Waiting is a Hard Game

I'll be Yours if You'll be Mine

"We have no choice," Jun said. "We have to let them wait it out."

Minghao came over. "Jun's right on this. We have to wait about a day or two before we can come back and check on them."

Joshua opened his mouth, but Jun quickly interjected.

"By we, I mean me and Minghao, hyung." He gave Joshua a stern look. "Not you. If you come to check on them they'll go right back to fighting mode and come at us to get to you."

"It’s you they want after all. Not us. We're collateral," Minghao said, teeth biting at his lip. He gave Mingyu a little shove as the tall model hugged him.

"That was scary," Wonwoo said quietly.

"It's much different than mine," Jun said with a tiny smile. "They're rather aggressive on a whole though over me. And considering their personalities it would fit."

"But," Joshua said, his brows knitting in worry, "if I can't visit them then how will they live? They won't be cooking for themselves, will they?" He shook his head. "For that matter, what will be they doing without a partner?"

Jun hummed, moving Joshua along to the car. They'd have to leave and come back tomorrow to check on them. "Well they'll probably tear apart the house a bit and then when the human parts of their brain are in control again they'll find something that smells strongly of you and then go huddle up somewhere and to the smell of you.”

Joshua squeaked. His ears taking a light blush. "But what about their..." he paused.

"Their mating urges?" Jun laughed. "Well that's what the is for. If they can't stick it in you, they'll make do with the smell of your clothes and their own hands. I doubt they were allowed to have other hybrids in the facility anyhow, given their aggressive nature. So, it’s not a huge issue.” He shrugged, a bit too nonchalantly for Joshua’s taste.

Minghao nodded his head. "You're right. They only had their heat once when I was there and they were kept in their rooms, mildly sedated so they didn't cause a huge fuss. The other hybrids were used for breeding. But the facility people seemed wary of them and just didn't want them to have any offspring."

"A good thing," Mingyu mumbled. "They're scary as it is. Imagine kid versions of those two." He shuddered.

"But they'd be cute," Joshua murmured. "Looking like a mini Jeonghan and Seungcheol. With their ears and tails." He could just imagine having a mini version of Jeonghan in his lap and the cuteness that the child would have. And a mini Seungcheol clambering to fight for a spot on his lap as well, the wolf’s tail smacking mini Jeonghan in the face. His face went soft.

"Only you'd think that," Wonwoo said with a chuckle. "You're coming over to stay with me."

"But!" Joshua didn’t want to intrude.

"No protests. Jun said you can't come back unless you're willing to spread your legs for them and you hesitated so I’m pretty sure that's a no. You're staying with us hyung. For your safety."

“What about my place?” Mingyu said, lips in semi pout. He’d love to have Joshua hyung in his apartment so he could show Joshua the new designs he put in.

“And have paparazzi catch photos of him and splash it all over the gossip rags?” Minghao drove his elbow into his side, gently, but still driving his sharp little elbow in.

“Oh,” Mingyu said, “you’re right,” rubbing at his side.

Joshua lips thinned, a light flush rising on his face when Wonwoo talked about leg spreading. But he nodded, arms wrapping around himself. It was too much, too sudden. The fact that they wanted him that badly, but still loved him enough to tell him to leave because they were afraid they were going to hurt him.

Damn it. Joshua wasn't ready and he didn’t know what he wanted or whether the relationship should be taken even further. It was all just too much.

"Are you all right to drive?" Wonwoo looked at him, his dark eyes concerned. It wasn’t an everyday occurrence where your own hybrids tried to kill to get to you.

"I can do it," Joshua said, waving him off. "Your place. I'll be right behind your car."

"I'm joining you," Jun said. "I don't trust you to listen hyung and in their state, they'd hurt you and it'd be ugly." He pointed to the car. "Let's get in now."

Joshua sighed, opening the car and sitting in the driver’s seat.

"It's out of precaution ok? Not because. Hybrids are dangerous. Especially their type. No matter how much you think they're cute and cuddly. No matter how much you love them." Jun placed a hand on his shoulder. "They’d never forgive themselves if they hurt you. Never."

"I know," Joshua said. But it hurt. It hurt to leave them there and not know what would happen in the time that he couldn't take care of them, even if he wasn’t sure on just how he felt about them yet.


The next day Jun and Minghao came armed. Their clothing more of the thicker type and a taser. Sad if they had to use it but necessary given the actions that Jeonghan and Seungcheol took against Jun yesterday for pushing Joshua towards Wonwoo.

"Are you ready?" Minghao asked.

"No, not really. But no choice. They won't ing out right kill us but we still might in slight danger." Jun’s fox ears twitched a bit. In fear if he was being truthful. But it was best to not let them smell it.

"True," Minghao said. "But it's been a day. They should've come to their senses by now."

Jun snorted. "When I was in heat all I wanted was for Wonwoo to me senseless. They don't even have that. Joshua is off limits since they wouldn't dare and we took him away from them."

"Don't underestimate them," Minghao said. "They're rather strong and bullheaded. Considering their behavior, they probably know they were in the wrong and are repenting now."

"And probably to Joshua’s clothes," Jun snickered.

"That too," Minghao added.

"Well," he said, hand on the door knob, the key already inserted and turned, "here goes nothing."

He turned the knob, and the two of them took light steps inside the house, their bodies ready for a battle if necessary.

The house wasn't in as bad condition as they thought it was going to be. A few things were tossed about, pillows and some books. One or two chairs upturned. Not scratched though. Small mercies there. But the couch. That couch was a mess. No doubt because the two of them cuddled with Joshua on it.

It boasted huge gashes on the arms and the back rests. The insides spilling out of it like blood would be spilled out of an animal. The leather in shreds in some parts and in others barely intact and holding itself together.

Still the house was in better condition than they thought.

"Should we call out to them?" Minghao whispered, treading lighting as they surveyed the damage.

Jun nodded lightly, poking his head into the kitchen, and letting out a sigh of relief that nothing was out of place. It seems like the two of them hadn't eaten all day. Something not completely uncommon.

"The best way to do it without accidentally encroaching on their hiding spots. Hopefully for Joshua it isn't in his room."

"It'd be a massacre if it was," Minghao quietly answered back with a slight shudder. He remembered their rather loud growls of pain when the two of them had their heats hit and there was no other hybrid allowed to relieve their pain by giving themselves to them.

They slinked up the stairs, standing on the edge of them in case they needed to make a run for it.

"Jeonghan hyung. Seungcheol hyung. You two still alive?" Jun held onto the taser. If he got hurt Wonwoo would be pissed and Joshua’s face would fall when he got back from work.

The two of them heard a light grunt coming from Jeonghan’s room first. Then a slight howl from Seungcheol’s.

They'd check out Joshua’s bedroom but that might aggravate the two of them so for now they'd stay here to see just how sane the two of them were.

They heard a voice call out.

"What are you two doing here?"

Thankfully it sounded like Jeonghan was in his right mind.

"To check up on you two," Jun answered. "Joshua hyung was worried.”

They heard a thunk, like Jeonghan had hit his head against the door.


He groaned. Jeonghan hated that he was making Joshua worry. Even when it was nature's fault and not his. But , hearing that Joshua worried about them made his ing blood stir. It was both good and bad. His stupid was happy about it too. But then again it was happy a lot just from being able to smell Joshua’s damn clothes.

The first thing he had done after he had fought the animal side of the damn heat down was go to Joshua’s room and raid some of his clothes. The pajamas, things that Joshua wouldn't mind too much if he ruined. Because he knew he was going to ruin them. He jerked off severely the first time, his nose buried in the t-shirt that Joshua wore to bed a lot. The smell permeated his senses and it was almost like having Joshua right there in his lap, his body near Jeonghan’s. He wanted Joshua’s voice for the rest though of his little imaginary play though.

It would've been nice to have a voice recording of Joshua’s so he could use it to further assuage his ing aching heat. Joshua’s voice that Jeonghan could imagine and whimpering if Jeonghan was allowed to have him, to take him and spread Joshua’s legs and come everywhere on Joshua in a bid to show his possession. But he couldn't. So, he had to deal.

In the facility, they had sedated Jeonghan a bit when he had his heat, not allowing any other hybrids near. Those bastards were too scared of the prospect of Jeonghan’s offspring being too wild that they couldn't control them so they'd rather sedate Jeonghan and lose possible profit than deal with the future possible damages of his to be children. The ers.

"How's Joshua holding up," he asked, his hand wanting to go back to his traitorous .

"He's scared for you two. Wants to come back and check on you guys but you know," Jun said.

Jeonghan heard a slight shrug. He did know. If Joshua did come back both him and Seungcheol would jump Joshua and things would not be good for him. The two of them would overpower him eventually even if they didn't mean and they would do things they would regret. No. Best for Joshua not to come visit at all until they were done with this ing call of nature.


Seungcheol banged his body against the door, startling them all. "He's not working himself to death over this right? He shouldn't. It's not his fault," the wolf hybrid said.

. He hoped Joshua just went to work today normally, not spending too much of his time worrying about him and Jeonghan. He knew what Joshua did sometimes. When he was too immersed in something or he had an important case that took too much of his time.

He had watched Joshua, worry himself sick almost. The way he buried himself in his books to make sure he thoroughly knew the procedure he was planning was going to go well. The nights he spent in his office rather than his bed. Seungcheol worried too.

But his longing took precedence most of the hours away from him worrying so far. His throbbed at the scent of Joshua and Seungcheol had answered the call after he got to the right state of mind. He pulled at his and moaned deep as he spilled into his hand the first few times of sniffing at Joshua’s clothes.

Seungcheol ignored Jeonghan’s because he knew that Jeonghan was doing the same. The two of them raided Joshua’s room at different times as they got out of the initial craze at different times; Jeonghan managing to fight it first, to Seungcheol’s annoyance.

“It’s only day one,” Minghao said. “We don’t know how he’s going to go about his daily life with you guys like this.”

“Right,” Seungcheol said. “Just,” he paused, remembering that scared expression on Joshua’s face as he had advanced on them and snarled at him, “take care of him please.”

“Of course,” Jun said, his tone a bit haughty. “There’s no way we wouldn’t. Now if you don’t mind we’re going to get him some clothes so he doesn’t drown in Wonwoo’s borrowed ones any longer. We’ll come back every day if we can, bringing you two food and just checking up on you two ok?”

“Ok,” Jeonghan said through the door, “and Jun. Thanks for taking care of Shua.”

“Thanks,” Seungcheol reiterated.

They heard nods and small you’re welcome before they smelled the waft of Joshua’s vanilla come their way. They must’ve opened the door to Joshua’s bedroom. Seugncheol's hand went to his , the smell was just too good not to. After a good ten minutes the door closed, shutting off the onslaught of the smell and their hands weren’t doing any better at satisfying them the way they wanted.

“Bye hyungs,” Minghao said, as they walked by to leave.

Jeonghan grunted while Seungcheol breathlessly said goodbye.

As soon as the two left, Jeonghan groaned “Shua,” his twitching a bit as it came once again.

Seungcheol grunted, imagining Shua prepping himself for him. “Joshua.”

Both of them wondered when would they have Joshua like they wanted.


Joshua worried. He worried a lot. He just couldn’t help it. He was a natural worrier, and he couldn’t help them at all. He tossed and turned in Wonwoo’s guest room last night before the exhaustion of being up too long took him down.

Being at work did help a bit. When he was too busy running around the hospital, checking up on patients, and checking patients in, he couldn’t think about how the two of them were doing. But when he had down time, during his breaks, during lunch. He mechanically pushed his salad into his mouth, not even tasting the wonderful dressing that Mingyu made from scratch, his mind too preoccupied with Jeonghan and Seungcheol and how they were doing by themselves. And this was only day one. How would he fare as the rest of the week played out?

Luckily, he had a slew of new patients to take care of in the next few days. They took up his time and his brain, allowing him to work without worrying or knowing his bottom lip off in thought. Day two and three played out similarly as day one had. Joshua working then worrying when he wasn’t working. His heart also throbbed a bit in pain as he worried.

He did get updates from Jun and Minghao but it was different story hearing things secondhand then being able to see it for himself. But he knew he was still banned from his own home until they were done letting nature ride its course.

The days went by, Joshua trying not to worry himself an ulcer and him working. It was hard when half of him wanted to be there to take care of Jeonghan and Seungcheol but he knew in a vague sense what they would do to him if he went back and allowed them to have him. Nothing good. Well, he blushed as he thought on it. It would be good in a pleasurable sense, but his body wouldn’t be able to take the both of them wanting too many rounds. Maybe one. But most certainly not two. Joshua cut off that train of thought quickly though, not wanting to spend more time on it than necessary.

Jun came back on day six, a small smile on his face, as he saw Wonwoo and Joshua on the couch watching a drama. “I think tomorrow you can go back home hyung. It looks like the two of them have ridden out everything and tonight is just an extra day for them to completely get it out of their system.”

Joshua smiled. “That’s good. I missed them.”

Plopping himself in Wonwoo’s lap, Jun’s tail wrung around Wonwoo. “They missed you too. They keep asking me about when even when I tell them that you’re doing as well as you can. Jesus those two.” Jun ranted a bit more, “And when I told them that you’d likely be back tomorrow the walls nearly shook as they hit the doors with excitement. Like giant eager puppies.”

“They can’t help it,” Wonwoo rumbled low in his throat.

Laughing Joshua nodded at Jun’s words. “Well sometimes they really do act like overly eager baby animals, wanting attention and affection.”

“Still,” Jun said, “be careful tomorrow. Done or not the hormone levels will still be higher than their normal.”

“Of course. Thanks Jun.”


The next evening Joshua stood by his car. Hand shaking a bit, as he held onto his keys. He was excited but also a small part of him still feared their reaction. Sighing, he breathed out and in a few times. He could do this. They wouldn’t hurt him. Not when it was over.

Joshua walked to the door and slid the key in.