that screamed that Jeonghan and Seungcheol would likely like to spend their mating seasons with him.

“You can ask the doctor when you make an appointment for Jeonghan and Seungcheol,” Wonwoo said diplomatically, letting Joshua live in his little bubble of denial for a while. He would have to deal with it sooner or later. One was ok, but having two. Wonwoo mentally shook his head. He’d pray for his hyung.

“Minghao is spending his with me. No way I’d let him near anyone else,” Mingyu said with clear conviction.

“We know Mingyu,” Joshua and Wonwoo deadpanned. The two of the looked at each other, and then to Mingyu’s pout, and laughed, filling the kitchen with their laughter, allowing the subject of mating seasons to be forgotten.