Day 1.1

Epiphany
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaemin wasn't the type to ignore things; by the time he realized he liked his best friend during their first year in high school, he lost it.  He never expected to like him, actually. He knew for himself he was a heteroual, not swerving to the biual lane. Yes, he considered himself as a biual rather than a homoual. 

He was still attracted to girls, nevertheless, and Jeno was the only guy he was attracted with. He found it weird, he looked at every guy he sees and he could only say he's handsome or cute, but not once did his heart pound fast when he sees them. It was only Jeno who managed to make him feel that way. 

It's been two years since Jaemin admitted he was biual. Gay wouldn't be the right term, he thought, so he'll always stick with the term biual if ever anyone asks him his uality. He was open with it, but since no one was asking - why would he say it?

"Sanha, have you seen Jeno?" He asked his same-aged friend as he bumped into him along the campus. The curly blonde male shook his head, eyes innocently looking at him, "The last time I saw him was that... erm," His eyebrows furrowed, thinking, "He came from there." He pointed at the large main doors of the school building.

Jaemin's heart started to beat faster. "Was he with someone?"

Sanha smirked, "Check it out for yourself. I believe they turned right, going to the forest behind our school." Jaemin's lip twitched in annoyance. He knew the male knew something yet he won't tell him. "You're annoying. Looking for Rocky sunbae?" He as a payback.

The mention of the latter's name made Sanha blush, "Shut up. You aren't any different yourself." He said. Jaemin grinned, "Thanks for telling, though. Tell Rocky sunbae I said hi!" 

Sanha groaned, "As if, stop teasing me!" Jaemin could only laugh and ruffled the male's hair before running past him.

Jaemin hasn't visited their school's forest for a long time. When he first arrived at SIAL, he found it weird that there was an actual forest behind their school; and it was off limits too, not until a few years later the school made some renovations to which allows the student to enter the forest but up to a certain boundary.

The forest became Jaemin's resting place whenever he felt stressed; but lately, he hasn't visited. Maybe it was the packed school work which made him forget about the place. 

He knew every corner of the forest, it was his place after all. Arriving, Jaemin looked around and started to jog off, trying to pin point where the two could be. Scenarios started to engulf Jaemin's mind and he wasn't liking any of it. The thought of Eunseo probably taking the advantage to kiss Jeno started to pin into his mind. They were alone, and she was a desperate little —

Jaemin sighed.

You need to calm down. He isn't yours. He told himself. The reality hurts, but he needed to endure it for the sake of Jeno. 

"Jeno!" The high-pithced scream echoed through the forest. The male scratched his head, knowing who owned that voice. He ran towards the direction to where he heard that voice. 

He never ran so fast in his whole life. Jaemin panted when he finally saw two figures from a faint distance. Going nearer to them, he froze. He stepped backwards as he stared at the scene before him. He let out a sarcastic scoff, laughing silently. She is a desperate little . He thought, glaring at the two.

In front of him, Eunseo gripped on Jeno's tie, assuming she pulled him as her lips were crashed against his. "It's only been a day yet here you are kissing my– Tch," Jaemin stopped himself, scoffing. Who was he again to call Jeno his? This is fake, Jaemin. Fake fake fake! He chanted in his mind, reminding himself it was all an act. He turned his heels, turning around, walking away from the scene.

Yet, the male didn't seem to understand. He made a constant reminder that Jeno will never be his; he will never like him the same way he likes him; all of this is all an act but why is he so worked up? He was supposed to be acting too, but with the drama rising, Jaemin couldn't seem to control himself, his feelings, mostly.

Moreover, he felt frustrated. More frustrated now that Eunseo was becoming more desperate to get Jeno from him. The thought of Jeno kissing Eunseo clicked into his mind, as if it was pasted their to remind him how much seeing him kiss someone else hurts so much. Jaemin didn't notice the tears falling from his eyes but when his nose clogged, he knew he cried.

He wiped his tears and sniffed hard before entering his classroom. He silenty sat on his seat, head hung low. He took out his phone, not really knowing what to do with it. He just went through every application, going back and forth to kill his time.

The male didn't hear anyone right at that moment; his mind was too pre-occupied with what happened back in the forest. He only felt his heart squeeze, as if he was being suffocated; and he hated it. At the back of his mind, he knew Jeno would question him. Why was he like this when it was all an act? Jaemin tilted his head, eyebrows ceased as he started to think of a good excuse.

An act. That's all I could give. All I have to do is pressure him to think I'm just acting. He thought. 

"Yo, Jaeminnie." Sanha sat on the vacant seat beside him, which is actually Jeno's. "What?" The latter asked, not bothering to turn his head to acknowledge the male's presence. Sanha frowned, "Did you find Jeno? You seem sad."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter