Day 2

Epiphany
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaemin didn't understand why he had to use a toothbrush to clean the restroom. The girls' restroom, to be exact. It was early in the morning and the first thing he had to encounter was Mr. Kwon's wrath. He was definitely not pleased at what he did yesterday. 

The male grumbled under his breath while scrubbing the tiles. He could still remember what Mr. Kwon told him: "I want it clean and spotless. A single dirt and you'll be cleaning again." Jaemin groaned. He just didn't understand why he had to do this. It was too much!

"Oh my, creeping inside the girls' bathroom, I see."

Jaemin rolled his eyes, pausing his work. "It's called detention, Eunseo-ssi. Isn't it too early to use the pass? I believe we're not allowed to use it during first period." The female shot him a fake smile in return. "Sometimes, pretending to have menstrual cramps could be useful. What did you do to get detention, Jaemin-ssi?" She faced the mirror, fixing her hair.

The male rolled his eyes once more. "What do you want? You obviously didn't just go here to make the floor dirty again." 

Eunseo turned her head, flashing an annoying smile. An annoying smile to hide the annoyance she's feeling.

"How do you even know it's real? Dad, I thought you're on my side!" Eunseo groaned as the car halted. The older male leaned back, looking at the stoplight. "And I thought you're against gays, huh? What happened?" 

"Eunseo," Mr. Yoon sighed, "It's not about being against them."

"Then what?! Haven't I told you their relationship is all fake! Jeno is supposed to be with me, not him! He's just using Jaemin to get rid off me and you know that!" She shouted out her frustration, causing the two elders to grumble under their breath, their daughter's loud voice got their heads aching.

Mr. Yoon didn't respond immediately. He could still clearly remember what happened a while ago. 

(A flahback in a flashback)

Mr. Yoon followed the two younger males behind, having enough distance between them so he won't get caught. By the time he got out, all he heard was, "... Are you still acting?" The older male could figure out it was definitely Jaemin's, taking note that even if that particular male looks a bit more feminine than the latter, his voice was deeper than his.

"... Uh, I am. Let's go back--"

He didn't hesitate to turn his heels and walk back inside the restaurant. He knew well enough not to get caught.

 

His second encounter with them was after his wife offered them a ride home. It was against his will, but what can he do? He knew his wife was too kind not to do that. 

"I'll go start the engine." He said, being the first to finish off his food. Mrs. Yoon only hummed in response, since was full with food. He stood up and went outside, only to notice the two said males in front of the restaurant. Mr. Yoon tilted his head, was he wrong? Were they not acting at all? His eyebrows furrowed when he saw Jaemin move in front of Jeno, snuggling close into his embrace.

He then decided to grab their attention, remembering that he has to drop them off to their respective houses. 

"I love you," He heard Jeno mutter, kissing the top of his head afterwards. The look on their faces were full of sincerity, and it got him into the conclusion that a) Yes, they were acting, and; b) It was stil real, nevertheless. 

He didn't know what's going on among the three, but one thing's for sure, the love they feel for each other isn't a joke at all.

"Get in the car." Mr. Yoon finally spoke, in his usual deep and intimidating voice. Jaemin pushed Jeno out from his embrace, and Mr. Yoon saw the obvious pained look on Jeno's face. An unvisible smirk appeared on his lips. He didn't need to question any further. He already got the answers he needed.

"I won't judge. I don't know anything." Mr. Yoon spoke again after much consideration. "But if you really look closely, whether they're faking or not, they actually love each other. You shouldn't be out there destroying a sincere and deep relationship, Eunseo. I thought I've taught you better."

The young female whined under her breath, ruffling her hair in frustration. This wasn't how she planned it to be. Just what did the two did to make her father convinced they're relationship was real? "But dad--" She tried to convince her once more, but she was cut off immediately.

"Ruining one's relationship is a grevious sin, Eunseo. You'll regret it in the end, no matter how much you hate them. Don't argue with me."

Eunseo glared but complied anyway. She knew better.

"Nothing, really. I just wanted to ruin your day. Good luck with detention." She giggled purposely, knowing it could irk the male and rubbed the sole of her shoes against the wet floor, leaving dirty marks as she left the restroom. Her curved lips turned upside down as she exited, groaning. This isn't over, Na Jaemin. She thought.

Jaemin groaned too, pouring water over the dirt marks Eunseo just left. He con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter