The Day Finally Ends

I'll be Yours if You'll be Mine

The rest of the day went by smoothly. Well smoothly for them. Everyone in the school seemed to give them wide berth. The little fight with Kwangjin cemented an image for them, for Jeonghan especially. Not that he minded.

Jeonghan smirked in class as he heard whispers about him and how he took down the ty panther who thought he was hot stuff. It was funny and a mild ego boost; even if the fight was barely anything. It would’ve been nice to show Joshua his fighting prowess but he remembered how distraught Joshua looked as he cleaned their wounds during the first week they lived with him. The animal part of him though, thought if he could show Joshua how strong he was he’d fall in love more with Jeonghan’s ability to be a provider. But the human part of him remembered Joshua wasn’t into that.

Joshua did however appreciate the way Jeonghan looked. He called him handsome after all, and the scent of arousal that Jeonghan smelt off of his clothes the day of the auction was a good indication of lust. Joshua was attracted to him, but that wasn’t enough for him to accept Jeonghan’s love. Damn.

Sighing into his hand, Jeonghan tried to pay more attention to the teacher. He’d have to win Joshua over another way. All he knew was that he wasn’t going to lose Joshua to Seungcheol. If that cut didn’t heal though he’d be dead.


The rest of the day went by quick, the three of them absorbing the information. Minghao seemed to enjoy the new information. Considering his background though, it wasn’t a surprise. He hadn’t stayed at Pledis long enough to go through their version of an education. And it seemed that his previous place wasn’t all that thorough either.

Jeonghan and Seungcheol had a more varied sort of learning. Jeonghan had come from another facility before Pledis and there he had learned what was probably the equivalent of a middle schoolers education. During his stint after the transfer, they added less scholastic things and more life related things for him. Seungcheol, who had been bred at Pledis, had received a similar education to Jeonghan but it was more of an emphasis on how to live life outside of the facitlity than actual book things.

Depending on how each of them studied or rather actually worked at this, they’d have to separate into different classes. With Jeonghan and Seungcheol they’d no doubt make it a competition to see who could do better to get more praise out of Joshua. But for now, they’d have to see.

A pair of familiar foxy ears popped in the doorway. “Hey. Let’s get going slowpokes. Time for a light meal and work.”

“The café?” Minghao swung his bag on his shoulder, going up to Jun.

Seungcheol and Jeonghan followed suit, ignoring the whispers and the side glances.

“That rabbit going to be there,” Jeonghan asked as nonchalantly as he could. Pity Seungcheol had to growl. Must’ve remembered how the rabbit was in heat and tried to come onto Joshua.

Jun gave them a little teasing smirk, damn fox.

“If you must know,” he said, smirk getting annoyingly wider, “Jehwan is on vacation. His owner felt so bad that he managed to neglect him that he took Jehwan on a vacation. You’ll see him later when he comes back.”

Snorting, Seungcheol commented, “He’s got an owner and he tried to go after Joshua?”

“ ing rabbits,” Jeonghan derided, “always trying to get some.”

“Just because he tried to go after Joshua?” Minghao gave them a look. “Don’t be mean now. Not like he could help it.”

“What if someone tried to go after Mingyu with you right there?” Jeonghan raised his brow.

That shut him up for a bit. After a few minutes he cleared his throat, “I’d be jealous. But still. Not all rabbit hybrids are like that.”

Jun laughed at them. “Let them stew in their jealousy. When they can think clearly again they won’t be so prejudiced.”

“Prejudiced,” the two of them muttered.

“More like defending what’s mine,” Jeonghan murmured under his breath.

“Keeping pests away,” Seungcheol whispered.

Jun and Minghao snickered.


“The bus,” Jun said, his voice almost reverent. But he quickly dropped it, “Joking aside, it’s useful for getting to places if you don’t want to deal with the subway being too crowded or if taxis are too expensive. Just be careful of your tails. Kids sometimes like to pull and it hurts.” He pulled a face, “And if you cry out in pain their mom’s will look at you like you’re a monster when their kid was the one to make you hurt.” Snapping his fingers, he added, “Also keep an eye out for those who are hybrid haters or,” he stopped abruptly, sighing like it was common occurrence that he had to deal with. “The older folks tend to be the ones who don’t like us. So, watch for them. And anyone who gives you the shifty eyes or the bad side glances.”

They nodded, Minghao wrapping his arm around Jun trying to comfort him.

“I mean you don’t often see people like that but,” his ears drooped, “they can get rather vitriolic about our kind. And if you start something the law isn’t on our side.”

“ing ,” Jeonghan said, nudging Jun gently.

Seungcheol nodded. He remembered stories from hybrids who left and were brought back unable to settle in or thrown away by previous masters. “But at least our owners love us,” he said. “And I can probably bet that they’d throw a storm if something were to happen to us.”

“Yea,” Jun said, “Wonwoo would make it rain fire.” The fox hybrid seemed to crawl into himself with the way he huddled close, trying to make himself look smaller, “Sometimes though. It’s just too much.”

“You got us now,” Jeonghan said, “with the four of us I doubt anyone would try anything.” He flashed a bit of fang, “I dare them too.”

“They’d all be so pissed,” Minghao said with a slight snicker.

Thankfully, Jun let the infectious little noise get to him too. He started a slight giggle.

“They’d understand,” Seungcheol said.

“Hmm,” Jun said, finally standing up tall again, towering over them. “You’re right. They would.” Stretching his arms into the air, he pulled them close. “Let’s teach you guys how to cook now. No time for moping around.”


“Hyung,” Minghao said, as they walked into the café.

“Hmm? What’s up Minghao?” Jeonghan let his tail curl around his thigh, making sure it was out of place and out of the hands of possible tugging.

“The cut on your cheek.” His eyes went wide. “It’s gone.”

“Seriously?” Jeonghan scrambled for his phone. Holding it up, he poked at his cheek. Miracles did happen. His body’s crazy healing ability made the wound seal. It was like it was never there at all. “Yes,” he hissed in happiness.

Seungcheol pouted. “So unfair. You’re always so damn lucky.”

Jeonghan laughed. “Remember it’s better for the both of us this way. Joshua won’t rail at you for not helping me earlier. You know I would tell on you too.”

Muttering under his breath, “You were always a cheat and a good swindler.”

“Better than you,” Jeonghan grinned, making sure to show his sharp teeth, “easily toyed with.”

“Don’t fight now,” Jun scolded. “We’ve got things to learn. You two can learn some of Joshua’s favorite recipes. And Minghao can learn how to cook something that Mingyu likes to eat.”

“Don’t see why I have to baby him,” Minghao said, cheeks getting a bit red, “he should be babying me.”

Jun patted him on the back. “You can knock his socks off this way and he’d beg for you to make it for him a lot. He’s sappy that way.”

“True that,” Minghao said, tone a bit dismissive, “he’s such a sap. He’d love whatever I would do though.” But anyone who knew him well enough, knew that it was just an act.

“Let’s go!” Jun pointed towards the counter and the kitchen.


“No! Not that one!” There was a sizzling sound and minor crash.

“Whoops,” he said sheepishly.

Someone sighed. “Ok. Step by step all right? Follow my every word.”

He nodded.

“Good.”


“A bit more force,” the hand wrenched it in a bit harder, “otherwise it won’t steam properly and the drip will get everywhere.

Slim hands waited, and then took the container of coffee.

“Take this off and then dump the remains and pour the shot into the cup.” He nodded. “Good.” Moving, he took out a few more things. “Now, Joshua likes his drinks decently sweet unless he’s going for an Americano. Which I’ll teach you later. We have to add some creamer, a bit of whipped cream on top and some drizzle.”

He nodded, as he watched the hands work swiftly. “Good. You’ve got quick, light hands. It’s good for barista work.” He moved his head to the cup, “You can take a taste now.”

He sipped, letting his tongue fall out. “Bleh. It’s too sweet. What’s wrong with Shua?”

The other man laughed. “He’s got a sweet tooth. Need to get used to that. He eats chocolate regularly and other sweet things. It’s one of his vices. Better than cigarettes like other doctors or drinking alcohol.”

“Still,” he said, gagging a bit. “Too much sugar.”

“Next the americano.”


“Not a bad first day,” Jun said as they waited for their respective owners. “Fun?”

Seungcheol nursed a few minor cuts but he held tightly to a box that smelled not half bad. “It was eye opening.” His little stint in the kitchen was certainly something.

Minghao snickered at him. “Yea. It was. Didn’t think Seungcheol hyung was so clumsy.” He too held a box, no doubt something for Mingyu.

Jeonghan held onto a container of drinks. “You two sounded like you had great fun in the kitchen.”

“Not everyone got to be out in front counter learning how to make drinks Jeonghan,” Seungcheol said, a bit of bite in his words.

“You’re switching next week anyhow,” Jun said. “It’s to give you time and experience before we change to see what truly suits you best. We rotate as waiters though. Some of us more often depending. Good looks sell after all.” He winked at them. “I happen to be one the best looking ones too.”

The other three laughed.

“Yea. Now that I’m here though,” Jeonghan said, “let’s see who wins.”

“Don’t forget me,” Seungcheol added.

Minghao pointed to himself, “I’m right here.”

They all threw their heads back and laughed. Joking with friends was uplifting. It was nice, a different feeling than living in the facility and getting what little joy they could.

Their ears pricked up as they heard a car drive up. Jeonghan and Seungcheol’s tails started to move in excitement. They recognized that blue Audi. The windows rolled down and a familiar face looked through.

A grin on his tired face, Joshua asked, “How was your first day?”

The two of them proudly held out their hard work.

“I made you some drinks,” Jeonghan said, chest puffing out.

Seungcheol followed suit, “I made your favorite dish. Soonyoung said it was.”

Joshua gave them a lovely smile. He chuckled. “That was nice of you two. Hopefully there’s enough for the three of us to share when we get home.” He moved his head, “Come on. Let’s go.” Joshua waved to Minghao and Jun. “Tell Wonwoo thanks again, Jun. And I’ll see you two this weekend for our get together if not tomorrow.”

“You got it,” Jun said.

Minghao waved back. “Hi. Bye hyungs.”

Jeonghan and Seungcheol got into the back seat. Neither were allowed in the front on Monday. They fought over who got to sat in the front seat one too many times that Joshua made them switch off every other day, with Monday having the both of them sitting in the back to make it fair.

They waved back, content to finally be in the same vicinity as Joshua. it had been too many hours and the smell that they loved was now surrounding them.

Smiling warmly at the two of them, his eyes nearly disappeared. “You two look happy.”

“Missed you,” Jeonghan whined.

“So much,” Seungcheol added.

Joshua covered his mouth, giggling. “I missed you two too. Now let’s go home so we can relax.”

They nodded, eager to finally have the chance to let Joshua eat and drink their cooking. And  then after a shower, cuddle with him on the couch watching those terrible dramas he loved.


finally updated this one. even if two months wasn't that long. anyhow for those who don't know i do sometimes post little teasers on my twitter now, and i can also be reached here besides here on AFF and tumblr. but yea enjoy the chapter.