Day 0

Epiphany
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jaemin-ah~" Jeno cooed at the younger male who was busy scrolling through his phones. He was wearing earphones, yet there was no sounds blasting in his ears. "Jaemin," He called once more, nudging the male's side. In response, the latter groaned and removed one of his earphones, "What?" 

The male grinned, "You're my best friend, right?"

Jaemin sighed. He knew where this is going. "Yes, why?" He still bothered asking, even though he already predicted what's about to happen, although he's not sure what Jeno wants from him now. 

"Jaemin, you love me, right?" 

The latter froze. "O-Of course, why?" 

"Aye, you hesitated!" Jeno frowned, nudging him once more. "Do you really?" 

Jaemin sighed and nodded, rubbing his nape. "Yes, Jeno. What do you want now?" He finally regained back his composure and looked at him. "You see, I have a problem." Jeno started, which made Jaemin raise an eyebrow almost immediately. "Let me explain first," He held up his finger, shushing the latter before he could react.

"You remember Eunseo, right?" He asked and hesitantly, Jaemin nodded. He exactly remembers that girl - he never liked her in the first place. She was a nightmare to him, and to Jeno. Jaemin could formulate all the favors Jeno could ask him, but what does he have to do with Eunseo? What could he do for him in that matter, anyway?

"Don't scream if I tell you what I need you for, okay?" Jeno looked at him, expecting him to agree with what he is saying. Jaemin ceased his eyebrows, nodding with reservations. How bad could it be that he thinks he'll scream out? "You're hesitating," He stated, he himself hesitating too. "Just get on with it, Jeno." Jaemin sighed once more, removing the other earphone from his ear and tuck it inside his pocket.

"I doubt you'll not scream."

"Just get on with it." He pressed.

"Jaemin, are you sure–"

"Goddammit, Jeno!" Jaemin slightly raised his voice yet at the same time, it made Jeno answer back the same time he shouted at him. 

"I need you to become my boyfriend for one week."

Jaemin froze, his muscles relaxing as he processed the words Jeno blurted out from his mouth. "Jeno, you perfectly know we're both straight men–" Okay, that was a lie. Jaemin was aware he isn't as straight as everyone thinks he is.

"Who needs to be gay for one week just to get Eunseo out of my life. Please. She's getting on my nerves and she won't leave me alone." Jeno begged, cutting him off which isn't a usual thing for him to do. Jaemin groaned, "But why me? Why a boy? Can't you get a girl to do that for you?"

Jaemin didn't understand anything. He didn't understand why Jeno chose him. He didn't understand why he had to do this. He didn't even understand how the is he so cool about this and not even feeling 1% awkward with this whole situation.

"She won't believe me, trust me. I told her I have a 'girlfriend,'" He quoted with his fingers, "But she knows me too well. She knows damn well I don't socialize much and I barely have any friends from the opposite ." 

A deep frown was plastered on Jaemin's lips. He didn't like the idea at all. Just by thinking about how his whole plan will 'work out' started to frustrate him. 

"Gangnam station. We are arriving at Gangnam station."

Jaemin released a heavy sigh as he stood up, slung the strap over his shoulder, being one of the first to exit the train as the doors opened. Jeno frowned, calling out the latter's name as he caught up with him. Yet, hearing no response, he grumbled under his breath and followed him to school. He didn't want to discuss it in public; not that he's afraid people might hear them, but he knew if he kept bothering him, he'll most likely cause some unnecessary scene.

Arriving at Seoul Institution of Arts and Letters, Jeno finally took the chance to grab Jaemin's arm, realizing that h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter