Day 4.1

Epiphany
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The atmosphere was tensed between them. None of them spoke after Jaemin sat on the table, waiting for the latter across him to speak. "If you're not going to say anything, I'll just get going now." Jaemin spoke, breaking the silence. "Why are you in a hurry? You keep glancing at the clock. Are you meeting with someone?" Jeno said under his breath. 

He wasn't oblivious not to notice Jaemin's small movements. He kept fidgeting on his seat too, as if he was itching to leave the place already. When Jaemin didn't respond, Jeno let out a bitter laugh. "Are you seeing someone? Or probably dating, right?" 

Jeno's sudden change of attitude panged Jaemin's heart. Why does almost everything he does hurt him? 

"He's just a friend." Jaemin muttered in response. "Hm, he better be." Jeno said before walking nearer to him, removing the bag on his lap, placing it on the chair beside him. Jaemin ceased his eyebrows, not knowing what's Jeno's next move. "Come here, I want to hug you. This will probably be the last."

Jaemin heavily sighed. Was he really serious? Was everything ending earlier than they both promised? Wrapping his arms loosely around Jeno's neck, he waited once more for him to speak. 

"I'll start from the very beginning," Jeno muttered against his chest, the grip around his waist tightened, bringing him closer to him. "At the forest. I saw you there." Jaemin could only frown in response. "At that time, Eunseo dragged me there and begged to me to give her a chance. But I didn't want to. She told me she could be better than you, but I beg to differ. She listed all the things she could do to me as a girlfriend, but to be honest? I only wanted you."

Jaemin looked down at him. Was he serious? He thought, not knowing if the act was still on. "You're lying." He managed to utter out. Jeno only laughed, "I'm serious. Then she kissed me, I don't know why. All I could remember was she was being desperate. You know her, she was head over heels on me. She probably got frustrated."

"How could you not know?"

"I wanted to forget that. It was terrifying, you know? Kissing someone you don't even love."

"Then it's terrifying to kiss me, then? You don't even—"

"Says who?" Jeno looked up at him, having a small gap between their face. "I love you, okay?"  No, no, don't believe him. Jaemin could only shake his head violently. "Jaemin, please, you have to believe me. I'm no longer acting. Hear me out." Jeno said, cupping his face as the latter hung his head low. 

Quiet sobs started to escape Jaemin's lips, and Jeno could only look at him in pure worry and sadness. 

"Then why?" Jaemin cried, "Why didn't you just tell me?"

"W-Well, you said you're straight--"

"Was I not obvious enough? Did you really not feel anything?" They finally looked at each other again. Jeno frowned when he saw his puffy red eyes. "I hate you," Jaemin gritted his teeth, "Over the past days you kept giving me false hope." Soon after, a bitter laugh escaped Jaemin's lips. "You made me have false accusation about our relationship; and I thought there was actually hope – at least a small tingling hope – that we could be together." Another bitter laugh was heard. "But no, you ed me up ruthless and broke me into pieces."

When Jeno hung his head low, feeling guilty for what he has done, Jaemin released his grip on him. "Is there anything else you want to tell me? I need to go." 

Jeno smiled, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter